News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will dempsey play for us at all before the transfer window shuts.

Started by cottage cheese, August 13, 2012, 03:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gozorich

QuoteI've said it before, he owes us nothing and we owe him plenty.

I understand what you are saying. However it doesn't do the 'keep Dempsey' cause any good by constantly saying how much we 'owe' him.

He is the ultimate professional; conducting himself to the highest standards but he is exactly that - a professional. He has been highly paid by the club for years during which very little interest has been shown in him by 'top' clubs despite his going public about his need to prove himself elsewhere.
He has earned his money just like you and I but to say we owe him is a bit far fetched.

I really hope he stays but if he doesn't we'll have to find another professional.
That's all!

rhyspabsolom

I'm just saying that after sticking with us despite every manager dropping him and it looking like we'd be relegated and being attacked by idiots on messageboards, he's given a lot to play for Fulham. Yes, he's earned his money like we have but out of all the players in the league / world to badmouth for a lack of loyalty, he's pretty near the bottom of the list.

I don't understand why fans demand ultimate loyalty from players, it would be hypocritical to want infinite loyalty from someone when all he's done is fulfill the contract we gave him.

JBH

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 14, 2012, 08:16:10 AM
I'm just saying that after sticking with us despite every manager dropping him and it looking like we'd be relegated and being attacked by idiots on messageboards, he's given a lot to play for Fulham. Yes, he's earned his money like we have but out of all the players in the league / world to badmouth for a lack of loyalty, he's pretty near the bottom of the list.

I don't understand why fans demand ultimate loyalty from players, it would be hypocritical to want infinite loyalty from someone when all he's done is fulfill the contract we gave him.

Fine I don't have a problem with him leaving I just wish his agent would work harder to get the other clubs who are supposedly interested in him to make a decent bid for him now instead of turning it into a saga!

MJG

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 14, 2012, 08:16:10 AM

Has he fufilled his contract this pre season?
Is he Injured? Has he had a bust up? Is he on Strike?
the trouble is the club & Dempsey have been too quiet for too long on this subject so you know something is up. the video before the Charlton game was a prime example, not one mention of him.

licker

Daily Mail Linking him to Everton This morning, now that we have a few shillings from the sale of Rodwell, good replacement tho, for Cahill and Rodwell.
Not sure if we want him really he's not a youngster, so it might be we want him on loan with the option to buy.

Bill.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: licker on August 14, 2012, 10:10:42 AM
Daily Mail Linking him to Everton This morning, now that we have a few shillings from the sale of Rodwell, good replacement tho, for Cahill and Rodwell.
Not sure if we want him really he's not a youngster, so it might be we want him on loan with the option to buy.

Bill.

With us paying, say, 50% of his wages perhaps. And giving Moyes a finders fee and a box of chocolates.

supersub

Well, if he doesn't get an offer this summer, there's no guarantee he'll ever get one - or, at least an offer that will appeal to him.
So if he's still with us on September 1, I can see his agent (out of self-interest, if nothing else) urging him to sign a new contract. It would be an insurance for him, while a good offer is still on the table, and could still include a get-out clause in case of any future interest from a bigger club.
Who ever thought it was a good idea to have a transfer window that remains open after the season began??

BalDrick

'Who ever thought it was a good idea to have a transfer window that remains open after the season began??'

Indeed. Bloody thing.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Senior Supporter

Bill.

With due respect Bill I cannot see what Everton can offer him that is preferable to the supposedly 'best ever' contract we have put in front of him.

I get more cynical with advancing years, and can't help suspecting that the rumour has been put about on behalf of Fulham or Dempsey to give Liverpool a gee up in making a decision.

epsomraver

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 14, 2012, 11:26:27 AM

Bill.

With due respect Bill I cannot see what Everton can offer him that is preferable to the supposedly 'best ever' contract we have put in front of him.

I get more cynical with advancing years, and can't help suspecting that the rumour has been put about on behalf of Fulham or Dempsey to give Liverpool a gee up in making a decision.

:plus one:

FFC1987

I'd rather have Clint for one more year and let him go on a free. Hes a 10mil man and would be a 10mil asset/signing for upcoming season. We got him in for pittance and in revenue etc he has made up his fee and wages.

Not jumping on the sell star players to function as a club model as thats nonsense, we have spent 10mil on players in the past with no return and we still carried on. If an offer comes, and it suits all three parties, fine sell him, but I won't be booing etc if he stays as he's a role model and a good image for FFC and been good for us but that respect has been on both sides.

licker

Could well be right, i;m sure we wont beat the wages he might get from Liverpoo, or even the better deal he would get from you.
But then i'm not really bothered in a 29 going onto 30 year old, he will never again re-produce the season he has just had, and like you say, there's  no sell on value.

HatterDon

Quote from: BalDrick on August 14, 2012, 10:47:38 AM
'Who ever thought it was a good idea to have a transfer window that remains open after the season began??'

Indeed. Bloody thing.

Well, it's a Europe-wide transfer period. If it ended today, it would still be after league football has begun in Scotland, Holland, Germany, Austria and several other locations in Europe. It's a thang.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BalDrick

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 14, 2012, 11:26:27 AM

Bill.

Bearing in mind the deluded twats see themselves as a far bigger club than the one they finished beneath last season, or indeed the one they shaded on GD, I don't think any Everton rumours would make them hurry up.

BalDrick

Quote from: HatterDon on August 14, 2012, 01:33:51 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on August 14, 2012, 10:47:38 AM

Indeed. Bloody thing.

Well, it's a Europe-wide transfer period. If it ended today, it would still be after league football has begun in Scotland, Holland, Germany, Austria and several other locations in Europe. It's a thang.

Does not make it any less of a pain in the arse though. As I've banged on about before, it's the agents doing their final 48 hours thing, playing clubs off against each other for a few more quid, and 10% to the agent, that makes deals all happen last minute.