more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey chants at today's game?

Started by EJL, August 18, 2012, 10:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Moon

Quote from: JBH on August 19, 2012, 05:02:10 PM

The f888 uoyr ambition chant is aimed at Mark Hughes and QPR not Dempsey 065.gif

That's who I thought it was at too. My only problem with the chanting yesterday was that we just sound like a paranoid bunch. Granted I don't go to games much anymore, when did we start singing about QPR all the time? Chelsea chants were to the minimum but we're infected by these now. What's wrong with singing about the team? I don't want to complain too much as it improves the atmosphere a bit.

epsomraver

Been singing QPR are sh*t ever since Mo came

nose

Don't like the abuse of clint. I think he hasn't done a thing wrong. Personally i think he is overated but had a good season but cannot understand the abuse at all. He'll be back in the team soon enough!
On the other hand Jol should have kept quiet on the subject, his comments were unhelpful.

epsomraver

Apart from the F off Dempsey which when in H3 i did not hear at all  and would not have agreed with at all, the rest was not abusive, are you watching Dempsey was very apt.I cannot see him back in a Fulham shirt, he is not Tevez!

Berserker

I didn't hear any Dempsey chants where I sat in the Putney end. Mind you the Norwich fans were sing like canaries all the way though, even when they were losing. They have damn good support Norwich, pretty friendly bunch as well.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

This from The Guardian amongst its ten talking points from the opening games

Martin Jol bristled at Fulham fans gloating at the absent Clint Dempsey during their thrashing of Norwich City. They had a point, though, especially as their new striker Mladen Petric excelled on his debut and scored twice. Would Dempsey's life at Liverpool really be better than at Craven Cottage? There are few more joyous experiences than watching Jol's side at their free-flowing best.
Jacob Steinberg

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Martin Jol bristled.................what like basil ???

Boom Boom

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: epsomraver on August 19, 2012, 09:40:56 PM
Been singing QPR are sh*t ever since Mo came

I'm not talking about the Al Fayed song.

Lighthouse

Brist is a place in Croatia and so clearly this is a poor translation into English.

Jol Brist Led means Jol was leading to a town in Croatia to find a striker like Petric. So Jol was telling Fulham fans that a striker not unlike Petric would be coming from Brist in Croatia.

Odd how the simple things can become confused in translation.

bugsy

That was appalling House  
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2012, 12:35:41 AM
Brist is a place in Croatia and so clearly this is a poor translation into English.

Jol Brist Led means Jol was leading to a town in Croatia to find a striker like Petric. So Jol was telling Fulham fans that a striker not unlike Petric would be coming from Brist in Croatia.

Lighthouse

Quote from: bugsy on August 20, 2012, 08:37:11 AM
That was appalling House  
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2012, 12:35:41 AM

Yes it was amd I am very sorry.

JBH

Quote from: nose on August 19, 2012, 10:21:18 PM
Don't like the abuse of clint. I think he hasn't done a thing wrong. Personally i think he is overated but had a good season but cannot understand the abuse at all. He'll be back in the team soon enough!
On the other hand Jol should have kept quiet on the subject, his comments were unhelpful.

You are either a  :wum: merchant or a dick either way Clint has a lot to answer for

TonyGilroy

Unhelpful how?

There clearly is a situation with Dempsey and the supporters are desperate to be told exactly what is happening. Assuming Jol was telling the truth as he sees it (and as the club sees it) then we now know more.

Whether Dempsey stays ultimately depends on which clubs offer how much and whether any deal is acceptable to player and club. Nothing said by anyone changes that.

Berserker

Personnally I'm glad Jol and Fulham said something about the situation.  I think it is much better to do in a press conference type of way than the obscure tweets that Clint and other footballers make.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

Quote from: Berserker on August 20, 2012, 09:52:33 AM
Personnally I'm glad Jol and Fulham said something about the situation.  I think it is much better to do in a press conference type of way than the obscure tweets that Clint and other footballers make.
Totally agree. We had four weeks of 'he looks moody in that picture' 'hes injured that's why he never travelled/played' 'they had a row' etc etc.
Much better for us and to stop the rumours about what possibly is/was going on.
It does raise other questions and the one I have now is Why has Dempsey not said anything in response?

epsomraver

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 08:46:02 AM

You are either a  :wum: merchant or a dick either way Clint has a lot to answer for
[/quote What happened to the setting an example to C/C people coming over that we do not abuse fellow posters?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Oiseau on August 19, 2012, 09:42:06 AM
It was mostly from the Hammy End to my knowledge and it was quite a noisy chant. What's more, it was repeated a few times. It made me feel quite uncomfortable in all honestly.

Yes, it's unacceptable if he did 'refuse to play' but by the the sounds of things that's not the whole story. Even if he did, it doesn't wipe away all that he's done for us. Dempsey has been with us for five years, has been our most prolific goal scorer and has given us some of the greatest moments in our history. That says a lot about loyalty and who can blame him if he fancies a new challenge on a bigger stage. There's only so far that he can go with us. Rubbishing him as some fans are doing at the moment just seems very ungrateful and unkind.

Jol said in a post match interview that he wasn't happy with the singing. I agree... It was a little vindictive.

If it was the club telling Dempsey that they were not offering him a new contract then I suspect you would be complaining about the club's loyalty towards Dempsey. Why then is it wrong to question Dempsey's behaviour? Throwing this tantrum when there is no offer yet and the club is willing to sell is definitely disloyal.

He may fancy "a new challenge on a bigger stage" but there are right ways and wrong ways to go about making a move. Dempsey has gone about this in the wrong way. And like Bullard and others he should expect abuse from the fans for being disloyal to them.

Delboy

The fans pay their entrance fee and can express their discontent at a player if they wish, who was happy to sign a much improved pay deal and contract but now has his head turned by paper and agent talk and refuses to play for the club, allegedly. It looks like he doesn't want to put in an official transfer request as he would not be entitled to the big signing on fee. Smacks of wants his cake .....

nose

Quote from: epsomraver on August 20, 2012, 10:24:52 AM

[/quote What happened to the setting an example to C/C people coming over that we do not abuse fellow posters?
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 20, 2012, 10:53:00 AM
Quote from: Oiseau on August 19, 2012, 09:42:06 AM
It was mostly from the Hammy End to my knowledge and it was quite a noisy chant. What's more, it was repeated a few times. It made me feel quite uncomfortable in all honestly.

Yes, it's unacceptable if he did 'refuse to play' but by the the sounds of things that's not the whole story. Even if he did, it doesn't wipe away all that he's done for us. Dempsey has been with us for five years, has been our most prolific goal scorer and has given us some of the greatest moments in our history. That says a lot about loyalty and who can blame him if he fancies a new challenge on a bigger stage. There's only so far that he can go with us. Rubbishing him as some fans are doing at the moment just seems very ungrateful and unkind.

Jol said in a post match interview that he wasn't happy with the singing. I agree... It was a little vindictive.

If it was the club telling Dempsey that they were not offering him a new contract then I suspect you would be complaining about the club's loyalty towards Dempsey. Why then is it wrong to question Dempsey's behaviour? Throwing this tantrum when there is no offer yet and the club is willing to sell is definitely disloyal.

He may fancy "a new challenge on a bigger stage" but there are right ways and wrong ways to go about making a move. Dempsey has gone about this in the wrong way. And like Bullard and others he should expect abuse from the fans for being disloyal to them.
Quote from: epsomraver on August 20, 2012, 10:24:52 AM

I noticethat FoF forum is as pleasant as the other place that just closed. I heard clint interviewed live on TV and what he said was reasonable. There isn't much factual stuff since then that I have seen. If offered a place at utd or similar it would be natural for him to be tempted. As I understand he hasn't been made a concrete offer of better terms at Fulham, again not many facts on display.

For me Clint has made a vast improvement, last season his effort and movement were much superior to before. His goals were welcome but whether he justifies the status he recently seems to have acquired I am not so sure. One good season doesn't make him a true great. I do hope he stays, but after the norwich game the style we will be playing may just not suit clint s well as what we did last season.
What the manager did was very unhelpful because he publicly opened a rift between himself and the player. It will be far more difficult if clint wants to stay after the manager's comments.