News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very strong rumours about Joe Allen about to take the dime and join Liverpool...

Started by LBNo11, August 09, 2012, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...the big word 'if' again, but if true I doubt they will make an offer for Clint, unless the American owners want to sell shirts and get a bigger following in the 'States (I know he would contribute a lot more than just a shirt sales player - but you take the point)?

He may still go elsewhere, but at least it seems more unlikely that he will make Finn spin...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr Fulham

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 09, 2012, 04:10:05 PM
but if true I doubt they will make an offer for Clint

But Allen is a CM and Dempsey is an offensive allrounder (and they are badly in the need for offensive players, especially wingers) so I don't see the connection at the moment.

By the way, the fee is pretty insane again - Henderson-esque money.

King_Crud

did I also hear that Man City might give Liverpool Johnson as par of an exchange with Agger, which i would also think would reduce Demspey interest

FFC1987

If Liverpool again fork out this much money for a player of this quality/experience its mind blowing. Ive mentioned it in another thread but the market is shot to bits!!! Glad Fulham aren't doing this, proper club, well ran and no signs of being the mug!

f321ffc

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 09, 2012, 04:15:52 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on August 09, 2012, 04:10:05 PM
but if true I doubt they will make an offer for Clint

But Allen is a CM and Dempsey is an offensive allrounder (and they are badly in the need for offensive players, especially wingers) so I don't see the connection at the moment.

By the way, the fee is pretty insane again - Henderson-esque money.
If as you say Liverpool need an all round offensive player maybe they should go for Joey Barton, i cant think of a more totally offensive player.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Berserker

Doesn't Liverpool have to pay big money to trigger his release clause at Swansea?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zzamora

15m for Joe Allen.

16m for Santi Carzola.

Some teams just never learn.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ddeuce on August 09, 2012, 05:45:40 PM
15m for Joe Allen.

16m for Santi Carzola.

Wasn't it 15m for Steve Marlet and 13m for a certain Andrew Johnson?

fp.gif :62:

God The Mechanic

Santi Cazorla could be an absolutely superb signing, really hope it works out for him at Arsenal cos he's a joy to watch when on fire.

MasterHaynes

Dempsey should be listening to the Liverpool supporters calling in on Talksport in the main Labelling Allen very average and getting mugged off again or he is another Xabi Alonso. \he starts badly it will be Konchesky/Hodgson all over again.

Why Dempsey would want to take that gamble especially if Allen is their big signing then he is welcome to it but he can't moan at our valuation of him in the light of Allens fee, or come to that, what Huddersfield, Wolves and Cardiff have quoted us for their players we were interested in

MasterHaynes

Quote from: King_Crud on August 09, 2012, 04:16:45 PM
did I also hear that Man City might give Liverpool Johnson as par of an exchange with Agger, which i would also think would reduce Demspey interest
I think either the journalist or Liverpool board have been tripping on the local produce down in Bootle. £25m plus Johnson for a year for Agger....really for £25m you could buy almost any defender from around let alone someone you only want as cover.

Burt

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 09, 2012, 05:52:22 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 09, 2012, 05:45:40 PM
15m for Joe Allen.

16m for Santi Carzola.

Wasn't it 15m for Steve Marlet and 13m for a certain Andrew Johnson?

fp.gif :62:

Hopefully we have learnt...