more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (10/08/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 10, 2012, 04:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's Kerim Frei to make Turkish National Team Debut

Turkish National Team manager Abdullah Avci has made his squad selection ahead of Turkey's international match against Austria on Wednesday, 15 August 2012.

Avci will hold a press conference on Tuesday, 14 August at 17:30 GMT at the Ernst Happel stadium in Vienna.

Turkey will take on Austria the following day at 19:00 GMT in the same stadium

Eight Fenerbahçe players have been called up, Mevlüt Erdinç is set to make his return to the national side having missed the last set of games.

Fulham starlet Kerim Frei is expected to make his debut for the national team after switching national team allegiances from Switzerland to Turkey earlier in the year.

Following the decision, Frei told reporters, "My father was born in Bayrampaşa [Istanbul], he migrated to Switzerland due to economic hardships but would always take me to Istanbul for Bayram [Eid] holidays and festivals.

"Bayrampaşa has always had a special place in my heart.

"I am an ambitious person and aim to do well in England, I can play in any midfield position and on the wings as I can use both feet well.

"My father who is Turkish and my mother who is Moroccan advised me to play for the Turkish national team despite having represented Switzerland at U-19 level" Frei said.

FENERBAHÇE
Volkan Demirel
Fehmi Mert Günok
Gökhan Gönül
Hasan Ali Kaldırım
Bekir İrtegün
Egemen Korkmaz
Caner Erkin
Mehmet Topal

GALATASARAY A.Ş.
Semih Kaya
Selçuk İnan
Burak Yılmaz
Hamit Altıntop
Umut Bulut

BEŞİKTAŞ
İsmail Köybaşı
Mustafa Pektemek

TRABZONSPOR
Tolga Zengin

BAYER 04 LEVERKUSEN
Ömer Toprak

CLUB ATLETICO DE MADRID
Arda Turan
Emre Belözoğlu

FC RUBIN KAZAN
Gökhan Töre

FULHAM
Kerim Frei

REAL MADRID
Nuri Şahin

SPVGG GREUTHER FÜRTH
Sercan Sararer

STADE RENNAIS
Mevlüt Erdinç

VfB STUTTGART
Tunay Torun

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=3316

WhiteJC

Lukaku not headed for Fulham

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku will be joining a Premier League rival on loan, but it will not be Fulham, according to his agent.

The Belgium international struggled to break into the first-team picture at Stamford Bridge last season following his arrival from Anderlecht in July 2011.

Lukaku recently expressed his wish to remain in the top flight as he is determined to make a success of his move to England, and the 19-year-old has been linked with the Cottagers and Aston Villa.

However, the player's representative, Christophe Henrotay, has ruled out a loan switch to Craven Cottage after revealing he is negotiating a loan deal with another Premier League club.

"I can assure you that Romelu is not going to Fulham," Henrotay told Sport/Foot. "I am currently finalising the final details with another Premier League club.

"Romelu will go on loan. I cannot say which team he will join, or when it will happen, but things are progressing."

Henrotay admitted his client had held talks with Martin Jol, but added: "We have spoken to many clubs. Those journalists spread those rumours without even checking with me."

http://www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14287_7976050,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham open contract talks with defender

Aaron Hughes
FULHAM have opened talks with defender Aaron Hughes about a new contract at Craven Cottage.

The Northern Irishman made 29 appearances for the Whites last season but is in the final 12 months of his current deal in SW6.

Boss Martin Jol is keen to keep hold of the 32-year-old and the Chronicle understands the two parties have begun negotiations about extending his stay at the club.

Hughes has played more than 200 games for Fulham since his switch from Newcastle in 2007, forming a formidable partnership in the centre of defence with Brede Hangeland.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/09/82029-31588892/?#ixzz236weItDN

WhiteJC

Baraclough on Hooper's possible move to Fulham

Former Scunthorpe star, who played with the Celtic striker at the Irons, Ian Baraclough gives Drive Time his views on the prospective transfer.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120809/baraclough-hoopers-possible-move-fulham-178309?#f1gOKfz0KeotbWSU.99

WhiteJC

Schwarzer targets top half
Fulham goalkeeper impressed by new signings in pre-season

Mark Schwarzer: Optimistic about Fulham¿s chances for the new season

Mark Schwarzer has set his sights on another solid campaign for Fulham after insisting that pre-season preparations are going well.

The Cottagers finished ninth last season despite an exhausting schedule that saw them enter the Europa League qualifying rounds in June.

They have had the chance to refresh this summer and Schwarzer is confident of building on the achievements of last term.

"It's been going well," the 39-year-old goalkeeper told the official website. "We've had two pre-season camps - one in Germany and one in Switzerland - and they've been good.

"Overall we were all very satisfied with the way the season ended up.

"To finish ninth - and we were very close to finishing seventh - when we started our first game in June was excellent. To have such a long season and still finish in the top half was a credit to everyone at the club.

"This season we want to again finish in the top half of the table and to continue to be an established Premier League team.

"It's going to be tough and every season it gets tougher. Teams are investing in new players and the quality of the league is always getting better but we need to make sure we continue doing what we've been doing the last couple of seasons."

Vital

It has been a busy summer at Fulham with players coming and going, but Schwarzer insists the new arrivals have settled in quickly.

Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega have already shown good form up front in pre-season, while full-back Sascha Riether has also impressed Schwarzer.

"They've done really well," he said. "If you look at the scoresheet, Mladen's been on it just about every time so it's pretty obvious he's settled in very, very well.

"Hugo scored the other night at MK Dons and it looks like he's back to fitness. It's vital for us to have strikers who score goals.

"And Sascha Riether has done well at right-back. He's settled in well and it's like he's been here for a long time."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7976332/?

WhiteJC

Proceed - with caution

While your correspondent remains wedded to the beach culture that is the South of France in August, and the temperature remains a balmy 30 degrees C. yes, I know the clock is counting down. So here it is, your first update of the NEW season.

First up, a big welcome back to all buddies old and new. You and I both know by now this FFC blog has grown into one of the most vibrant - and widely disseminated global football blogs over the past two seasons. I'm delighted to say this fact has been recognised by our ESPN hosts, and you will be hearing more from me over the coming months. Furrther news on that front once I get back from my hols.

Long before I left the miserable UK summer behind I predicted to friends Clint would be lining up with the team on day one v Norwich and that Jol would keep his powder try in the transfer market until the season was well underway. Evaluating the transfer dealings to date there is but one player we have passed on I would have seen as a genuine asset. That he's gone to QPR hurts me even more. I've been an admirer of Junior Hoilett for two seasons. The guy had something from the moment I first saw him play.

However, if Jol believes both Frei and Kacaniklic can now step up to the plate and match the best full-backs in the Premiership I will not be despondent for too long. The addition of Rodallega is a real coup, and Mladan comes with enough pedigree to compensate for the loss of Pogrebnyak. What has kept Fulham apart from the top six in recent campaigns has been our fragile away form, allied to a frustratingly timid approach even when visiting the most ordinary of teams. I still have nightmares about last winter's display at Aston Villa...what is that awful team doing in the top flight? And anyone able to explain the early season 'effort' at Wolves last August?

Can we hit the ground running this time with a nice juicy meeting with the Canaries setting us up for a trip to Old Trafford - where we simply must not turn up with an inferiority complex. Pray also for a robust referee who is not afraid to put whistle to mouth when Fulham men are hacked down in the box. Pre-season the boys have turned in results and done what's been expected of them. The current squad is good to go with cover for every position. Those released are all in the over-30's club and their passing had long been predicted. Our thanks to Danny and Dickson for their services in midfield, and er, Andy...yeh, on your bike mate!

Let me say right from the start I'm a fan of Hugo - and I don't mean that turgid movie. If our wide boys can cut it, and with Rodallega's turn of pace, I can see Fulham picking up goals - and thus points - on the break away from home that, should our home form remain solid, should make for a compelling season. But now for the caveats to keep our feet on the ground. Neither of our boy wing wonders are yet in the Ronaldo league. Both may find themselves too easily shunted up cul-de-sacs by the better full-backs in the division.

I have great confidence in Dembele and Diarra to pull the strings from midfield, but do we need additional bodies here? How good can Sidwell be with a run of games? And of course, is Clint going to be part of the picture for the whole season? Nobody knows...

As for the does-he-stay-or will-he go saga that is the boy Dempsey, let's consider that over the next blog.

Over to you guys, so let's hear what's on your minds as we prepare for another thrilling season following the BEST team in London

Twitter@fulhamphil

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2012/08/proceed_with_caution.php?

WhiteJC

THE 200% PRE-SEASON PREVIEWS: FULHAM

How long is a reasonable time for a club to be expected on find its feet in a new division? One year? Three years? Five years? It's a question worth answering in the case of Fulham Football Club, because after over ten years in the Premier League, there are still some that consider this club to be interlopers in the top division, the plaything of an occasionally eccentric multi-millionaire. Football supporters are an inherently conservative bunch, and Fulham had the temerity of break through the glass ceiling that we had put in place for them. After eleven years, however, times have changed. No longer, in some respects, that quirky club with the pretty ground on the banks of the River Thames and Jimmy Hill hanging around somewhere in the background, Fulham FC has grown up, and not everybody, it sometimes seems, has even has noticed yet.

Fulham FC has, however, kept most of its charm in spite of the pace of change around it. The redevelopment of Craven Cottage has – Michael Jackson statue excepted – been more tastefully handled than that of any other club at their level in recent years, and there remains something modest about the club, an ongoing sense that for as long as the club is competing in this division and isn't struggling too badly, all will be right with the world, and it is perhaps instructive that perhaps one of the biggest stories to have come from the club so far this summer has been the planning approval for a new stand at Craven Cottage that will increase the capacity of the ground to 30,000. Previous looks at the financial position of the club have indicated low debt but an over-reliance on the largesse of Mohammed Al Fayed, and this news is a significant step in reducing the clubs dependence upon his money and that of Premier League television contract money. Both as insurance against the possibility of relegation and UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations, this seems like a prudent approach to take.

In a summer that has seen this scenario repeated at several other clubs this summer, Fulham may end up losing a player that has come to epitomise their club in the form of Clint Dempsey, who courtship by Liverpool has been one of this summers more enduring transfer sagas and, whilst nothing is finalised at the time of writing, it probably remains as likely as not that the American international is at least nearing the end of his time at the club come to an end. In the event that he should leave the club, a gap would be left in their midfield that would prove difficult to fill. One player, however, does not make or break a club these days and Fulham should be strong enough to be able deal with that eventuality. It seems unlikely that Fulham will allow this most prized of assets to leave without a significant struggle, though, and rightly so.

Whilst the talk of Dempsey leaving the club has cooled of late, however, the loss of Danny Murphy couldn't be avoided. At thirty-five years old, perhaps Murphys best days were behind him, but he always seemed capable of lending an air of authority to the Fulham midfield and if footballers can be measured by influence and example to other players, he will be missed this season. But his passing from Craven Cottage also hints at another reason for medium to long term reason for optimism for the clubs supporters. An academy which has category one status and has produced such bright young things as Chris Smalling, Sean Davis and Karim Frei in recent years hints at a future which has as much resting on youth as on experience. If Fulham can pluck out more gems through this academy, then the clubs upward trajectory might not, in the medium to long term, be coming to a halt just yet.

Otherwise, the clubs summer in the transfer market has been quiet, limited to Sascha Riether, Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega, but it is the other names that the club has been linked with which provide a little more excitement, not least Huddersfield Towns Jordan Rhodes, who has already scored seventy-one goals in just one hundred and twenty-two matches for the newly-promoted Championship club and has been turning heads for no little while, now. Other clubs are interested in him and, of course, there is an element of gamble in signing a relative youngster with no Premier League experience (and especially for the sort of money that Huddersfield are understandably holding out for), but if there has been a player in the bottom two divisions who has looked capable of making this sort of step up over the last couple of years or so, then Rhodes is probably it. At present, however, Blackburn Rovers – of all people – are said to be the favourites to capture his signature, though the extent to which we can necessarily believe the press on this sort of subject is, of course, questionable. The signing of a "proven goalscorer" – it's a trite phrase, but it's accurate in the case of Rhodes – might well be an extremely valuable one for Fulham for the coming season, especially if Dempsey leaves the club.

Manager Martin Jol has proved a popular choice amongst supporters and his appointment has proved to be an astute one. Sacked by Spurs with considerable haste, Jol managed Fulham to ninth place in the Premier League last season, a not inconsiderable achievement considering the resources of those around them in the table. Perhaps this is the wrong season for Fulham supporters to expect significant improvement on that performance, but another season in the upper end of the divisions mid-table cluster would provide further stability for the club ahead of the plump new television deal which kicks in next summer, with a run to latter stages of one of the domestic cups being far from beyond this team. This summer, however, Fulham feel as if they are building for the future – and that can be no bad thing in the short-termist world of modern professional football.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=20117

WhiteJC

Fulham hoping to tie up new Hughes deal

The Fulham Chronicle are reporting that Fulham have opened talks with Aaron Hughes over the possibility of signing a new deal with the club.

The defender's current contract comes to an end in June 2013, meaning clubs can start pursuing his signature in barely a few months time. Manager, Martin Jol, however, is keen to keep ahold of his Northern Irish stalwart.

At moments last season it seemed as though Hughes had fallen out of favour in the eyes of his manager who, instead, preferred a combination of Philippe Senderos and Brede Hangeland . It is thought that many of Jol's concerns, though, related to the fitness of Hughes, who has formed a formidable partnership with Hangeland since the Norwegian joined in January 2008.

Since those concerns, the 32 year-old has proven his worth to the team and is now considered by Jol as a definite first team member.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/8/9/3231363/fulham-hoping-to-tie-up-new-hughes-deal?

WhiteJC

Cottagers plan Parkhead raid

Fulham boss Martin Jol will reportedly test Celtic's resolve by launching a move for striker Gary Hooper.

The Scottish champions have so far stood firm on Hooper and rejected a £7million bid from newly-promoted Southampton for the forward earlier this year.

The Saints have since secured Jay Rodriguez from Burnley and are unlikely to return with an improved offer for Hooper and Jol now hopes he can capture the Celtic star, who grabbed 29 goals in 49 appearances last season.

Jol has already secured the services of forwards Hugo Rodallega and Mladen Petric this summer but the Dutchman admits he is still seeking to strengthen his frontline following the exits of Orlando Sa, Bobby Zamora, Pavel Pogrebnyak and Andy Johnson.

The SPL outfit are eager to keep hold of Hooper, who moved to Parkhead in a £2.4million deal from Scunthorpe in 2010, but Celtic boss Neil Lennon has previously conceded he could be forced to cash in on one or two of his big names this summer to fund his own transfer plans.

It remains to be seen how much Fulham will need to bid to convince Celtic to part company with the 24-year-old but Jol will almost certainly have to offer more than £7million if he is to secure the services of Hooper for the coming campaign.

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/cottagers-plan-parkhead-raid-1452241.html?

WhiteJC

Sidwell tips Fulham frontmen to shine

STEVE Sidwell has backed new signings Hugo Rodallega and Mladen Petric to fill the void left by the departures of Andy Johnson and Pavel Pogrebnyak.

The duo are part of a new-look Fulham frontline this season, with boss Martin Jol still searching for more firepower.

Petric has been prolific during pre-season, while Rodallega scored his first goal on his debut in Tuesday night's friendly win at MK Dons.

And Sidwell says the pair are more than a match for those who have left Craven Cottage.

He said: "Before pre-season and any players coming in you would probably think it was a bit light [up front].

"But I don't think we're light at all up there now. Petric doesn't need many chances to score goals and Hugo has come in and scored. It's down to the rest of us to chip in with goals now.

"The gaffer's always looking for strikers to come in but if we start the season with what we've got it's not a problem."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/08/09/82029-31582463/?

WhiteJC

Danny Murphy a factor in Dickson Etuhu's Blackburn move

Dickson Etuhu has said the chance to play alongside former Fulham team-mate Danny Murphy convinced him to join relegated Blackburn Rovers.

The pair spent four years together at Craven Cottage and will link up again at Rovers after both agreed moves to Ewood Park this summer.

"Everyone knows the gel that we have together," said midfielder Etuhu.

"He's a good friend, not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well. After speaking to him, my mind was made up."

Etuhu has set his sights on helping Blackburn back into the top flight at the first attempt after joining the club for an undisclosed fee on Friday.

The Nigeria international told BBC Radio Lancashire: "I'm looking forward to testing myself in the Championship again.

"We want to go straight back up, so that's my goal. I'm obviously going to miss it [the Premier League] but my goal is to get back there. That's the most exciting part of this project.

"I had some great years at Fulham but I thought it was time for me to move on.

"This is exciting to me, coming to a big club in the Championship with some good quality players. I thought it would be good to be a part of that."

Blackburn begin the new season with a trip to Ipswich on 18 August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19183652?

WhiteJC

Foundation Workforce Celebration

Fulham Football Club Foundation welcomed 35 of their sessional coaches to an 'End of Season' event at the Motspur Park Training Ground on Friday 3rd August, to celebrate the achievements made in the local community over the past season.

The event started with a football match that saw the group of volunteers and coaches split into two, taking each other on in what proved to be an entertaining contest.

This was followed by an evening ceremony, that saw three coaches pick up special awards for their hard work and contribution throughout the 2011/12 season.

Congratulations and thanks go to the following participants:

Matt Pegler – New Coach of the Year

Matt is fast becoming one of the Foundation's strongest coaches and is a huge hit at the Goalkeeper School Sessions he runs on Friday evenings, whilst also doing a lot of work for the Club on the holiday courses, weekend programmes and Kickz Longmeadz projects.

Paul Smithers - Coach of the Year

Paul has worked as a sessional coach for the Fulham FC Foundation for a number of years and has matured into a strong head coach, specialising on our Longmeadz project and holiday courses. His ability and strength in this role has led to a lot of new coaches following his lead and gaining a lot of coaching techniques from him.

Chris Tabron – Outstanding Contribution to Fulham FC Foundation

Chris has coached for the Fulham FC Foundation for more than eight years, working around his full-time teaching role at the Orleans Park School in Richmond. He is Head Coach at the Hawker Centre on Saturdays, contributing to the advanced centre, goalkeeper school and commercial tour aspects of the Foundation. The quality of his work and his commitment to delivering the highest standard of coaching possible is fantastic and infectious and was why he was chosen as the recipient of this award.

Fulham Football Club Foundation would like to thank the entire coaching workforce for their outstanding achievements in helping us 'build better lives through sport.'

If you are interested in following in the footsteps of Matt, Paul and Chris and would like to join Fulham Football Club Foundation as a sessional coach or volunteer for the 2012/13 campaign, please contact for more information  www.fulhamfc.com/foundation or 0870 442 5432

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/August/FoundationWorkforceCelebration.aspx?

WhiteJC

Sunderland and Fulham value calls for top-ten league finish
Respective managers of clubs have secured regular top-half Premier League finishes

Sunderland achieved a 13th-place finish last term, but a vast improvement both in terms of performances and results was evident since Martin O'Neill's arrival.

After garnering 11 points from 14 games under Steve Bruce, O'Neill steered the Mackems to 45 points, and a top-half finish looks well within reach this term at 11/10.

Punters should consider O'Neill's highly successful Aston Villa tenure for a point of encouragement regarding this bet.

In four full seasons as manager at Villa Park, O'Neill achieved top-half finishes at a 100 per cent rate, with three consecutive top-six standings emanating from his reign too.

Now taking charge on Wearside for his first full campaign, it looks wise to side with O'Neill and company to break the top ten once again.

What also bodes well for the Black Cats is their capability to dispatch the lesser sides in the Premier League.

Last season, only the eventual top six possessed a better record than Sunderland against sides that finished in the lower half of the table, which is a highly encouraging statistic.

Elsewhere, another side appearing to offer immense value to finish in the top ten is Fulham, who are afforded an 11/8 price to crack the top half.

Like Sunderland, the Cottagers benefit from the stewardship of a manager who has enjoyed consistent impressive league finishes in England's top flight, in Dutch coach Martin Jol.

Former Tottenham boss Jol guided Spurs to three consecutive top-half finishes during his spell at White Hart Lane, including two fifth-place standings in succession.

He also enjoyed a very healthy first campaign in charge of Fulham last season, having a ninth-place finish to show for his efforts with a limited budget.

The much-touted departures of star performers Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey have failed to materialise as of yet too, which could prove of great benefit to the Craven Cottage outfit.

With such performers remaining in the ranks, and such a capable boss at the helm, Fulham look good to extend Jol's perfect record of top-half Premier League finishes.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/sunderland-and-fulham-look-value-calls-for-top-ten-league-finish_113089.html

WhiteJC

Fulham look to tie up Aaron Hughes future

Fulham have opened contract talks with defender Aaron Hughes.

Hughes is in the final 12 months of his current deal and is one of a number of members from the Cottagers squad negotiating new terms.

The 32-year-old Northern Ireland defender has made more than 200 appearances for Fulham and last season performed a U-turn on his decision to retire from international football.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-look-to-tie-up-aaron-hughes-future-8031217.html

WhiteJC

Watford and Peterborough eye loan swoop for Fulham youngster

WATFORD and Peterborough United have enquired about taking Fulham full-back Matthew Briggs on loan.

Martin Jol told the Chronicle earlier this week that he was weighing up whether to send the youngster out to get first-team football.

Briggs was restricted to a handful of Premier League appearances last campaign, spending a month on loan at Peterborough.

And the Chronicle understands Posh and Championship rivals Watford have both asked about the 21-year-old's situation at Craven Cottage.

Jol said: "Matty needs games but I need cover as well. In pre-season he's looked very good, so we will have to think about that in the next couple of weeks."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/10/82029-31594992/?#ixzz239YVFi9O

WhiteJC

Fulham open Hughes talks
Cottagers keen to keep Northern Ireland defender

Aaron Hughes: Entering his sixth season with Fulham

Sky Sports understands Fulham have opened talks with defender Aaron Hughes over extending his contract at Craven Cottage.

The 32-year-old, who made 18 Premier League starts last season, is in the final year of his current deal and is one of several players negotiating new terms with the Cottagers.

The Northern Ireland international has been a mainstay in the Fulham defence since making a £1million move from Aston Villa in 2007, clocking up 204 appearances.

After coming through the youth ranks at Newcastle, Hughes made 278 first-team appearances for the Magpies before joining Aston Villa for £1m in 2005.

Hughes made his debut for Northern Ireland in March 1998 and although he retired from international football last September, he reversed that decision in February.

He won his 80th cap against Norway at the end of February and has been named in Northern Ireland's squad to face Finland on August 15, three days before Fulham start their Premier League campaign at home to Norwich.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7979685/?

WhiteJC

Timmy's Season Preview

Season previews always seem so half empty. Not because the writers are lazy (okay, some are) but because there's always that spectre of "well, poo can get real around the transfer deadline, so, here's some vague material that should be read skeptically. Enjoy!"

With that in mind, here's my preview. It's not vague, and it shouldn't be read skeptically. I guarantee all of the following events will happen. In some capacity.

Fulham will defeat a Sky Five club or two at home. (Sadly, it won't be Chelsea.) The story line won't be about us though.

Fulham will lose at Everton.

"JOL OUT!" will be a message board topic by, oh, mid-November. Such sentiment will ossify by Christmas.

Fulham will lose at least once to a newly promoted side on the road. They will also trounce at least two newly promoted side at home.

A star player will get sick; media will speculate there was a "bust up" and he'll "surely be sold." He won't.

A star player will be sold for a decent amount of cash around a transfer deadline. The club will then use that money to unearth some overlooked talent.

MOTD will feature us last at least 66% of the time. We will all complain about it. Alan Shearer will respond "For me, they're just not a big club." Alan Hansen will counter with "Fulham are now a decent side." Lawro will still predict us to lose every week.

David Stockdale will be sent out on loan. We'll all make a fuss.

There will be a series of matches where Fulham play like crap and concede extremely late goals. This will force us fans to threaten ending our fandom. Fulham will then immediately play some beautiful football, achieve some great results, and get sucked back in.

Fulham will have a clear path to a cup final, and somehow screw it up.

Fulham won't score many goals on the road, and pundits will point to how awful their road form is. All while turning a blind eye to how amazing their defense is on the road.

Fulham will finish a very respectable midtable. A few smart pundits will clap and say "good job!", and then promptly discuss the horrors of Manchester City purchasing another title.

At next season's preview, pundits will say "Boy, Fulham don't get the credit they deserve!".

The cycle will repeat.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/08/10/timmys-season-preview/?

WhiteJC

Hughes negotiating new Cottagers deal

Fulham have opened contract talks with defender Aaron Hughes, Press Association Sport understands.

Hughes is in the final 12 months of his current deal and is one of a number of members from the Cottagers squad negotiating new terms.

The 32-year-old Northern Ireland defender has made more than 200 appearances for Fulham and last season performed a U-turn on his decision to retire from international football.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/hughes-negotiating-new-cottagers-deal-3196323.html?