watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why are some of you on here so snide about the Dempsey situation

Started by mccscratch, August 22, 2012, 04:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

An investment banker once told me:  "No matter how much money they have, it's never enough because somebody always has more."
Nopgood "wise insight into human nature, itis" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

And how come I always get to start the new page?
Nogood "top o' page, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 22, 2012, 11:36:36 PM

Because your posts are so good they need top billing!

Lighthouse

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 22, 2012, 11:36:36 PM

I thought it was because it is easier to scroll through the top ones until you get to the clever, insightful ones.

Or maybe not.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

NogoodBoyo

I like those answers.  Clever they are - especially Ridge's.
Nogood "flattery is the sincerest form of.....something, isit" Boyo

Ag

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 22, 2012, 11:08:23 PM
Quote from: dtowndough on August 22, 2012, 11:03:18 PM

finally, footballers are paid more money than most of these guys could actually spend. if i was getting paid £50k a week to play football in front of 30,000 people singing my name, i wouldn't be thinking of changing jobs!!

You would be thinking of changing jobs if that 50K turned into 100K and if that 30,000 was 75,000.  well, i know i would.

no, i honestly wouldn't mate, and that's the point! have we all become such vacuous, mammon-worshipping scumbags that even if we were multi-millionaires, we'd compromise decency, loyalty and the like for more filthy lucre?!?! i think and hope not, but maybe i'm wrong.

Just curious, do we only apply this standard to players who leave Fulham, or is it applicable to guys like Hangeland, Ruiz and Dembele when they come to play for us?  They all left good clubs in their respective leagues that had a better shot at silverware, as well as Europa & Champs Lg football, than Fulham traditionally have.  Yet none of our supporters seem to take any issue with that.

The problem is where we draw that line between ambition and greed.  While we know where you apparantly would draw it (which coincidently caps out at a level that our club can afford), that line is going to differ for pretty much everyone.  Most players will set that line at the max level their talent (in their opinion) will allow.

mccscratch

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 22, 2012, 10:58:04 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on August 22, 2012, 04:01:49 AM
that you would say something as ridiculous as Dempsey accepting an offer from West Ham? I have seen it from several posters and I keep thinking... surely you are not that ignorant?
If Clint and the club do not get an offer from a top 6 side or another CL caliber team from the Continent... he is not taking the move and will see out his contract...

Clint has been very clear about his desire to play at the highest levels of the game to fulfill his personal goals and never has mentioned anything about his weekly wages... EVER... West Ham could only potentially offer higher wages and nothing more... there is not a chance in HADES that he would go there so please stop with the baiting snotty comments about it...(each of you know who you are)

Hahaha cos it is outright wrong to suggest Clint is in any way in the wrong! Haha Dempsey fanboy Alert!!!!!

First off... before you and your unripened post count come over to this forum and start doling out the term "fan boy"... you better check yourself...

Secondly, if Clint is actually sitting out to force a move... he is in the wrong 100%, it is unprofessional to the max but as we all know Martin backtracked and distanced himself from Ms Sarah's comments from last Friday after the match on Saturday.  

Lastly, my comment from the very beginning since I am indeed the OP was referring to people having the jilted lover syndrome and snidely saying that Clint would go to West Ham which anyone who has followed him over the past years knows is not what he is about... money is not Clint's incentive and never has been... he has been very clear that he has dreams and goals to play at the highest level of the game, not for a higher wage packet down the road at a club far less capable than the one he is currently at...

Back to that jilted lover syndrome.... it is almost sickening how bad some of you have it... it really is okay to admit that Clint was a gigantic part of bringing this club from being yearly relegation fodder to a strong and respected club hovering probably somewhere around the top 30 clubs in Europe right now... Just because he pissed you off at the moment it does not mean you need to denigrate his worth to us all.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Jack Fulham

Didn't Martin just say its a difficult situation because Clint doesn't want to get injured as it may ruin a move. Is that distancing or a nice way to say he doesn't want to play.

mccscratch

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 23, 2012, 02:33:16 AM
Didn't Martin just say its a difficult situation because Clint doesn't want to get injured as it may ruin a move. Is that distancing or a nice way to say he doesn't want to play.

Jack Fulham... again the thread was not about whether Clint is wrong or right (I am of the feeling that he and his agent are going about this wrong way).. it is about the snide comments regarding him going to a place like West Ham... there is no chance of this and people are only saying it because they feel betrayed... they all know there is no chance of this happening.  Jilted lovers... Hot ass GF and you show her off to all your mates but the moment she moves on with someone else... she instantly becomes not nearly as hot out of spite...

Jack Fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on August 23, 2012, 02:47:04 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 23, 2012, 02:33:16 AM

Jack Fulham... again the thread was not about whether Clint is wrong or right (I am of the feeling that he and his agent are going about this wrong way).. it is about the snide comments regarding him going to a place like West Ham... there is no chance of this and people are only saying it because they feel betrayed... they all know there is no chance of this happening.  Jilted lovers... Hot ass GF and you show her off to all your mates but the moment she moves on with someone else... she instantly becomes not nearly as hot out of spite...

We will see where he goes, you can't guarantee anything in football.

NogoodBoyo

Mccs - for gawds sake, give it a rest with your snide comments about snide comments.  Can I say (and you will no doubt say, "no you can't you snide basstard", you're getting so hot under the collar about this and it's not really worth it. 
It's just not that important.  The club's been around for years.  There's a squad that may have to do or perhaps can do without Dempsey.  It will survive.  It may even thrive.
It's time to go berserk and stop arguing rings around our own a----holes.  It's time to stop living vicariously through other people's heroes and/or other people's villains.
Please just stop going on and on and on..........

Nogood "I don't think I've ever been this forward on this board, but something has to give, isit" Boyo

mccscratch

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 23, 2012, 03:16:03 AM
Mccs - for gawds sake, give it a rest with your snide comments about snide comments.  Can I say (and you will no doubt say, "no you can't you snide basstard", you're getting so hot under the collar about this and it's not really worth it. 
It's just not that important.  The club's been around for years.  There's a squad that may have to do or perhaps can do without Dempsey.  It will survive.  It may even thrive.
It's time to go berserk and stop arguing rings around our own a----holes.  It's time to stop living vicariously through other people's heroes and/or other people's villains.

Nogood "I don't think I've ever been this forward on this board, but something has to give, isit" Boyo

Nogood.. Frankly, I was brought back into the conversation by a punk wind up artist who called me a Dempsey fan boy which is just the type of jackassery I expected to ensue once the offal forum was closed...

Everyone is absolutely entitled to an opinion but saying things (like Clint was never that great and can piss off to Spam) just to get a rise out of others is just crap that has no place here...

HatterDon

Quote from: Ag on August 23, 2012, 01:36:48 AM
Quote from: dtowndough on August 22, 2012, 11:03:18 PM

finally, footballers are paid more money than most of these guys could actually spend. if i was getting paid £50k a week to play football in front of 30,000 people singing my name, i wouldn't be thinking of changing jobs!!

You would be thinking of changing jobs if that 50K turned into 100K and if that 30,000 was 75,000.  well, i know i would.

no, i honestly wouldn't mate, and that's the point! have we all become such vacuous, mammon-worshipping scumbags that even if we were multi-millionaires, we'd compromise decency, loyalty and the like for more filthy lucre?!?! i think and hope not, but maybe i'm wrong.

Just curious, do we only apply this standard to players who leave Fulham, or is it applicable to guys like Hangeland, Ruiz and Dembele when they come to play for us?  They all left good clubs in their respective leagues that had a better shot at silverware, as well as Europa & Champs Lg football, than Fulham traditionally have.  Yet none of our supporters seem to take any issue with that.

The problem is where we draw that line between ambition and greed.  While we know where you apparantly would draw it (which coincidently caps out at a level that our club can afford), that line is going to differ for pretty much everyone.  Most players will set that line at the max level their talent (in their opinion) will allow.

it stuns me how much good sense, quality analysis, and just plain erudition folks in South Texas have. Well said, Mr. Ag. But you'll never be famous unless you berate other posters or say the same thing over and over in thread after thread.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Crita

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 23, 2012, 03:16:03 AM

:plus one:

Well said, Boyo.

RidgeRider

Ok folks this one is going the same way as the last one we locked. Let's some of you agree to disagree with some others and move on.  082.gif