watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham open talks with Aaron Hughes

Started by Lighthouse, August 09, 2012, 06:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

username

Sendross is a Donkey! He is also very slow. He panics & we 're better off without him. Hughes on the other hand remains calm and is a good reader of the game

Reindeer

Quote from: username on August 09, 2012, 11:30:35 PM
Sendross is a Donkey! He is also very slow. He panics & we 're better off without him. Hughes on the other hand remains calm and is a good reader of the game

He isn't slow and actually reads the game well.  It's just easy to take a pop at him as the old "face doesn't fit" criteria kicks in. He certainly plays the ball out better from the back than Hughes, who prefers the conventional "hoof" method of delivery.

Both are good lads though and we are blessed to have them in our side.

LRCN

if the difference between hughes and senderos was so signifcant that would be reflected in statistics. but it really isnt. there is no noticable difference (in other words none) in goals conceded between the two. and when i watch all 3 play i don't see a considerable difference either.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Reindeer on August 09, 2012, 11:51:05 PM
He certainly plays the ball out better from the back than Hughes, who prefers the conventional "hoof" method of delivery.

Having said this, Hughes is incredibly steady. His football may not be as good as Phil's, but talking about interceptions and the basic defender job, he's better.

The fact that Jol played Hughes although Senderos was fit during the end of the campaign, makes me think that he prefers Hughes at the moment.

Lighthouse

The difference seems to be that Hughes is a better defender and can read the game. Senderos is a better passer of the ball and can move forward with more ease. You pays yer money you takes yer choice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 09, 2012, 11:57:48 PM
Quote from: Reindeer on August 09, 2012, 11:51:05 PM
He certainly plays the ball out better from the back than Hughes, who prefers the conventional "hoof" method of delivery.

Having said this, Hughes is incredibly steady. His football may not be as good as Phil's, but talking about interceptions and the basic defender job, he's better.

The fact that Jol played Hughes although Senderos was fit during the end of the campaign, makes me think that he prefers Hughes at the moment.

The unnoticed thing for me last season was that Hughes really had to up his game to get back in the squad (and was probably why he subsequently was first choice at the end of the season). Most noticeable was the improvement in his distribution - no more aimless 'Zamora balls' but instead simple passing to Diarra/Dembele/Kelly/Riise.

Ultimately, the competition is better for the team and forces each player to play to the best of his ability. Win win.

bog

HE CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE!

092.gif

LBNo11

...I hope he signs and will appreciate that there will be a wage reduction taking into account his age - this of course will depend on the length of contract undertaken. I value him for his worth as an individual player but I also see that Hangeland is more likely to sign a new contract if Hughes has.

By the way, I like the Beast too, though at times he does scare the beejayzuz out of me...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

when I saw this article elsewhere, I wondered how long it would take for some folks on this site to make it a thread about Senderos and not one about Aaron. It didn't take long did it? Cato the Elder would be pleased.

Good business to keep our hands on a quality, disciplined, and very effective defender.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Someone on this forum once told me Big Phil was better than Hughes. I hope he see's the importance aaron has been on our team solidarity over the years. A good servant for the club and I hope he carrys on to bring the likes of Burns and Kavanagh through.