News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dembele is pretty much gone as well! damm madrid!

Started by cottage cheese, August 14, 2012, 09:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: supersub on August 15, 2012, 10:43:53 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 15, 2012, 09:09:32 AMMy guess would be that Clint gets sold and Moussa leaves for free next summer.

Or what is possibly more likely: Dembele signs a new contract that gives him a better deal for the next year, with a get-out clause that allows him to leave if a club comes in with a big enough offer. That way, everyone wins.

For all the stick Bale gets, that's what he just did for his club.

itombomb

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 15, 2012, 09:09:32 AMMy guess would be that Clint gets sold and Moussa leaves for free next summer.
Or what is possibly more likely: Dembele signs a new contract that gives him a better deal for the next year, with a get-out clause that allows him to leave if a club comes in with a big enough offer. That way, everyone wins.

Except his agent who won't get as big a payday, and likely the player himself who wouldn't get as big a salary as if he were on a free.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: itombomb on August 15, 2012, 11:05:02 AM

Except his agent who won't get as big a payday, and likely the player himself who wouldn't get as big a salary as if he were on a free.

His agent would get two pay days. First for negotiating the new contract and second for whichever club he moves to.

chiefo

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 15, 2012, 08:59:38 AM
@ff(C)uk

I hope you're right. This is not what the clubs needs going into the first game. We could have a different shape in less than a months time which is not good preperation!

I honestly would sit dempsey and dembele out until their futures are resolved. Drastic as it may be and probly will get a bashing on here, but we need to see how we would cope without those two and I think norwich is the perfect game.
Only a prediciton, but Madrid will have the scouts at the Cottage this Saturday and we'll see Dembele have the game of his life. Yep Norwich is ideal.

I hope I'm wrong, would love to see him stay for one more season at least, because I believe if we sell for 20m now in a couple of years it will be even more.

TonyGilroy

If Real Madrid want Dembele they'll sign him. They won't need to watch him against Norwich.

I'm guessing he's on their list but nowhere near the top. An "understanding" that he'll sign for them on a Bosman next summer will probably suit them perfectly.

Matt Inglis

Dembele is not good enough for Madrid, just putting it out there.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

FFC1987

Quote from: Matt Inglis on August 15, 2012, 01:09:04 PM

He has the potential.

Matt Inglis

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 15, 2012, 01:26:05 PM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on August 15, 2012, 01:09:04 PM

He has the potential.
If he continues at his current rate I imagine he'll hit his peak at around 27, Madrid are probably more likely to go for a younger player, maybe 22 or 23. Then again, it's impossible to predict these sorts of things. I think he'd be throwing away his future.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Bassey the warrior

He wouldn't be a starter, they'd be investing in the future. But he's behind Nuri Sahin in terms of backups. Too soon for that move.