watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First time at the cottage!

Started by CanadianCottager, August 18, 2012, 08:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianCottager

Glad to say that I've finally hopped across the pond  000en.gif and I'm finally going to be attending my very first Fulham game. Managed to escape from the people I'm travelling with for the day and I'm making my way down to Stevenage Road today. I'm excited and hope for a good result, I've been slimming down for weeks to fit into this "Medium" sized Johnny Haynes edition golden shirt and I hope all that effort wasn't in vain. I'm saying we'll take it 2-0 over the canaries today, COYW! :scarf:

SP

Have a great day CC.  Enjoy the ride, it may get a bit bumpy if we're not winning by 3 by half-time.

Don't forget the Cottage golden rules, try not to eat or drink in stadium & avoid the 'conveniences' unless absolutely necessary.

fulhamben

hope you really enjoy it as your first game is a very special thing indeed. make sure to buy a programe to remember it by.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

brightster

Have a great day, the sun is out and we should see a very entertaining game today.

Matt_Keen

What a gorgeous day for it! Have a great time and let's hope for the right result!
COYW!!

Adam87

have a great day. Amazing day you chose. Get to the ground early and make sure you dont rush anything.

ron

Quite right. Arrive early and savour every moment of the atmosphere. The first game of the season...and your first ever visit.... optimism unencumbered by any disappointments that may arise later in the season...... is something to remember forever.

King_Crud

did you friends leave you when you said you fancied a day of cottaging?

Meerkat

Have a great day and enjoy every moment of it, you chose a good day for your first visit. :scarf:

CanadianCottager

Absolutely magnificent, simply couldn't have been better, I will have to return soon! What a lovely day and what a spectacle! Thanks for the tips, now lets hope we can follow this up with a similar performance at Old Trafford ;)

Fulham Far East

my last time there was in 2007 :(  ManCity at cottage

never get a chance to go there

Adam87

That what the premier league is, when people come from all over the world and happen to catch a game they are blown away by the atmosphere and the passion. You just dont get this anywhere else in the world in other sports. Premier league will just become bigger and bigger over time. I hope you caught the bug today and why so many of us love this club. Great choice you made.

Jack Fulham

An ideal first game. Hope you enjoyed it.

ron

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 19, 2012, 12:54:42 AM
An ideal first game. Hope you enjoyed it.

There are a lot more like that coming !

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Adam87 on August 19, 2012, 12:17:18 AM
That what the premier league is, when people come from all over the world and happen to catch a game they are blown away by the atmosphere and the passion. You just dont get this anywhere else in the world in other sports. Premier league will just become bigger and bigger over time. I hope you caught the bug today and why so many of us love this club. Great choice you made.

The Premier League has atmosphere and passion that you don't get anywhere else in the world? I know people have perfected the collective groan in England, but really?! The atmosphere wasn't even good yesterday.

Talking about why so many of us love this club and the premier league is an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Matt Inglis

Well your first game was a lot more successful than mine by the looks of things.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Adam87

Hello Mr moon,

I read it back and didnt agree the statment myself ha....sounds very arrogant. I guess what im trying to say is that our friends from across the pond dont relaise what an addctive bug it is when you support a team over here and the passion it brings. You do get passion all over the world of course, but i think our league as a whole is something very unique, how many leagues do you get the bottom sides beating the top. Sorry for my statement. You were right. 093.gif

Mr_Moon

Happens everywhere. I've seen Osasuna survive on the final day by beating Madrid, I've seen Sporting win at the Bernabeu. Last season both Bayern and Dortmund lost in their first few games to sides who respectively won in the relegation playoff the previous season and a side who were relegated this (11/12) season. Now relegated and 2nd tier side Tom Tomsk beat Zenit last season. Lorient who stayed up by 1 point last season absolutely dominated PSG in the first game this season and then beat Champions Montpellier.

The top four clubs are pretty much the same every season barring financial difficulties/booms. Last season's final day was dramatic because of injury time goals, yet it rarely happens and the end of season drama has always been at the bottom. The Premier League is only unique at the moment for stupid money and great players going to average clubs (for the money).

Poor atmosphere at games, expensive tickets, sitting, predictable league finishes, fans thinking it's the best league in the world because it's Sky Sports' tag line. Yep, sounds fantastic.

Adam87

either its amazing propaganda on marketing or a billion people who watch it every week are very silly.

Mr_Moon

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.