watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Petric

Started by MrFFC, September 08, 2012, 09:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Will he find game time hard to come by if Jol insists on the 4-2-3-1 Berbatov will be the loan striker the only place I can see him starting is in the number 10 role if Ruiz keeps picking up injuries ...
Come on you Whites!! :)

Zu-Meister

thats exactly where i see him best, in the number 10 role. hes got the class. and is better at staying on his feet than ruiz, and not afraid to head the ball. i would like to see him given a go there if ruiz still isnt fit for west brom.

Rupert

I thought I had read some quotes from Jol about changing the system now that Dembele had gone, in effect he was building the team around the best players, rather than make the best players slot into a system they might not be best suited to.

It was where Cookie went wrong. He hit upon the perfect formation (whether by design or accident) where the team made chances for Saha, who happily stuck them away and sent us soaring into fourth place, then when Saha was sold he tried fitting the likes of Barry Hales into the Saha role, which was not the best use of Harry's talents and we dropped to ninth.

I hope Jol does not make the same error.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

David_Keating

I dont mind where Petric plays as long as he plays...am starting to be wary of Ruiz, injured end of last season, long summer off, third PL game in he's missing again.

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: MrFFC on September 08, 2012, 09:24:17 AM
Will he find game time hard to come by if Jol insists on the 4-2-3-1 Berbatov will be the loan striker the only place I can see him starting is in the number 10 role if Ruiz keeps picking up injuries ...

Berbatov will be  the...what? :58:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

MrFFC

Loan striker with Ruiz supporting him but I rate Petric I hope he gets game time
Come on you Whites!! :)

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: MrFFC on September 08, 2012, 01:11:05 PM
Loan striker with Ruiz supporting him but I rate Petric I hope he gets game time

I hope you don't refer to Berba being on loan...more likely {lone striker}.
In my opinion Petric is an option as Berba never played lone striker under Jol...:)
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Azeedo

Well It seems that Ruiz is still injure.  He is not going to play the qualifying game for Costa Rica on Tuesday and he's expected to arrive in London today to be examine by the Fulham Medical team.  I would love to see Petric behind  Brebatov.

Riverside

I see Berbatov as a great 10 ( this is why I struggle to see him and Ruiz in the same team in the current formation )and Petric as the loan striker being substituted by Rodellega for fresh legs in the last 20 mins .

Fulham Far East

I dont think lone striker is the best use of Petric and Berba, we'll have to wait and see, but I have a feeling that Jol will change the system to 4-4-2 with Berba and Petric. Ruiz if fit will be filling in the hole left by Dempsey

leonffc

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 08, 2012, 01:53:59 PM
Quote from: MrFFC on September 08, 2012, 01:11:05 PM

I hope you don't refer to Berba being on loan...more likely {lone striker}.
In my opinion Petric is an option as Berba never played lone striker under Jol...:)

A lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 is nothing like the lone striker in a 4-5-1 where he has to chase around and work with no thanks. The '3' should always be around to support him with the 'No.10' playing as a shadow striker that follows the 'No.9' around.

cebu

I don't think Jol intends to have a fixed setup like Roy did. I believe he'll "pick and mix" among the forward players from match to match, which will make it more difficult for our opponents to figure us out in advance.

Having said that, I feel that Berba and Ruiz are pretty much nailed on starters when fit - Berba because he's our current prize asset, Ruiz because Jol persuaded Mac to part company with a lot of MAF's money and he'll expect the player to be selected most of the time.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: cebu on September 11, 2012, 12:19:29 PM
I don't think Jol intends to have a fixed setup like Roy did. I believe he'll "pick and mix" among the forward players from match to match, which will make it more difficult for our opponents to figure us out in advance.

Having said that, I feel that Berba and Ruiz are pretty much nailed on starters when fit - Berba because he's our current prize asset, Ruiz because Jol persuaded Mac to part company with a lot of MAF's money and he'll expect the player to be selected most of the time.

Ruiz will play because he is our most creative player.

cebu

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 11, 2012, 12:30:52 PM
Quote from: cebu on September 11, 2012, 12:19:29 PM

Ruiz will play because he is our most creative player.

I agree with you about Ruiz being our most creative player, but there will be financial pressure on Jol to keep playing him, even he's a bit off form.

CH FFC

I really think that Berba could slip back and have petric up top.  Berba is a slow player, but really creative and loads of skill.  He definitely has a good eye, and has set up strikers his entire career.
IMO I would love to see a Petric and Berba starting every game they were fit.  I think between Ruiz, Duff, Dejagah, Kaca, Frei, and Mesca we could change the formation to fit the players strengths.  If Ruiz is fit, he will play...not sure if it is pressure or Jol's belief that he can be massive.  IMO Ruiz has a bit of a confidence issue.
So now that leaves the other 4 attack minded players to fill in the gaps on the sides of Ruis and Berbatov.  Then of course you still need Diarra and I am guessing the Goun-s  will be in there as well.  With Sidwell, Baird, Richardson, and possibly Rither filling in.

Schwanz
Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise
Diarra
Goun-s/Richardson
Dej/Duff    Ruiz/Berba  Kaca/Ruiz/Frei
Petric/Berba/Rodallega

The thing is, depending on who is playing, it will probably change the entire formation.

As I said though, I would like to see Petric and Berba starting if fit.  Then Ruiz, Diarra and the defence being usual starters.  The rest of the players coming in will change the formation to fit how the players excel. 

Kind of sticky situation.....have a lot of players that I would like to see play, and I guess it all comes down to who is having the best week of training.