watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gomis?

Started by Andy_M, August 29, 2012, 12:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_M

I know all the talk on here is about Dembele and that was to be expected but has anyone else seen this story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2194945/Fulham-bid-Bafetimbi-Gomis.html

£6.5 mil for Gomis, a player Newcastle and AC Milan have both been linked with.

Thoughts?
@got_maile

cottage cheese

daily mail news. Not true nor accurate. One of the worst out there for news and transfer talk.

Dont mean to be rude, but stay clear of daily mail!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 29, 2012, 12:09:36 PM
daily mail news. Not true nor accurate. One of the worst out there for news and transfer talk.

Apart from the fact that Aulas, the Lyon Chairman said that he had received bids from the premier league, including from Fulham

cottage cheese

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2012, 12:14:37 PM

Apart from the fact that Aulas, the Lyon Chairman said that he had received bids from the premier league, including from Fulham

lol i just saw daily mail and thought thats a no no

Andy_M

Does anyone know much about Gomis? Can't say I do myself. Wondered what peoples opinions of him are and if he is worth £6.5 mil?
@got_maile

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2012, 12:14:37 PM

He did not say this.

SKSW6

Quote from: Andy_M on August 29, 2012, 12:41:46 PM
Does anyone know much about Gomis? Can't say I do myself. Wondered what peoples opinions of him are and if he is worth £6.5 mil?

"I would be worried if I was a Fulham fan. Spends the majority of games getting caught offside (managed it 7 times against Evian last`weekend), occasionally brilliant but usually poor finisher. First touch isn't great, pass selection is poor and it's a bit late at 27 to try and change all those things. Not a patch on the forwards that Lyon have had in the past. " - from the bottom of that article.

Andy_M

SKSW6 I tend not to read the comments left on the bottom of newspaper stories etc. as they are usually idiotic but thanks for pointing this one out.
@got_maile

FulhamMic

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 29, 2012, 12:45:38 PM
but usually poor finisher.

Averaged 1 in 3 consistently throughout his career, so can't be that bad a finisher!

hopper

he's a decent player, and could potentially come here given that Aulas has mentioned they are talking to English clubs about Gomis.

Lyon massively overspent and have a complete fire sale meaning a lot of their players are going for a lot less than what Lyon paid for them. Bastos is a really great player, but looks like he is going to UAE - that would be a player to get really excited about, but probably out of our wage bracket.

I have supported Lyon as a kind of pet team over the last 5 years or so and know most of their players pretty well, and I think Gomis would be a really good addition. He does miss the odd chance yes, but he creates so many chances and has a really good goal scoring record. He really uses his strength well and is a nightmare for defenders, and occasionally is capable of the sublime, he would give us a great physical option up front which we have lacked since Bobby has been gone, and he is a real goal scorer as well. Would be fantastic signing all in all, people talk about his missed chances - but so many strikers would never have given themselves a chance of the opportunities that he has made to miss, and therefore are missing the wider perspective.

Lets hope!

cottage cheese

to be fair its not like zamora or aj hit the target! So Il give him a chance