more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes

Started by ffcfulham, August 20, 2012, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: AllyWhite on August 20, 2012, 02:52:23 PM
According to Agent_NCP from twitter, Fulham have agreed fee for Rhodes, and are beating other PL teams to loan signing of............. Tom Huddlestone. I don't mind that TBH

Bloody brilliant if true, very much strengthening out team throughout

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 20, 2012, 02:58:30 PM
supposing we did sign Rhodes, what would be a reasonable expectation for his progression to the first team?

he will not be thrown immediately into the fire, certainly. will he play with the dev squad and evaluated and then a decision made? would we loan him to a Champs side for the first half of the season and then re-evaluate? Curious to hear thoughts, since we don't often spend like this on lower league talent.

will Jordan play in the PL before Sparky departs???  :005:

certainly not in the dev squad...

FFC1987

Fulham Bob‏@Bobharper1992

CONFIRMATION: Jordan Rhodes to Fulham FC is a done deal. Fee is £5.5m + 2m in add on's. To be confirmed by Thursday #FFC #huddersfield #brfc

Thats the latest I saw and he said it was from a statement he enquired with, not on twitter ITK etc.

Ill just wait till FFC say anything.

TheDaddy

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 03:07:23 PM
According to Agent_WTF Jordan Rhodes will sign for Manchester United and Clint Dempsey has agreed a new seven-year-deal with Fulham
:54: Thanks MrF needed a giggle
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 03:11:23 PM
supposing we did sign Rhodes, what would be a reasonable expectation for his progression to the first team?

he will not be thrown immediately into the fire, certainly. will he play with the dev squad and evaluated and then a decision made? would we loan him to a Champs side for the first half of the season and then re-evaluate? Curious to hear thoughts, since we don't often spend like this on lower league talent.

certainly not in the dev squad...

Thought we were calling our reserves "development squad" now. Are you saying that my understanding is incorrect? Or are you saying that Rhodes wouldn't be up to that level? Hopefully, we're not spending the kind of money being spoken about on a player who couldn't fit with our reserves.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

alexbishop

Dev squad is now u21s but you don't have to be u21 to play in it ironically.

Rhodes wouldn't play in that team unless it were to get his match fitness levels up. I imagine he would be used as an impact sub if we needed goals or in league cup games against smaller teams.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

theo

What a lot of people seem to fail to grasp is that half these people just put together agent and some random letters/numbers or Sportsnews_247/transferNewsITK, and get retweeted like crazy.

They tend to get pretty much everything wrong, but will luck out every now and then and it gets used as proof that they are the real deal.

It's pretty much like saying "My neighbours dog barked 5 times in the night, that's a sure fire sign that we will sign Rhodes for 5 million".

Mr Fulham

Quote from: alexbishop on August 20, 2012, 03:27:38 PM
Dev squad is now u21s but you don't have to be u21 to play in it ironically.

Rhodes wouldn't play in that team unless it were to get his match fitness levels up. I imagine he would be used as an impact sub if we needed goals or in league cup games against smaller teams.
That's about right IMHO

Apprentice to the Maestro

will Jordan play in the PL before Sparky departs???  :005:

Why would we pay several million, maybe £4-5m + add ons, for someone who is not ready to play for the first team? Yes, he will probably have games with the development squad but would I expect him to be on the bench very soon if not immediately.

FFC1987

Quote from: theo on August 20, 2012, 03:42:28 PM
What a lot of people seem to fail to grasp is that half these people just put together agent and some random letters/numbers or Sportsnews_247/transferNewsITK, and get retweeted like crazy.

They tend to get pretty much everything wrong, but will luck out every now and then and it gets used as proof that they are the real deal.

It's pretty much like saying "My neighbours dog barked 5 times in the night, that's a sure fire sign that we will sign Rhodes for 5 million".

Thats enough evidence for me, I'm getting rhodes printed on my shirt!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 03:07:23 PM
According to Agent_WTF Jordan Rhodes will sign for Manchester United and Clint Dempsey has agreed a new seven-year-deal with Fulham

Heard he's really reliable too.... good scoop Mr. F
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

alexbishop

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 20, 2012, 03:45:01 PM

Why would we pay several million, maybe £4-5m + add ons, for someone who is not ready to play for the first team? Yes, he will probably have games with the development squad but would I expect him to be on the bench very soon if not immediately.
Because if he fulfills his potential he could be a 15m pound striker in a couple of years time bagging us 20goals a season. It's a risk the club would take and if they pay 7m for him they obviously think the chances are pretty good he'll succeed.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 20, 2012, 03:45:01 PM

will Jordan play in the PL before Sparky departs???  :005:

The fact of the matter is that you never know until you put him on the field. He could fly or flop, but you give him the best opportunity possible to succeed and build confidence. He's making a huge leap.

Otherwise, exactly what Apprentice said.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LRCN

merging this with the other rhodes topic

topcat47

Hey, I'm a Huddersfield fan, came on here to see if there was any substantial evidence to the claims tweeted earlier today and i'm glad to see it probably isn't guna turn out true.
After the play off final our Chairman Dean Hoyle stated Rhodes to be worth at least £8mil to us and "not a penny less", when you factor that up with Rhodes being happy at the club and the fact we are lucky enough to be financially secure, then unless a stupid bid comes in he's staying. In other circumstances and i'd say he'd realistically go for 3-4mil. But you never can tell with football, ManU have payed 6mil for an 18yr old who's scored 16 goals in league two... no matter how good he could turn out, thats a big risk.
In term of playing in the Prem i think JR would do OK, he can score with both feet and his head, has fantastic movement and positioning (much improved over the last 2 years), and although he isn't the quickest he can move when he wants. With a midfield supplying the balls he should be good for 15-20/season.

Lighthouse

Hi Topcat and welcome. The Rhodes to Fulham and Blackburn and a few other places has been around for some time hasn't it and so we will get this until the end of the window. Would think he could do well here as the full burden of the side and indeed the press wouldn't fall on him here so much.

But if he does leave Huddersfield then Fulham will be a good place to try and prove himself in the Prem. We haven't a Rhodes type atm and so he would not be battling a player who is similar.

Good luck to him and Huddersfield whatever happens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: topcat47 on August 20, 2012, 04:34:52 PM
Hey, I'm a Huddersfield fan, came on here to see if there was any substantial evidence to the claims tweeted earlier today and i'm glad to see it probably isn't guna turn out true.
After the play off final our Chairman Dean Hoyle stated Rhodes to be worth at least £8mil to us and "not a penny less", when you factor that up with Rhodes being happy at the club and the fact we are lucky enough to be financially secure, then unless a stupid bid comes in he's staying. In other circumstances and i'd say he'd realistically go for 3-4mil. But you never can tell with football, ManU have payed 6mil for an 18yr old who's scored 16 goals in league two... no matter how good he could turn out, thats a big risk.
In term of playing in the Prem i think JR would do OK, he can score with both feet and his head, has fantastic movement and positioning (much improved over the last 2 years), and although he isn't the quickest he can move when he wants. With a midfield supplying the balls he should be good for 15-20/season.
hi tc. have only seen him play in the play off final, and to be honnest was very underwhelmed. did he have an off day, or was this par for the course?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

topcat47

Hey Ben, that game was pretty disgraceful in terms of attacking in all ways to be fair!
Shef Utd defended very well against him, and you'll find what Rhodes thrives off is delivery from the midfield/wide players, he can hold the ball up, but only for a certain amount of time and with no real help that game it wasn't his best appearance. Didn't help that Maguire had a great game at the back for Shef aswell.
As i said before though, so long as he has the supply he'll finish with the best of them.
We have a player called lee novak with us who links up very well when playing with rhodes, he plays into channels and creates the chances for rhodes to capitalise on, actually for me he could be up there with rhodes himself but unfortunately doesn't get the recognition, a very hard worker every match.

HatterDon

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 20, 2012, 09:08:46 AM
At that price I would prefer Chamakh who can hit the ground running and has a point to prove

Well, Chamakh IS proven. He has proven himself to be not nearly as good as nGog and slightly better than Eddie Johnson.

I'd much prefer to sign a striker who can score goals than one who has proven that he can't
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel