watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes

Started by ffcfulham, August 20, 2012, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

The club are obviously looking to get in the best players at the best value.

They must find it enormously helpful when people on here simply assert that a potential fee for a player we may or may not want is too much and condescendingly inform them of what the "true" value should be.

It's a market filled with sharks and we have to do the best we can. The squad is light a few players as Jol candidly admits so presumably there will be a few arrivals but inevitably they'll be considered too cheap to be any good or too expensive to be worth their fee.

jarv

As someone said, who is better for 7m? (silly money these days). Victor Moses, fast, good dribbler with an eye for the roof of the stand.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: jarv on August 20, 2012, 12:50:36 PM
As someone said, who is better for 7m? (silly money these days). Victor Moses, fast, good dribbler with an eye for the roof of the stand.

I should've said 'realistic' option.

Bassey the warrior

If that is the fee I should expect about £3 million or so to be performance based.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2012, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 20, 2012, 09:08:46 AM
At that price I would prefer Chamakh who can hit the ground running and has a point to prove
You would be happy spending 7m on Chamakh? Oh god, please don't.

I would hope we could get him for 4-5m , but I would rather spend 7m on Chamakh than 7m on Rhodes.
Chamakh was top scorer in France, Wenger waited a whole season to sign him and when he started at Arsenal everyone was saying he was quaslity, he missed a few chnaces , crowd got on his back and was put on the bench. He could be another player we buy cheaply because of current form that Fulham would revitalise.

FFC1987

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 20, 2012, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 20, 2012, 09:12:26 AM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 20, 2012, 09:08:46 AM
At that price I would prefer Chamakh who can hit the ground running and has a point to prove
You would be happy spending 7m on Chamakh? Oh god, please don't.

I would hope we could get him for 4-5m , but I would rather spend 7m on Chamakh than 7m on Rhodes.
Chamakh was top scorer in France, Wenger waited a whole season to sign him and when he started at Arsenal everyone was saying he was quaslity, he missed a few chnaces , crowd got on his back and was put on the bench. He could be another player we buy cheaply because of current form that Fulham would revitalise.

I don't think anyone would argue if he was cheap and had low wages.

Rhys Lightning 63

According to reports on Twitter (not the most reliable source, but hey ho)

Apparently we've agreed a fee for Dempsey as well also

It's all change now
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

mickybrown100

horse1031

any idea where Clint is supposed to be going?

Matt_Keen

Quote from: horse1031 on August 20, 2012, 02:29:14 PM

Liverpool, according to Agent NCP on twitter we're meant to have agreed deals with Liverpool and Huddersfield. I don't personally follow Agent NCP, but I've seen mixed things, some people rave about him, others say he's useless.

Will have to wait this one out I think?

jelmo

Looks like its just the same old innacurate Tweeter rubbish.

SKSW6

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 20, 2012, 02:31:02 PM

Liverpool, according to Agent NCP on twitter we're meant to have agreed deals with Liverpool and Huddersfield. I don't personally follow Agent NCP, but I've seen mixed things, some people rave about him, others say he's useless.

He's one of the worst. He's got just about everything wrong so far this window.

ElissonSnygg

We already have a thread about this twitter rumour.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Matt Inglis

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 20, 2012, 02:31:02 PM

He's actually okay but only because the things he posts are very obvious.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

ElissonSnygg

Fee is £5.5m + 2m in add on's according to some posts on twitter. Will be announced on thursday. Let's see if it's true.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

AllyWhite

According to Agent_NCP from twitter, Fulham have agreed fee for Rhodes, and are beating other PL teams to loan signing of............. Tom Huddlestone. I don't mind that TBH

Walsh

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 11:28:27 AM

By the way, who do you think is 'much better' and available for 7m?

Somebody put a bid in for Fernando Llorente (who handed in his transfer request) they put a 6m (euro's) bid in for him but he didn't want to join them, unlikely that he'd want to join us but he would be an insane signing even if we had to spend 12m I think he'd be a class catch.

ToodlesMcToot

supposing we did sign Rhodes, what would be a reasonable expectation for his progression to the first team?

he will not be thrown immediately into the fire, certainly. will he play with the dev squad and evaluated and then a decision made? would we loan him to a Champs side for the first half of the season and then re-evaluate? Curious to hear thoughts, since we don't often spend like this on lower league talent.

will Jordan play in the PL before Sparky departs???  :005:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mr Itchy

According to Agent_ITK Rhodes is off to Blackburn and Huddlestone is a target for Man U, Chelsea, Villa & Fulham..

Mr Fulham

According to Agent_WTF Jordan Rhodes will sign for Manchester United and Clint Dempsey has agreed a new seven-year-deal with Fulham