News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - For all you New York Yankees haters... :-)

Started by finnster01, November 25, 2011, 03:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I have just purchased a small package consisting of 2 season tix for Mr and Missus Finnster (which obviously doesn't mean 81 home games, but 9 games spread across the year).

My package consists of all midweek games (no weekends), and I couldn't pick the games (i.e. no Boston Red Sox games, but 5 division games + Rangers , Twins, Indians and Royals). It is also all the way up top in the stadium but in the new Yankee stadium there's hardly a bad seat. (Up high between homeplate and first base, closer to homeplate)

Anyway, it only cost me 90 bucks per person (10 bucks a game). I thought that was surprisingly cheap actually for the Yankees.  Curious how that compares to other teams?

Not that I intend to, but I could easily scalp those tickets and make quite a few bobs.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

I hate the Yankees but did make it to their yard back in the mid 90's. $10 a ticket is CHEAP! You scored Finn. Course you couldn't pay me to go back and watch that soulless bunch of over paid Hessians.  :dft012:

Drake44444

Very cheap.  But I was surprised at how cheap playoff tickets were this year.  I went to Tigers game 2 while in NYC for $40.

finnster01

Quote from: Drake44444 on November 28, 2011, 10:07:16 AM
Very cheap.  But I was surprised at how cheap playoff tickets were this year.  I went to Tigers game 2 while in NYC for $40.

Now THAT is very cheap!! Never heard of any Yankee playoff tickets for $40. Maybe I can get a shout at those after buying one of the ST packages?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Drake44444

Quote from: finnster01 on November 28, 2011, 11:45:56 AM
Quote from: Drake44444 on November 28, 2011, 10:07:16 AM
Very cheap.  But I was surprised at how cheap playoff tickets were this year.  I went to Tigers game 2 while in NYC for $40.

Now THAT is very cheap!! Never heard of any Yankee playoff tickets for $40. Maybe I can get a shout at those after buying one of the ST packages?

Yeah you probably get a priority, assuming they make it :P

SoCalJoe

Good purchase even though I am a 'hater'. However, I'll never bust someone's cajones for supporting their local team, it's the people that have never been east of Las Vegas but root for the Yankees that I make fun of. Besides, what were you supposed to do? become a Mets fan?   :005:   

I go to 6-10 Angel games a year and will pay different prices depending on matchup and mood. Last season because of the economy you could get a ticket for the worst seat in the house (and move to SRO at the beer patio) for as little as $4 on StubHub. Usually looking to spend avout 15 bucks a pop, but at least once a season will shell out money on really good seats for the wife & daughter.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

AmericanJames

Quote from: SoCalJoe on November 29, 2011, 06:50:55 PM
Good purchase even though I am a 'hater'. However, I'll never bust someone's cajones for supporting their local team, it's the people that have never been east of Las Vegas but root for the Yankees that I make fun of. Besides, what were you supposed to do? become a Mets fan?   :005:   

I go to 6-10 Angel games a year and will pay different prices depending on matchup and mood. Last season because of the economy you could get a ticket for the worst seat in the house (and move to SRO at the beer patio) for as little as $4 on StubHub. Usually looking to spend avout 15 bucks a pop, but at least once a season will shell out money on really good seats for the wife & daughter.

StubHub is great for finding tickets, I picked up a set of $65 piece tickets for the Tigers over the summer for $17 a pop
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

SoCalJoe

While there are still a few games left in the regular season, season ticket holders have already bought seats for potential playoff games. Mr. Finn would surely have gotten them and revved up the Yankee talk, which is like fingernails on a chalkboard for most of us...Man, do I miss seeing his posts. 9739.gif
You can observe a lot by just watching.

Steve_orino

Still hate the yankees  9739.gif

Go Rangers!  yee-haw!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Quote from: Steve_orino on September 26, 2012, 04:25:50 PM
Still hate the yankees  9739.gif

Go Rangers!  yee-haw!

Looking forward to knocking both teams out of the playoffs
Some people are literally too stupid to insult