more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu

Started by FFC1987, August 29, 2012, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottagecornerreject

Quote from: Sector9 on August 29, 2012, 03:16:05 PM
I think it is quite clear what Etuhu is getting at.

Hm.

I have to admit sometimes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, perhaps...

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 03:54:24 PM
Dickson Etuhu - No class on the pitch no class off it that is why he is plying his trade in the championship.

He's contributed 20x more to this club than the beloved Steve Sidwell. The man is gone. Crap on somebody else for a change.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ffcfulham

there is more to the dempsey thing

wait until he is gone to reveal his story there is something there

i am 200% sure regarding dempseys contract this time last year thats all im saying for now. dont be too harsh on clint
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

Burt

Jol is the gaffer. The players either need to fit in or go somewhere else. They do not rule the roost.

WayneKerrins

I sat next to a FFC old boy on a flight to a Europa cup game last season. He played with Lew and with Lew now gone can share what he said. 'Jol has fallen out with most of the staff and most of the senior players'. Shortly afterwards Mcinlay was promoted. Ok Bz was a noisome individual but Murphy, AJ, Etuhu, Dempsey...Hanger land won't commit and Dembele coulnt be convinced to stay for another 6m or a year. I accept a couple of those are a stretch..but too much smoke in my view.

cottagecornerreject

Quote from: Burt on August 29, 2012, 08:56:00 PM
Jol is the gaffer. The players either need to fit in or go somewhere else. They do not rule the roost.

My worry is if it isn't broke why fix it? It smacks of ego that JOL can't stand success at the club with someone elses' players. His ego states it has to be all him. It's not like he took over a club in dire straits in need of radical change. The thing is if Jol blows it all up and fails he'll just move on but where will we be? Scary thought.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: WayneKerrins on August 29, 2012, 09:00:10 PM
I sat next to a FFC old boy on a flight to a Europa cup game last season. He played with Lew and with Lew now gone can share what he said. 'Jol has fallen out with most of the staff and most of the senior players'. Shortly afterwards Mcinlay was promoted. Ok Bz was a noisome individual but Murphy, AJ, Etuhu, Dempsey...Hanger land won't commit and Dembele coulnt be convinced to stay for another 6m or a year. I accept a couple of those are a stretch..but too much smoke in my view.
So what, though? Isn't it time we went from friendly 'ol Fulham and up'd the odds a bit to push on? Most say they want us to be competitive and go to the next level and yet we appear to be scared of change? (I do count myself here). Do you think Arsene, Alex etc are friends with their staff/players. Do we think maybe that's been a problem here - too friendly? Maybe it's time to forget the nice easy going bit, become a real business concern and possibly reap the rewards? MAF has an agenda and chosen Jol to carry this out or lose his job. If Jol takes this seriously he will not concern himself with egos and friendship. He will, if needs be, be a MANAGER and do what is required to get the results, even if this rocks our happy little boat! - just a thought.

bigalffc

It is not the first time that jol's man management techniques have been questioned it can't be coincidence- there is a problem that could ruin our club.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

God The Mechanic

The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

Aldo

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

Which could be precisely why he has upset the "senior" players!

Steve_orino

Quote from: Aldo on August 29, 2012, 10:12:54 PM

Which could be precisely why he has upset the "senior" players!

Ding, Ding, Ding - We've got a winner, tell him what he's won  :medal:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Oakeshott

"You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long"

If the rumours are to be believed, Jol's buying an idle 31 year old. Should go nicely with the idle 27 year old he picked up the other day.

epsomraver

95? he would have to dig them up to upset them!

hn4fulham

Quote from: cottagecornerreject on August 29, 2012, 09:44:45 PM

My worry is if it isn't broke why fix it? It smacks of ego that JOL can't stand success at the club with someone elses' players. His ego states it has to be all him. It's not like he took over a club in dire straits in need of radical change. The thing is if Jol blows it all up and fails he'll just move on but where will we be? Scary thought.

I totally agree with your views. We're definitely changing under Jol but I'm not sure it's a good change and could be a mess for someone else to clean up.

Sensible management would go for a transitional period of key stable players keeping our continued progress in the league while infusing more and more young blood into the team. I would be fine with us changing for the better but as it looks right now, it might be a rough season.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2012, 10:31:15 PM
95? he would have to dig them up to upset them!

Depending on who you listen to he's still digging!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: hn4fulham on August 29, 2012, 10:36:34 PM
Quote from: cottagecornerreject on August 29, 2012, 09:44:45 PM

I totally agree with your views. We're definitely changing under Jol but I'm not sure it's a good change and could be a mess for someone else to clean up.

Sensible management would go for a transitional period of key stable players keeping our continued progress in the league while infusing more and more young blood into the team. I would be fine with us changing for the better but as it looks right now, it might be a rough season.

Maybe he wanted to go down the "sensible management" route but with the key contracts being up when they are combined with Zamora being Zamora meant it was sped up quite dramatically.
Murphy wanted more games than he could be promised.
Etuhu wasn't worth any potential hassle imo.
Johnson was...
Dembele always said he was ambitious.
Dempsey... who knows.

Things don't always go as planned.

hn4fulham

Quote from: bigalffc on August 29, 2012, 10:07:18 PM
It is not the first time that jol's man management techniques have been questioned it can't be coincidence- there is a problem that could ruin our club.

Agree on this point. It almost seems like his management style is Jol first and team second.

Mike

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 29, 2012, 03:06:50 PM
Have a field day with this:-

Dickson Etuhu‏@DicksonEtuhu

Ask yourself? Why is everyone leaving or want to leave??? Hhmm

And look at who is joining and wants to join

:scarf:
1879 a good year for football

cottagecornerreject

The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

There is also making changes and throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Fans dont like change. We needed to change, our squad was old. We all laugh at what QPR are buying (the old players etc.) but we had a squad full of them. Murphy, Etuhu, Zamora, AJ, Dempsey, Pog....how old were they? Youngest being 28 Pog?

I've accepted we are a selling club, we will buy players and sell on for a good fee. We laughed that QPR gave us £5mil for Bobby, because hes not worth it. If we sign Gomis for instance and he has 2 good years with us we could move him on for 10-15mil as we have done with Dembele. If we arent going to win things we can only earn so much through league positions, selling players is what will lower our debt and make us self sustain. Dembele gave us a 10mil profit Dempsey leaving for the fee we want (7-10mil) would give us a profit aswell. Frei and Kacaklinic? will also move on at some point and give us a profit.

Jol is definitely investing in our future and not on an ego trip. Hes been asked to lower the age of our squad and hes doing that. That means by selling on our assets for top prices while brining our own through.

Clearly the Dembele sale has made a few people doubt our management.....Jols been perfect from day 1! Under Hodgson, Hughes we was never going to see the likes of Trotta, Mesca, Frei, Kaca, Vigen etc. I know this because my friends brother was in the academy when Hodgson was here and all the academy used to say he had no interest in the youth, hence signing experienced players. At least now we are signing top youth players. Vigen, Mesca, and the new American Hydman? are all set to have bright futures, Trotta looks very good aswell.

For once i have this feeling that Fulham are trying to do something, yes the Dembele sale has set us back abit but we seem to have a strategy that we are going by and Jol is most certainly the man to bring this project to fruition! Whilst we laugh at QPR spending silly on old boys with no resale lets look at our club and be proud we are trying to become a young side with a top academy to bring through our own boys! If we conclude the rumoured deals, i will be so optimistic for the future. A top manager, new stand, exciting players, exciting youth coming through....where are the negatives??