watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(01/08/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 01, 2012, 04:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Dempsey bids to force Liverpool move after refusing place on Fulham training camp

Clint Dempsey has edged closer to a move to Liverpool after pulling out of Fulham's pre-season training camp in Liverpool.

The American forward is desperate to leave Craven Cottage this summer in what would likely be the last big move his career.

The 29-year-old wants a crack at the Champions League having served Fulham with distinction for more than five years.

Wants out: Clint Dempsey is desperate to end his five-year stay at Fulham

Liverpool are playing hardball over the transfer because Dempsey has just entered the final year of his contract, and the Reds believe they will eventually secure his services for £5million. Fulham want just under double that figure.

So with the clubs at an impasse, Dempsey has taken matters into his own hands, according to Goal.com, who report the player and manager Martin Jol had a heated debate at the training ground before the Dutchman eventually relented.

Fulham flew to Switzerland for the week-long trip on Monday without their star man, who scored 23 goals in all competitions last season.

Any further activity from Liverpool depends on the future of Andy Carroll.

Newcastle are considering a fresh move for the striker after West Ham outlined a £2million loan fee with Liverpool.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181417/Clint-Dempsey-forcing-Liverpool-transfer.html#ixzz22GKUdRBO

WhiteJC

Eager To Impress

Many, including Manager Martin Jol, have tipped Bryan Ruiz to enjoy a prosperous 2012/13 campaign – sentiments that have seemingly buoyed the Costa Rican international.

Having missed the final six fixtures of last season, the forward made an eagerly anticipated return to action this month when starting the Team's final game of their German tour. He then shone in Saturday's 3-0 defeat of Wycombe Wanderers, impressing with his clever movement and footwork before firing in a stunning late free-kick.

In scoring goals to remember against Everton and Bolton last term, it appears Bryan has a penchant for the spectacular.

"As a player that plays further up the pitch, it is one of my responsibilities to help in that area," Bryan told fulhamfc.com. "Whether that is through assists or scoring goals, that's what I am here to do.

"It's nice to score goals like that, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how they go in. It would be nice to score a few more as the new season progresses though and that's something that I know that I am capable of doing."

The 26-year-old scored twice in 30 appearances in all competitions during his debut campaign and, while he caught the eye in flashes, there was an undoubted sense that there was more to come from the skilful attacker.

"I agree, I think there is more to come," he admitted. "I know that the Manager has talked about me making a greater contribution and that he has faith that I can. Is that pressure? I don't think so.

"It is exactly what I want to hear because I came to England to show my qualities. If I am honest, I believe that it has taken me a little while to find my feet. Having had almost a year to adjust to the culture, the Team, the Manager and my team-mates, I feel that I have a lot more confidence.

"I am enjoying pre-season and I feel good. I want to be an important player for the Club and one that can make a difference. It's nice that people believe that I can do it – so I want to show that I can."

Joining from FC Twente on the final day of last year's summer transfer window, Bryan is fast approaching a year at the Club. As the 2012/13 season opens, 12 months in, he is no longer the new boy.

"It can be difficult joining a new club," he said. "So if I can help the players that have come in after me then I will. There are a few new faces in the dressing room already and in Sascha [Riether] and Mladen [Petric] we have two very important additions.

"From what I have seen so far, they look really good. Sascha is a strong defender while, further forward, Mladen has done well too. He has scored a lot of goals so far, and hopefully he can continue to do so.

"Okay, they might be pre-season goals, but you can only score in the games that you are part of. As a striker, it will give him confidence going into his first campaign at the Club, and that is the important thing.

"Hugo [Rodallega] has come in as well, and we're looking forward to seeing him in action. He did well in his time at Wigan and, as a result, has Premier League experience. He'll be hoping he can make an impact too, and I'm sure he will be a success.   

"It's nice to welcome new players. The spirit of the Team is really good and we are all looking forward to getting the season started. We had a good year together last season, and we want to do good things again."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/EagerToImpress.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham want Downing or Adam as part of Liverpool Dempsey deal as Aston Villa and Everton join race for American
Martin Jol is keen to offset the potential blow of losing his American forward by reinforcing his squad with one of the expensive Anfield misfits

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam have been discussed as makeweights in the deal to take Clint Dempsey from Fulham to Liverpool, Goal.com can reveal.

But Brendan Rodgers' bid to sign the USA international faces competition from Everton and Aston Villa, who have both made recent enquiries to sign Dempsey.

Liverpool are reluctant to meet Fulham's asking price for the 29-year-old, even though the Londoners will settle for a fee of around £5-6million.

Sources have told Goal.com that discussions have centred on the possibility of either Downing or Adam joining Fulham in part-exchange.

Two of Fulham manager Martin Jol's priorities are to sign a midfield playmaker to replace Danny Murphy and to add greater penetration to his side's left flank.

Adam could be surplus to requirements at Anfield if Liverpool manage to capture central midfield target Joe Allen from Swansea, while Rodgers is not believed to be convinced about Downing.

Both players had disappointing debut campaigns on Merseyside after being signed in the summer of 2011, although Liverpool would not want to sell Downing, who cost around £20m, at a huge loss only 12 months later. They would be more comfortable off-loading Adam, who was a £7m arrival from Blackpool.

It is understood that Dempsey is still some way from securing a switch to Anfield even though, as revealed by Goal.com on Monday, he has pulled out of Fulham's pre-season training camp in Switzerland to try and force through a move to Merseyside.

Dempsey told Jol last Friday that he did not want to take part in the week-long trip and he was left behind to train with the youth team in London as the first-team squad flew overseas on Monday morning.
The 29-year-old has made it clear to Jol and senior Fulham figures that he wants to quit the club for Liverpool.

As revealed by Goal.com earlier this month, the versatile forward, who scored 17 Premier League goals last season and 23 in all competitions, has rejected Fulham's offer of a new three year-contract that includes an option for a fourth year.

Despite Dempsey's desire to quit Fulham, Liverpool have not yet made a formal offer for the USA international and, indeed, are not expected to try and sign him until Andy Carroll's future is resolved.

The Merseysiders could be pressed into action, however, following interest from Everton and Villa, even though neither club holds the same appeal for Dempsey.

Everton manager David Moyes is a long-standing admirer of Dempsey, although he would need to raise funds by selling one of his prize assets, such as Manchester United target Leighton Baines.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/31/3277037/fulham-want-downing-or-adam-as-part-of-liverpool-dempsey-deal-as-?

WhiteJC

Halliche gets loan green light

Fulham defender Rafik Halliche has been told by boss Martin Jol that he can go out on loan in the upcoming campaign.

The 25-year-old Algerian international has struggled for first-team action at Craven Cottage since arriving from Nacional in 2010, with just two substitute appearances to date.

Halliche almost departed last season but his trial spell at Scottish champions Celtic failed to result in a move and, despite him being included in Jol's pre-season plans, the Dutch tactician is willing to let the player leave on a season-long loan deal due to the central defensive options at his disposal.

"He's a good boy," Jol told the Chronicle. "I've played him a couple of times and he looks good, but we've got six or seven centre-backs.

"That doesn't make it easy for him so we're still looking to maybe put him out on loan somewhere.

"He wants and needs to play. He's an international player so hopefully we find something for him."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/31/Halliche-gets-loan-green-light/gnid-149310/?

WhiteJC

Exciting Times

Academy Director Huw Jennings talks us through the new setup ahead of the 2012/13 campaign and admits it is an exciting time for Fulham's already flourishing Academy.

Huw Jennings – Academy Director

Huw, can you tell us a bit more about the restructure in the coaching staff, with Kit Symons now overseeing our Under-21 group and Steve Wigley coming in as Head of Coaching and taking charge of the Under-18s...

Steve has come in to replace Ray Lewington who has of course joined the England national set-up. He will be the Club's Head of Coaching, a job which includes overseeing the Under-18s. Ray was looking after the Development Squad, which in essence is now the Under-21s, and that responsibility now lies with Kit. As we all know, Kit has been vital to the Academy's progress in recent years and together we have enjoyed much success. But we continue to strive for more and, at the end of the day, it's all about getting players up and into the First Team setup – and that's something I'm confident both Kit and Steve will help with.

A number of very talented young players move up from the Under-18s and into the Under-21 squad – individuals which Kit has worked very closely with over the past two or three years. How important could that continuity be?

Continuity can be the key and if you look around at some of the most successful clubs, more often than not they will have that. In working with young players, it has proved to be a very effective system. Kit has certainly played his part in the success of the Academy and many of his Under-21 squad will have played for him in the Under-18s – the same players that helped win two consecutive Academy league titles and the national final last season. That can only be a good thing, and he will continue to bring out the best in them while also developing our older boys. I know that Martin Jol wanted this to happen and continuity is something that the Club likes to promote. We hope that as a result, our boys can make it a smooth transition and in time move further up and into the Manager's First Team squad.

You worked with Steve Wigley at Southampton and he is, of course, one of the most respected coaches around. With his expertise in youth football, you must be pleased to welcome him to the Academy team?

Steve is an exciting appointment to say the least, because he has so much experience in the game, at senior and academy level. Steve and I go back a long way from our days at Southampton together – in his time at the club he oversaw the Under-18s, reserves and the first team as manager. He's also worked at Manchester City, Bolton, Hull City, Nottingham Forest and Bristol City, and is currently involved in the England Under-21 setup. I have great faith that he will continue the good work that has already taken place and I'm sure the boys will learn from his experience. Although he has worked with senior players, he has a speciality in developing young players.

It has been another busy summer for the Academy in terms of recruitment as well hasn't it, with the Club further demonstrating their ability to compete and bring in some of the best young players?

It has been yes, as it has in previous years. Of course, as I have said before, London is our heartland in terms of recruitment but sometimes you have to look further afield and that is another benefit of being a Category One academy. We have a very strong schoolboy programme, which is Under-15 and down, but felt that we needed to plug some gaps further up. As a result, this season's Under-18s are an interesting group because they have been put together from a wide variety of locations. In fact, our recruitment team had to work extremely hard in bringing them to the Club as a result of competition from rival teams. Jordan Evans has come in from Wrexham, while Liam Donnelly and Dean O'Halloran have joined from Dungannon Swifts and Waterford respectively. George Williams of MK Dons has been signed too, as has a young French Under-16 international striker from Paris Saint Germain called Moussa Dembele – who for obvious reasons will generate a lot of interest. There's one or two more that could well come in, and we believe, added to the boys we already have, that we can emulate some of the success of last season.

That success makes the Academy an exciting place to be for sure, but due to the nature of youth football, in many ways the cycle starts once more doesn't it?

Of course, every year group has moved up and, as I have mentioned, we have high hopes for a number of our schoolboy players so it will be interesting to see how they develop. It's a big opportunity for our first year scholars too, and they now have to overcome the test of full-time football - that is the challenge, but thankfully they look like they have taken to it. It's an opportunity for the second years to take more responsibility and lead by example and build on the progress that they have made. For older boys like Charles Banya and Ronny Minkwitz, they need to push on with the Under-21s and show that they are capable of playing well and consistently at a higher level. It's a big year too for the likes of Jack Grimmer, Lasse Vigen Christensen and Ryan Williams; players that came in during the second half of last season and did well – but they will now be looking at establishing themselves fully and showing that they can make the next step, which is obviously the hardest. With the changes that have been made, a number of new challenges will arise I'm sure, but it's an exciting prospect. It will be fascinating to look back in 12 months time to see the level of progress that these players and our Academy has made.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/ExcitingTimes.aspx?

WhiteJC

Ruiz, the making of a Tico creator

© Getty Images

Things are not always easy for Bryan Ruiz, considered by many to be Costa Rica's most talented export. The soft-footed, mercurial schemer, currently with London side Fulham, is on a rocky road to stardom.
"It was a tough transition to the English Premier League, the best league in the world, with the best players in the world," Ruiz, 26, told FIFA.com in April, a day before a broken foot brought an early end to his first season in the rough and tumble of the English game.

Nicknamed La Comadreja, or the Weasel, for his slippery dribbling and confounding approach work, Ruiz has not transitioned seamlessly to the physicality and furious pace of English football.

For all of his talent and creativity, he can sometimes settle for a supporting role at Craven Cottage. "I like to have the ball, I like to combine with other players. I'm not greedy; if I see a player in a better position than me, I give him the ball," said the soft-spoken Costa Rican, slight of frame, at home on either flank or just behind a striker.

Abandoned by his father as a boy, Ruiz grew up in a poor section of Costa Rica's capital, San Jose. Football became an escape, and he showed promise early.

He won the domestic title and the CONCACAF Champions Cup with hometown club Alajuelense in 2005, the same year he was first called into the national team. Touted as the next big thing in Central America, Ruiz, then 18, was nonetheless left out of the Tico team that went to the 2006 FIFA World Cup™ in Germany. "A very difficult moment for me," he quietly remembered the snub. "A real shock."

The long, lonely road
That window slammed shut, but another opened later that year. He was offered a contract at Gent, far from home in Belgium. "I didn't know anything about the club," Ruiz admitted, laughing. "But I learned a lot there." With very few Costa Ricans previously going abroad, Ruiz was blazing a lonely trail. In short order he was Gent's top scorer, captain and fan favourite.

Next stop was the Dutch top flight, and provincial strivers FC Twente in Enschede. "This was definitely the high point of my career," he said. He scored a league-best 24 goals in his first season in 2010, leading the club to their first Dutch title. "It meant everything to the fans. They appreciated me so much there and everyone knew who I was."

We're in a tough group, and Mexico have everything.Bryan Ruiz on Costa Rica's qualifying hopes

The next year, Twente were edged by Ajax to the title, Ruiz suffered the personal turmoil of a divorce from his wife and his first real injury, seriously damaging his knee. But his emerging talent was enough to earn a move to England. "I know it wasn't my best year," Ruiz admitted about his time so far in London. "But the fans here at Fulham were great to me and I promise them more next season."

The supporters weren't the only ones to welcome him with open arms "I had never actually met [Clint] Dempsey before, although we clashed many times with our national teams," said Ruiz of the American international and Fulham top scorer. "He [Dempsey] came right over to me and introduced himself when I arrived, even using a little broken Spanish to help me feel at home. He is a kind guy."

Dempsey telepathy
The understanding between the CONCACAF pair was immediate and electric. Ruiz's best moments in a Fulham shirt came from setting up Dempsey, who scored 23 goals last term. "We find each other often," Ruiz said, and after the Costa Rican set up all three of Dempsey's goals in an FA Cup game, the striker dragged him in front of the fans to share in the plaudits.

The two will likely meet in the final round of regional qualifying for the next FIFA World Cup. Costa Rica, without the injured Ruiz, made a strong start to their semi-final campaign on the road to Brazil 2014, picking up four points from two games. With their talisman now back, they face giants Mexico twice in early September.

"We're in a tough group, and Mexico have everything," Ruiz said, admitting that missing out on the 2006 finals and failing to qualify for South Africa 2010 has left him desperate to reach the 2014 event.

Ruiz was 15, just taking his first steps into the wide world of football, when Costa Rica became the only team ever to beat Mexico in qualifying at their fortress-like Azteca Stadium in 2001. "We play football the right way," he said of the most recent incarnation of the national team, pointing to up-and-comer Joel Campbell, who has followed in his own footsteps to England and Arsenal, as a player to watch.

"We can't focus on the negative, of missing out last time," he said with the conviction of a man accustomed to the sting of adversity. "We just need to get to Brazil."

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1672718/index.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

WhiteJC

Kelly ready to fight for Fulham starting spot

STEPHEN Kelly is ready to battle it out with summer signing Sascha Riether for Fulham's right-back slot.

The Irishman was a regular last season after an injury to Zdenek Grygera back in November and was rewarded with a new two-year deal at Craven Cottage.

Boss Martin Jol has added to his defensive ranks with the season-long loan deal of Riether from German outfit Cologne.

But Kelly is determined to fight it out for a place in the manager's starting XI against Norwich on the opening day of the campaign.

"I feel I've made the number two shirt my own," the former Birmingham City full-back told the Chronicle.

"I feel I was instrumental in us doing well last season and finishing ninth. I've really enjoyed it and I want to carry on where we left off.

"We're a Premier League team and you need two players in every position. If there's more competition it means you've got to rise to the challenge. Hopefully for me I've done enough last year to prove I'm good enough to play.

"I don't think they would've offered me a new deal just to have me as back-up, so hopefully the shirt's mine to lose."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/31/82029-31516561/?#ixzz22GMcmbla

WhiteJC

FULHAM LOOKING TO CASH IN MIGHT BE OPTIMISTIC TO SAY THE LEAST

Alberto Aquilani and Brad Jones are set for a move away from Liverpool to give Brendan Rodgers more money to pursue his top transfer targets.

The Reds have accepted an offer from Fiorentina for the Italian midfielder, believed to be around £7 million and will look to take advantage of Norwich's interest in back up 'keeper Jones.

Fabio Borini is currently the only new face at Anfield this summer and it has long been thought that Rodgers will have to sell if he wants to bring in any more players.

With rumours rife that Andy Carroll is set to leave the club and the Mirror reporting that Manchester City have bid for defender Daniel Agger, Rodgers could yet end up with a bumper transfer kitty.

It is crucial that Rodgers invests this money correctly. Liverpool fans will not want a repeat of disappointing transfers such as Paul Konchesky and Aquilani.

It seems almost certain that the money will be used to fund the new manager's pursuit of Joe Allen. Swansea have already turned down a bid of £12 million for the Welshman and the £7 million from Aquilani should be used to meet the Swans £15 million valuation.

With only one year's Premier League experience, doubts have been cast as to whether Allen will cope at club with big expectations. But if Liverpool are to play with the style that Rodgers demands then Allen is a must. His high tempo, short passing game will prevail over Charlie Adam's trademark cross field passes and Allen should combine well Lucas and Steven Gerrard in midfield.

Despite the addition of Borini, bringing in another attacker would benefit Liverpool. Rodgers is believed to prefer a versatile forward who is comfortable in any of the 3 attacking positions in his 4-3-3 formation. Reported transfer targets Clint Dempsey, Gaston Ramirez and Theo Walcott all fit this criteria and would complement Borini and Luis Suarez.

Ramirez and Walcott would both command a fee of £15 million though the Uruguayan appears to be a more realistic target. The Bologna forward played just off the striker last season but is also comfortable out wide and such versatility makes him a perfect fit for Rodgers fluid attacking play.

Whether Liverpool will be able to shell out £30 million remains to be seen, particularly as Rodgers has intimated that Carroll does have a future at the club. Equally, the Reds will do everything they can to stave off Manchester City's interest in Agger. Therefore Liverpool may be forced to look at cheaper options.

The £10 million being demanded by Fulham for Dempsey's services is thought to be more than Liverpool want to pay for the 29-year-old. However, Rodgers is determined to get Allen and if he is unable to fund a move for Ramirez then the American, proven in the Premier League, would be a good signing.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/07/premiership/fulham-looking-to-cash-in-might-be-optimistic-to-say-the-least?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TransferTavern+%28The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page%29

WhiteJC

Farnborough 0-3 FFC U21s

Kit Symons' Under-21 side built on their victory over Kingstonian on Friday by defeating Farnborough FC by three goals to nil on Tuesday evening.

Goals from Tom Donegan, Lauri Dalla Valle and Ronny Minkwitz secured a comfortable win for the Whites.

Fulham Team: 1. Etheridge, 2. Vigen Christensen, 3. Kavanagh, 4. Minkwitz, 5. Burn, 6. Sambou, 7. Williams, 8. Donegan, 9. Dalla Valle, 10. Altman, 11. Banya

Subs: 12. Bettinelli, 13. Peniket, 14. Donnelly, 15. Grimmer, 16. Islamovic

Farnborough team: 1. Bradshaw, 2. Smith, 3. Treacher, 4. Bosch, 5. Inns, 6. Laidler, 7. Solbas, 8. Moody, 9. Merriman, 10. Tarpey, 11. Ciardini

Subs: 12. Bennett, 14. Bygrave, 15. Page, 16. Jeffries, 17. Norris, 18. Crossley

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/Farnborough0-3FFCU21s.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham have turned down an offer from Man Utd for Dembele and Real Madrid now have interest

Dutch paper De Telegraph are reporting that Fulham have turned down an offer of € 10 million earlier this summer from Manchester United and now Real Madrid have expressed an interest.

Jan de Visser, who acts on behalf of SP International, Dembele's agent, said that Utd's offer was turned down earlier this summer. Madrid's interest has come about after they have tired of Spurs games, asking for 40 million for Modric which they are not prepared to go to. De Visser also goes on to say there is plenty of interest from other top clubs so it looks like Dembele will definitely be going but Fulham will get their asking price which is in excess of £ 10 million.

Dembele has excelled in the last year playing in a central midfield position and I'd have loved to see him sign a new contract but sadly with one year left, we need to receive the biggest fee to re-invest in the squad.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/8/1/3212063/fulham-have-turned-down-an-offer-from-man-utd-for-dembele-and-real?

WhiteJC

Yes, Real Madrid Want Him – Spanish Giants Join Manchester United in Moussa Dembele Hunt

Moussa Dembele's agent has confirmed that Real Madrid are the latest big club to have enquired about his client.

The Fulham star has been linked with Manchester United of late, but now Jose Mourinho's Spanish champions are also weighing up the possibility of swooping for the 25-year-old.

Fulham are believed to have already rejected an offer of some €10M for the former AZ Alkmaar player, but with two of the biggest clubs in world football sniffing around Craven Cottage for Demebele, may not be able to hold out for the whole summer.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/01/yes-real-madrid-want-him-spanish-giants-join-manchester-united-in-moussa-dembele-hunt/66310/?#uvZAXMfrAtEDq4A5.99

WhiteJC

Fulham pull out of friendly
Written by Super User on 01 August 2012.

It is with regret that the club has to announce that the pre-season friendly with a Fulham XI, scheduled for the 11th of August has been cancelled.

An away friendly with North Greenford United has been arranged in its place.

http://www.walthamforest-fc.co.uk/2-news/club-news/589-fulham-pull-out-of-friendly.html?

WhiteJC

Ex-Fulham man nets in Chesham win

FORMER Fulham striker Barry Hayles scored a debut brace for Chesham United in their latest pre-season friendly last night.

The 40-year-old spent last season at Truro and joined Michael Chennels on the scoresheet in their 3-1 win at Berkhamsted.

Chesham have been busy in pre-season action with a 4-1 win in their re-arranged friendly at Waltham Abbey last Thursday thanks to goals from James Potton, Robert Bartley and Michael Chennells before a 1-0 defeat at Concord on Saturday.

Elsewhere, Holmer Green drew 1-1 at Olney Town at the weekend and face their final pre-season game at home to Henley Town on Saturday.

Chesham face an Arsenal XI on Saturday. Pick up a copy of the Examiner tomorrow (Thursday) for all the best build-up.

http://www.buckinghamshireexaminer.co.uk/south-bucks-sport/west-london-football/2012/08/01/ex-fulham-man-nets-in-chesham-win-114018-31523084/?

WhiteJC

A New Chapter

Kit Symons has always been a popular figure at Craven Cottage, ever since his arrival in 1998 when we were playing in the old Division Two.

The 1998/99 campaign was the only time Kit has ever played as low as the third tier, yet he describes it as his "favourite season of playing football" after helping the Whites to win the league at a canter.

He certainly played his part too as he missed just one league game all season, and also managed to find the back of the net 11 times – just one goal off Roger Brown's record of 12 goals scored by a Fulham defender in a single campaign.

Two years later, Kit also played a significant role in our promotion to the top-flight, before departing the Club in 2001 after making four appearances for the Whites in the Premier League.

He returned to Fulham eight years later as a scout before leading our Under-18 side to consecutive league titles, as well as the National Championship in 2012. Now though, a new challenge presents itself.

"I'm the Under-21 Manager now so I spend a lot of time looking at the Elite Player Performance Plan and the new structure of youth football," Kit explained to fulhamfc.com. "It'll be an under-21 league this season where you can play three over 21-year-old players, plus a 'keeper if you want to.

"It's very much still linked in with the Academy but it's obviously closely working with the Manager and the First Team coaches as well. It's a really exciting opportunity for me.

"We want to try and equip these boys for life in the First Team. So we're looking at the technical, the tactical, the physical and the mental side of things. Obviously there's a lot of work on the technical and tactical side done out on the pitch on a daily basis, but also that's linked in with the mental approach and dealing with disappointments during games and outside of matches.

"These are still young lads who are developing in every way, so we can have a big effect, we feel, in their development and, hopefully, if we get them into really good habits now, and they continue the good habits that they had in the Under-18s before, then they can take it onto another level."

Taking into account the trophies won, teenagers making their First Team debuts, and the recent Category One status we have been granted, it certainly is a proud time to be part of the Fulham Academy.

Kit has more than played his part over the years and the Welshman is keen to continue excelling in his new role as the Academy enters a new chapter.

"It's absolutely an exciting time for our Academy," he explained. "I was convinced we'd get Category One status because I know the setup we've got here and I know the quality of the people we've got and the environment we create.

"I know it's a massive reward to get it, although I was never particularly worried as I certainly felt we deserved it. But it is a great achievement and it means a lot to the Football Club. Again it just shows the hard work and the planning that's gone in over a number of years now."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/August/ANewChapter.aspx?

WhiteJC

Cottagers did snub United bid - Agent

Agent Jan de Visser has confirmed that Fulham have already turned down one Manchester United bid for Moussa Dembele this summer.

De Visser, who acts on behalf of the SP International agency which represents the 25-year-old Belgium international, has lifted the lid on the future of the player who appears to have a clutch of clubs looking to take him from Craven Cottage.

Speaking to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, De Visser revealed that United have shown their hand by offering under £10million for Dembele, but the Cottagers snubbed the bid as they are looking to bring in more than that figure.

It is now a waiting game to see if United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will make a renewed bid to sign the player, while Real Madrid are also thought to be interested.

The Spanish champions have been trying to secure a deal for Tottenham playmaker Luka Modric for several weeks but are reluctant to meet the £40million asking price.

Therefore, Dembele would represent a cheaper alternative and has proven he can operate in a central midfield role.

Fulham boss Martin Jol has always maintained his desire to keep Dembele at the club, but if an offer in the region of £15million is forthcoming it would be difficult for him to resist.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/08/01/Cottagers-did-snub-United-bid---Agent1/gnid-149442/?

WhiteJC

Ruiz on a mission

Bryan Ruiz is determined to show Fulham fans his true capabilities after a disappointing debut Premier League campaign.

The Costa Rica international arrived 12 months ago in a £10.6m move from Dutch side FC Twente, but failed to live up to his price tag with just two goals in 30 appearances for Martin Jol's men.

However, while there have been question marks over whether Ruiz has a long-term future at Craven Cottage, the player has spoken out to insist he will prove he is worthy of a place in the team this coming season.

Ruiz said: "I think there is more to come. I know that the manager has talked about me making a greater contribution and that he has faith that I can. Is that pressure? I don't think so.

"It is exactly what I want to hear because I came to England to show my qualities.

"If I am honest, I believe that it has taken me a little while to find my feet.

"Having had almost a year to adjust to the culture, the team, the manager and my team-mates, I feel that I have a lot more confidence. I am enjoying pre-season and I feel good.

"I want to be an important player for the club and one that can make a difference. It's nice that people believe that I can do it - so I want to show that I can."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/08/01/Cottage-striker-on-a-mission/gnid-149446/?

WhiteJC

Dembele is Madrid target
Belgian has only one year left on his current deal at Fulham

Moussa Dembele: The Fulham man is being tracked by some of the biggest clubs in Europe

Moussa Demebele's agent says Real Madrid have joined the long list of clubs looking to take him away from Craven Cottage this summer.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester Unite have all been linked with bids for the 25-year-old, who shone for Fulham last season after moving from his role as a second striker to central midfield.

The Belgian has made a huge impression on his team-mates since his £5million move from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 and could leave the club for nothing at the end of the season.

The club are reportedly holding out for at least double that fee as Clint Dempsey is also tipped to leave and they will need to increase their attacking options ahead of the start of the Premier League.

But Fulham boss Martin Jol is facing a tough fight to keep the attacking midfielder at the club with the biggest sides in Europe chasing his signature, according to his agent Jan de Visser.

"Real Madrid have contacted us and asked about the possibility of signing Moussa Dembele," De Visser, of management agency Sport International, said in De Telegraaf.

"They are not the first big club who have contacted us this summer for him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7954604?

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town turn down Fulham bid for Jordan Rhodes say reports

Town frontman Jordan Rhodes
HUDDERSFIELD Town hitman Jordan Rhodes has been the subject of an unsuccessful bid by Premiership side Fulham say reports.

A number of sources suggest that Fulham, who lost the chase to sign striker Pavel Pogrebnyak to top tier new boys Reading, saw an initial offer of £2m plus add-ons dismissed out of hand by Town.

However, according to SkySports, the Cottagers remain interested in the Scottish Under-21 international who scored 40 goals last season and could come again with a much-improved bid if rumours of a move to Liverpool for their USA striker Clint Dempsey materialise.

Fulham, unsurprisiningly, are not the only club believed to be taking a serious look at Rhodes, who narrowly missed out on being part of the GB men's football squad at the Olympics, with a number of Premiership teams running the rule.

But rumours suggest it could be recently relegated Blackburn Rovers, who have recently lost new signing Leon Best to injury, who could be next to test the water.

Huddersfield Town chairman Dean Hoyle has recently spoken about the situation and explained that the club do not need to sell Rhodes and would like him to spearhead the Terrier's frontline in the season ahead.

He said: "I'm very confident he'll be with us at the start of the season. Every player has their price but Jordan is special."

He added: "Jordan's a good lad, he's a very important player to us and we'll do everything we can to keep hold of him."

Read More http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2012/08/01/86081-31523432/?#ixzz22IrLETJh

WhiteJC

Defender offered Fulham lifeline

MARTIN Jol has left the door open for Zdenek Grygera to win a new deal at Fulham.

The Czech defender is out of contract following a long lay-off with a knee injury, but is back in full training as he tries to prove his fitness to the Whites boss.

Fulham have brought in right-back Sascha Riether on loan, while Stephen Kelly has also agreed new terms in SW6.

But Jol is ready to offer the 32-year-old the opportunity to remain at Craven Cottage.

He told the Chronicle: "Grygera was injured and looks better now.

"Hopefully he can prove himself before the end of August. If he proves he's fit I would like to keep him.

"He was one of the few players who did well from the start. I played him against Chelsea in the Carling Cup and he was the best man on the pitch. He's a good player."

Grygera made just seven appearances for Fulham since his switch from Juventus last summer before suffering a horrific cruciate ligament injury against Spurs in November that ended his season.

However, the former Ajax full-back is determined to pull on the white shirt again and prove his worth to his boss.

"I am happy and will spend pre-season with Fulham and we will see what happens in the next few weeks," said Grygera.

"I would be very happy to stay here. It's difficult because there's two other right-backs so I don't know my situation."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/01/82029-31523417/?#ixzz22ItorhqS

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 01, 2012, 03:13:53 PM

Defender offered Fulham lifeline

MARTIN Jol has left the door open for Zdenek Grygera to win a new deal at Fulham.

The Czech defender is out of contract following a long lay-off with a knee injury, but is back in full training as he tries to prove his fitness to the Whites boss.

Fulham have brought in right-back Sascha Riether on loan, while Stephen Kelly has also agreed new terms in SW6.

But Jol is ready to offer the 32-year-old the opportunity to remain at Craven Cottage.

He told the Chronicle: "Grygera was injured and looks better now.

"Hopefully he can prove himself before the end of August. If he proves he's fit I would like to keep him.

"He was one of the few players who did well from the start. I played him against Chelsea in the Carling Cup and he was the best man on the pitch. He's a good player."

Grygera made just seven appearances for Fulham since his switch from Juventus last summer before suffering a horrific cruciate ligament injury against Spurs in November that ended his season.

However, the former Ajax full-back is determined to pull on the white shirt again and prove his worth to his boss.

"I am happy and will spend pre-season with Fulham and we will see what happens in the next few weeks," said Grygera.

"I would be very happy to stay here. It's difficult because there's two other right-backs so I don't know my situation."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/01/82029-31523417/?#ixzz22ItorhqS

This is one story that I sincerely hope is true. He'd be useful at RB and CB.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel