https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Derek Boatang

Started by Walsh, August 14, 2012, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

Just thought I'd add this:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/derek-boateng/transfers/spieler_18091.html

Usually a pretty reliable website and that says he was bought for £4.29m a year ago. With the length of his contract, Dnipro have no reason to sell, so it'd presumably take quite a bit more than they paid for him for them to give him up, and for just a "decent" player at his age who probably won't start, that seems far too much money imo.

Mr_Moon

Boateng has been wanting out of Dnipro for a while as his family hasn't settled there and wife hates it. I think there's a chance Ramos will want to use him in their Europa League tie, albeit the 2nd leg as Rotan is ahead of him in the pecking order, so *if* he does sign then it wouldn't be until deadline day. He's alright but I don't particularly want him at Fulham as he's not an upgrade on Sidwell.

LRCN

wouldnt mind him as an alternate option in the middle of the park. like etuhu in many ways, if we can get him in for 2m or not much more wouldnt mind that.

moon when did you become such a conniseur on eastern european football and why? i see your tweets, its impressive

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 14, 2012, 11:42:06 PM
Boateng has been wanting out of Dnipro for a while as his family hasn't settled there and wife hates it. I think there's a chance Ramos will want to use him in their Europa League tie, albeit the 2nd leg as Rotan is ahead of him in the pecking order, so *if* he does sign then it wouldn't be until deadline day. He's alright but I don't particularly want him at Fulham as he's not an upgrade on Sidwell.
Same story with Inkoom, isn't it? African players seem to have some problems to settle in Ukraine and Russia. I've heard stories Samba wants out too.

Mr_Moon

It's been a passion of mine for a while, but relatively recently I thought I'd try to be productive with my twitter and leave the Salad dodger esque lunch talk for Facebook. Aside from being interested in other cultures, political history and geography, I guess it really kicked off when I read Jonathan Wilson's Behind the Curtain in 2007 (good book, recommend it).

My season started a month ago so I'm less excited about the fixtures this weekend as others may be.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 14, 2012, 11:51:15 PM
Same story with Inkoom, isn't it? African players seem to have some problems to settle in Ukraine and Russia. I've heard stories Samba wants out too.

Inkoom is a tryer but unfortunately for him not very good. I don't know if it's necessarily African players, IMO it's more down to the personality and willingness to adapt to a different culture. The Eastern Bloc isn't Western Europe. There's also that elephant in the room.

the1metaknight

Seydou Doumbia and Oliseh have done fine.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: themetaknight on August 15, 2012, 01:33:03 AM

Yeah, but many african players still claim there's still racism aimed at them. Just remember Samba, who wanted to quit Russian football only a few weeks after joining Anzhi.

And that does seem to be a relatively widespread problem in eastern european leagues, I've heard it quite a few times now.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 15, 2012, 11:41:51 AM

Yeah, but many african players still claim there's still racism aimed at them. Just remember Samba, who wanted to quit Russian football only a few weeks after joining Anzhi.

And that does seem to be a relatively widespread problem in eastern european leagues, I've heard it quite a few times now.

Whereas the EPL has been a role model on the racism front....

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 15, 2012, 11:49:51 AM

Compared to other leagues, yes. They have tackled racism head on in the stands.

Unfortunately some players have not been so obliging.

Its not perfect, but the right moves have been made and hopefully it will continue to get better.

FFC1987

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 15, 2012, 11:54:06 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 15, 2012, 11:49:51 AM

Compared to other leagues, yes. They have tackled racism head on in the stands.

Unfortunately some players have not been so obliging.

Its not perfect, but the right moves have been made and hopefully it will continue to get better.

I do agree, i was just on the wind up

Mr_Moon

The RFU seems happy enough to hand out 10,000 to 30,000 ruble fines for offensive chanting, yet in comparison with what else they fine clubs for, it's pittance.

Taking into consideration the distrust that Muscovites have of non-Muscovite Russians, it's no wonder Samba feels uneasy as he plays for a disliked club from a despised region. Zenit are the worst, they won't even sign players from the Caucasus.