watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele situation

Started by jelmo, August 20, 2012, 10:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

I'm sure that we'll try to extend some contracts once the transfer window shuts and I'm equally sure that as the season ends we'll tie up deals for players who will be available without a fee as we have just done with Petric, Rodellega and Reither.

I think it would be a disaster if we got a major bid in for Dembele and ended up selling as the window closes because the player's head was turned and/or the money was too much to refuse. That's a bigger risk, I think, than Dembele giving us a good season and then leaving for nothing.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 21, 2012, 11:05:00 AM

I'm sure that we'll try to extend some contracts once the transfer window shuts and I'm equally sure that as the season ends we'll tie up deals for players who will be available without a fee as we have just done with Petric, Rodellega and Reither.

I think it would be a disaster if we got a major bid in for Dembele and ended up selling as the window closes because the player's head was turned and/or the money was too much to refuse. That's a bigger risk, I think, than Dembele giving us a good season and then leaving for nothing.
its only a risk if we dont replace him. and good frees are not always there to be had. personally i dont want to see us gamble long term future on one season.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jelmo

If he leaves on the last day of the window and we dont have a replacement that is the equal of Dembele then we would be the big losers here. Unfortunately it looks as though we cant bring in a replacement until we sell. Unfortunately getting this type of player in with such short notice would be a tough ask.

fulhamben

Quote from: jelmo on August 21, 2012, 11:27:04 AM
If he leaves on the last day of the window and we dont have a replacement that is the equal of Dembele then we would be the big losers here. Unfortunately it looks as though we cant bring in a replacement until we sell. Unfortunately getting this type of player in with such short notice would be a tough ask.
we are not ever going to get in a replacement as good as dembele. we have to make them in to good players

username

The club policy is to talk to the player during the last year of their contract. probably to enquire what they intend to do at the end of it. They then tell the player whether they want to keep him or not IE Danny Murphy Tell him they would like him to stay but would see him as a bit part player and because of this say that they will pay him less money.

In Clint's case he is 29 and see's this as his last big pay day. For a footballer he is in a difficult position because if he were to pick up an injury that could put him out of the game for a long period people are not always looking at 30 year olds. Clint would be looking for a 4 year deal somewhere but the chances of him being a prolific goal scorer for the next 4 years are slight.

I think the only way that Clint would be accepted by the supporters again would be to come clean and sign a new contract with us to see out his career. He could gain some assurances that the clubs aim was to continually grow etc. etc.

Clint has said that he wanted Champions League Football. Yes but there is no Champions League team in this country that wants him badly enough! So one way or another he needs to eat humble pie.

One thing about most of us Fulham supporters is that we are a forgiving lot in general

Rupert

I have read a comment on another board, claiming that there is a lot of panic over nothing right now. If the poster on there has it right, then Dembele has a year left on his contract, but Fulham have the option to extend it by another year, which means we do not have to sell him until next summer, assuming he wants to move on.

I personally have no idea if this is true or not.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

fulhamben

Quote from: Rupert on August 21, 2012, 11:45:47 AM
I have read a comment on another board, claiming that there is a lot of panic over nothing right now. If the poster on there has it right, then Dembele has a year left on his contract, but Fulham have the option to extend it by another year, which means we do not have to sell him until next summer, assuming he wants to move on.

I personally have no idea if this is true or not.
jol said he and demps can walk on frees next year so this is wrong

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC73 on August 21, 2012, 10:54:57 AM
FFC do not have to sell either of Dembele or Dempsey.  Both have one year left on their contracts and their 'book value' will be written down to zero over the term of their contract. 

Get full performance value from them over the agreed contract terms, part amicably, and both parties start anew.

There is no "have to sell" about it

I agree. I don't quite understand why everyone is so doom and gloom about D & D and over the moon about Diarra and Petric, since contracts for all four are through next summer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on August 21, 2012, 04:57:11 PM
FFC do not have to sell either of Dembele or Dempsey.  Both have one year left on their contracts and their 'book value' will be written down to zero over the term of their contract. 

Get full performance value from them over the agreed contract terms, part amicably, and both parties start anew.

I agree. I don't quite understand why everyone is so doom and gloom about D & D and over the moon about Diarra and Petric, since contracts for all four are through next summer.

I think there is a rather significant difference.

Diarra has a one year contract with an option for another year. If the club exercise that option, he has to stay. He is also 31 and back playing regularly for the first time in a few years, so I doubt he would demand to leave after one full season to try his luck again.

Petric is also 31 and his friendship with Martin Jol appears to be what brought him to Fulham. If he continues to play well, no doubt the club will look to extend his deal. Petric might not sign, but by this point he will be 32 we would be on the look out for an eventual replacement anyway.

Dembele is 24. He has the opportunity to leave to any club he chooses at the end of the season and a if it is a good one, he might join a CL club. He has always stated he wants to take things slowly and he probably views 3 years at Fulham as the perfect amount of time for this level. As far as we know there has been no progress getting him to sign an extention, meaning it is most likely he will leave.

Dempsey has asked to leave the club.

zzamora

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 21, 2012, 05:10:33 PM

Diarra has a one year contract with an option for another year. If the club exercise that option, he has to stay. He is also 31 and back playing regularly for the first time in a few years, so I doubt he would demand to leave after one full season to try his luck again.

Petric is also 31 and his friendship with Martin Jol appears to be what brought him to Fulham. If he continues to play well, no doubt the club will look to extend his deal. Petric might not sign, but by this point he will be 32 we would be on the look out for an eventual replacement anyway.

Dembele is 24. He has the opportunity to leave to any club he chooses at the end of the season and a if it is a good one, he might join a CL club. He has always stated he wants to take things slowly and he probably views 3 years at Fulham as the perfect amount of time for this level. As far as we know there has been no progress getting him to sign an extention, meaning it is most likely he will leave.

Petric has a 1 year + 1 deal.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ddeuce on August 21, 2012, 05:14:00 PM

Are you sure? The announcement of his signing on the club website only states a one year contract.

JBH

Quote from: jelmo on August 21, 2012, 11:27:04 AM

I don't think its the case that we can't bring anyone in to replace Dembele until we sell him, its more a case of we don't need to bring in a replacement while he is still hear and may not leave because that  would be a waste of money 065.gif

twang

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 21, 2012, 05:15:03 PM

Are you sure? The announcement of his signing on the club website only states a one year contract.

Was just about to post the same. I never read anything about a 1+1 year deal when he signed.

As far as I know, only the following players have one year options: Grygera (2013), Riether (well, an option to make the deal permanent any way), Frei (2016), Kaca (2015) and Ruiz (2016).

MasterHaynes

Quote from: fulhamben on August 21, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
FFC do not have to sell either of Dembele or Dempsey.  Both have one year left on their contracts and their 'book value' will be written down to zero over the term of their contract.  

so where does that leave us next year. could petentially lose petric diarra dembele dempsey baird hangeland hughes davies and duff all on frees. do you really think mo will cough up 50 million odd to replace them? dont be silly we will sell as it is in the clubs long term intrest to do so. yes we could force them to see out contracts but at what cost. one great season or sustain a decent level in top flight till riverside has been completed and then push on from there
I think you have had a few too many and are looking at the bottom of the glass too often. Apart from Dempsey, who we have shown we can survive without nearly everyone of the players you list will be re-signing should we offer a contract. Davies and Baird are good players to have in the squad but were not really part of the first team last season or likely to be this. Dembele has made a lot of positive noises and he even said when asked about wanting to play in the CL replied ;well I might get that playing here' Not saying he will stay but it will have to be a very good offer with assurances that he will be a starter.

Two of the players you are fretting about were signed on frees along with Rodellaga this summer showing we can also attract good players for nothing should we lose players on frees.

The year gives both of us the time to evaluate each other properly, it seems to me both Petric and Diarra look like they have settled in and really like being here and part of the team, with a reasonable season we will have no problem keeping both.

So only Dempsey lost ...thats assuming Liverpool cough up which is looking more unlikely with every new signing or Dempsey accepts the West Ham offer

itombomb

I have never wanted a player to stay at Fulham as much as I want Dembele. He could be the difference between us finishing 6/7th and 12/13th.

Terry Angus

Quote from: itombomb on August 21, 2012, 10:53:33 PM
I have never wanted a player to stay at Fulham as much as I want Dembele. He could be the difference between us finishing 6/7th and 12/13th.

same here. if he signs a new deal it will, i think, be our best signing ever!

....maybe second to VDS actually

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Arsenal have the money and Moussa is an Arsen  type player.................................Fergy hasn't got  £20M
Fulham have said they do not want and do not have t sell him,  but if we got  £15 -  £20M  it would not be so bad ??
However,  I believe we are more likely to loose Frei or Kaka

zzamora

Quote from: twang on August 21, 2012, 05:22:12 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 21, 2012, 05:15:03 PM

Was just about to post the same. I never read anything about a 1+1 year deal when he signed.

As far as I know, only the following players have one year options: Grygera (2013), Riether (well, an option to make the deal permanent any way), Frei (2016), Kaca (2015) and Ruiz (2016).

Oh. I've always thought it was a 1+1

NogoodBoyo

I don't see Frei of Kaka going yet, but this is football, so anything could happen.  But, Mousa is vulnerable.  In his prime and supremely talented, he would be a gift to any team.  He's a game changer - somebody will be prepared to pay handsomely for that.  It's just a question of when!
I just hope he doesn't go this year.  That would be too disruptive for our fine team.
Nogood "living in the land of hope and glory, isit" Boyo

Bassey the warrior

I'm fairly confident Dembele will stay. Not heard much recently.