watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reported: Dembele off to Spuds/Moussa and the meaning of Sport...merged

Started by supersimmo123, August 28, 2012, 07:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryP

Que sera, sera.  Goodbye, good luck, thank you for the quality football you provided for my enjoyment and for the profit you generated for the club.  Now, who's next to step up? Come Saturday afternoons someone has to lace up the boots, pull on the Fulham shirt and step into central midfield and sieze an opportunity. 
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

elgreenio

Sad sad day for us. Obviously don't want to delve too much until the window is shut but...

It's not even the fact that it's only 15M and it's to Spurs who I don't think will make the champions league again anytime soon, but the real depressing feeling is never getting to see him strut his stuff in a Fulham shirt again. You can't help but be completely and totally in awe at just how good he is.

Hopefully in time everybody will just appreciate what a good player we've been lucky to have for just over 2 years, though somewhat unfortunately only 8 months of that in a real central midfield position.

Step forward, Bryan Ruiz, take the stage son.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

JBH

How about this theory?

Real Madrid are rumoured to be interested in Dembele.

Real Madrid sign Modric from Spuds and announce somekind of future collaboration between the 2 clubs.

Spurs put in a bid to activate Dembeles release clause

WHAT NEXT DEMBELE JOINS MARDID NEXT SUMMER???????????

Whatever the reason he is going and thats it. Still the last 2 players that made the trip from the Cottage to the Lane both screwed up their careers so I hope he knows what he is doing.

WestCountryWhite

As we haven't managed to negotiate a deal since the window opened on 1st July I'm sorry but I can't see us replacing demps and dembele with anything more then rushed panic/temporary replacements. Who leaves their two best players to go less then 3 days before the window closes?

I can see Jol's toys going out of the pram over this. Yes I know dembele has a release cause but a team going somewhere doesn't sell their best players. We are turning in to a mid table arsenal

I do hope I am very wrong but this is the biggest three days of transfer activity in our time in the prem

JBH

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on August 29, 2012, 06:27:42 AM
As we haven't managed to negotiate a deal since the window opened on 1st July I'm sorry but I can't see us replacing demps and dembele with anything more then rushed panic/temporary replacements. Who leaves their two best players to go less then 3 days before the window closes?

I can see Jol's toys going out of the pram over this. Yes I know dembele has a release cause but a team going somewhere doesn't sell their best players. We are turning in to a mid table arsenal

I do hope I am very wrong but this is the biggest three days of transfer activity in our time in the prem

You have contadicticted yourself, if someone activates a realese clause then the club has no option but to let him speak to the other club, in the end it is down to the player and his agent and not in this case Fulham.

As for the Dempsey problem, it is down to him because he believed his Agent.

Yes the club should have put them on new contracts last year (however they may have tried and the players in question didn't want to extend) but unfortunately these 2 are in their last 12 months and hold all of the cards.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 06:39:12 AM

You have contadicticted yourself, if someone activates a realese clause then the club has no option but to let him speak to the other club, in the end it is down to the player and his agent and not in this case Fulham.

Yes the club should have put them on new contracts last year (however they may have tried and the players in question didn't want to extend) but unfortunately these 2 are in their last 12 months and hold all of the cards.

That's not contradicting I am acknowlodging the release clause just merely pointing out that we are stupid for letting it get to this. We never seem to get contracts sorted regardless of what the players want it doesn't seem to happen to other teams.

Let's look at Pog for example that safety first approach of 6 month loan deal to see of he can cut it only to find we had put him in the shop window and can't afford to keep him. Do we learn... 12 month contract for Petric.

The fans deserves answers I agree with the previous topic a club statement with the truth is a must

west kowloon white

Jols comment last week regarding the transfer window closing after the start of the season tells me that(a)he saw this coming and(b)we can't expect an exciting replacement this week.
Hope I am wrong...and he does have a good record in the transfer market.
Also whether there was a 15m release clause in his contract or not,this does not fix his fee-please god they did not let him go for Sky's 10m-doubt that figure however.
A sad day-lets hope we can move on and the money is not earmarked for new stand as previously-good luck at WHL moose-you may need it..AVB and all...

JBH

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on August 29, 2012, 06:50:29 AM
Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 06:39:12 AM

That's not contradicting I am acknowlodging the release clause just merely pointing out that we are stupid for letting it get to this. We never seem to get contracts sorted regardless of what the players want it doesn't seem to happen to other teams.

Let's look at Pog for example that safety first approach of 6 month loan deal to see of he can cut it only to find we had put him in the shop window and can't afford to keep him. Do we learn... 12 month contract for Petric.

The fans deserves answers I agree with the previous topic a club statement with the truth is a must

The truth is Dembele had a release clause it has been activated he is leaving.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on August 28, 2012, 11:56:04 PM
We wont get teh 15 mil to spend.....more like 10 or 8 knowing us! Saha, Smalling come to mind..

Saha paid for the Cottage refurb, Smalling probably paid for Moussa.
Did Moussa want to go to Spurts ??  probably not, looks like he was sold
God,  why Spurts  ??!!!!

WestCountryWhite

The truth is we turned him in to the best ball carrying midfielder in the league and left ourselves in the situation where he can leave with less then three days to find a suitable replacement for less then half maybe even if reported correctly a third of the modric fee.

Yes you can't force a player to sign a new contract but why put ourselves in this position

JBH

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on August 29, 2012, 07:28:48 AM
The truth is we turned him in to the best ball carrying midfielder in the league and left ourselves in the situation where he can leave with less then three days to find a suitable replacement for less then half maybe even if reported correctly a third of the modric fee.

Yes you can't force a player to sign a new contract but why put ourselves in this position

Because all contracts eventually come to an end and if the player doesn't want to extend then there is nothing the club can do about it.

White Noise

JBH

£23 MIL!! he's not worth that so if true we have Mugged Spurs  082.gif

alexbishop

Don't know where they got that figure but it hasn't been reported anywhere else.

£23m would be more in line with his true value and still think he'll be worth more in the future.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

cottage cheese

no way have spurs paid £23 mil.

Daily mail reports £15mil and the sun has £10-13mil with add ons

craig10

Whatever it was we got for him I hope jol gets a nice chunk to spend

craig10

I would have asked spurs to throw in Lennon, Defoe or Dos Santos to sweeten the deal

Steven Ageroad

Which Mousa Dembele have we sold to Spurs, Fulham have 2 on their books?!!