more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dickson Etuhu

Started by FFC1987, August 29, 2012, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hn4fulham

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on August 30, 2012, 12:06:00 AM
Fans dont like change. We needed to change, our squad was old. We all laugh at what QPR are buying (the old players etc.) but we had a squad full of them. Murphy, Etuhu, Zamora, AJ, Dempsey, Pog....how old were they? Youngest being 28 Pog?

I've accepted we are a selling club, we will buy players and sell on for a good fee. We laughed that QPR gave us £5mil for Bobby, because hes not worth it. If we sign Gomis for instance and he has 2 good years with us we could move him on for 10-15mil as we have done with Dembele. If we arent going to win things we can only earn so much through league positions, selling players is what will lower our debt and make us self sustain. Dembele gave us a 10mil profit Dempsey leaving for the fee we want (7-10mil) would give us a profit aswell. Frei and Kacaklinic? will also move on at some point and give us a profit.

Jol is definitely investing in our future and not on an ego trip. Hes been asked to lower the age of our squad and hes doing that. That means by selling on our assets for top prices while brining our own through.

Clearly the Dembele sale has made a few people doubt our management.....Jols been perfect from day 1! Under Hodgson, Hughes we was never going to see the likes of Trotta, Mesca, Frei, Kaca, Vigen etc. I know this because my friends brother was in the academy when Hodgson was here and all the academy used to say he had no interest in the youth, hence signing experienced players. At least now we are signing top youth players. Vigen, Mesca, and the new American Hydman? are all set to have bright futures, Trotta looks very good aswell.

For once i have this feeling that Fulham are trying to do something, yes the Dembele sale has set us back abit but we seem to have a strategy that we are going by and Jol is most certainly the man to bring this project to fruition! Whilst we laugh at QPR spending silly on old boys with no resale lets look at our club and be proud we are trying to become a young side with a top academy to bring through our own boys! If we conclude the rumoured deals, i will be so optimistic for the future. A top manager, new stand, exciting players, exciting youth coming through....where are the negatives??

Relegation?

HatterDon

Quote from: Aldo on August 29, 2012, 10:12:54 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

Which could be precisely why he has upset the "senior" players!

The problem being, of course, that many of the players he brought in are the same age or older than the players he wanted to ease out.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hn4fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2012, 12:47:10 AM
The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

The problem being, of course, that many of the players he brought in are the same age or older than the players he wanted to ease out.

That is true!

zander

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on August 30, 2012, 12:06:00 AM
Fans dont like change. We needed to change, our squad was old. We all laugh at what QPR are buying (the old players etc.) but we had a squad full of them. Murphy, Etuhu, Zamora, AJ, Dempsey, Pog....how old were they? Youngest being 28 Pog?

I've accepted we are a selling club, we will buy players and sell on for a good fee. We laughed that QPR gave us £5mil for Bobby, because hes not worth it. If we sign Gomis for instance and he has 2 good years with us we could move him on for 10-15mil as we have done with Dembele. If we arent going to win things we can only earn so much through league positions, selling players is what will lower our debt and make us self sustain. Dembele gave us a 10mil profit Dempsey leaving for the fee we want (7-10mil) would give us a profit aswell. Frei and Kacaklinic? will also move on at some point and give us a profit.

Jol is definitely investing in our future and not on an ego trip. Hes been asked to lower the age of our squad and hes doing that. That means by selling on our assets for top prices while brining our own through.

Clearly the Dembele sale has made a few people doubt our management.....Jols been perfect from day 1! Under Hodgson, Hughes we was never going to see the likes of Trotta, Mesca, Frei, Kaca, Vigen etc. I know this because my friends brother was in the academy when Hodgson was here and all the academy used to say he had no interest in the youth, hence signing experienced players. At least now we are signing top youth players. Vigen, Mesca, and the new American Hydman? are all set to have bright futures, Trotta looks very good aswell.

For once i have this feeling that Fulham are trying to do something, yes the Dembele sale has set us back abit but we seem to have a strategy that we are going by and Jol is most certainly the man to bring this project to fruition! Whilst we laugh at QPR spending silly on old boys with no resale lets look at our club and be proud we are trying to become a young side with a top academy to bring through our own boys! If we conclude the rumoured deals, i will be so optimistic for the future. A top manager, new stand, exciting players, exciting youth coming through....where are the negatives??

Top post.

The focus on youth is truly the best way for the club to self sustain. With the new academy rules as well ensuring we were a grade 1 academy was essential. As you say its the change that worries fans due to the uncertainty it brings. However the club has a plan and long term vision and are trying to work towards something. I would rather that than throw money at older players that will just prop the club up.

Apprentice to the Maestro

So many negative people.

Losing Dembele is a blow but it was almost certain to happen sooner or later. And why did it happen? It happened because he improved so much under Jol following Jol's decision to move him to central midfield.

Of the rest: Murphy, Etuhu, Zamora and AJ, good servants in their various ways but all were getting  fair amount of abuse on message boards and were being selected as candidates for replacement. If people leave there is often some friction generated by the player so that they can convince themselves that it is time to move on.

On the plus side we have played some of our best football under Jol and he is developing our young players.

Hodgson did a very good job consolidating our position using experienced players and a solid 4-4-2 formation. Jol is adopting a more flexible formation and attacking style that will not suit everyone but is needed if we are to maintain let alone improve our position in the league.

JBH

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 03:54:24 PM
Dickson Etuhu - No class on the pitch no class off it that is why he is plying his trade in the championship.

He's contributed 20x more to this club than the beloved Steve Sidwell. The man is gone. Crap on somebody else for a change.

So its alright for him to slag the club off is it? He was a bit part player who failed to hold down a starting position, he was average at best and I would actually say usually poor most of the time.
Sorry if you disagree but hey do I really care!!

MJG

Quote from: hn4fulham on August 30, 2012, 12:51:17 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2012, 12:47:10 AM
The club DID need radical change though.  You can only buy 30 year old established players for so long - the average age was rough 95 when he took over, there was no way that could continue.

That is true!
First teamers who have left since jol arrived( I have igonored the fringe players, Sa & Gecov)
Dembele-25
Murphy-35
Johnson-31
Etuhu-30
Greening-33
Pantsil-31
Kamara-31
Zamora-31
Salcido-32
Avg age= 31

In:
Riise-31
Ruiz-27
Grygera-32
Dave-27
Petric-31
Reither-29
Avg-29.5

What this does not show is the promotion to the first team of Frei & Kaca.
So while he has still purchased older players he has achived in bringing down the age of the squad.
I dont see the older than who left apart from Grygera for Pantsil.
Riise is younger than Salcido, Petric & dave are younger than AJ&BZ.
Reither is younger than Pants
Ruiz take your pick of who is younger than.

So its not quite true is it.

JBH

MJG you should know by now that HATTER DON, never lets the truth ruin any of his posts  :028:

TonyGilroy

And Etuhu was so enraged at Jol's inept management and the chaos at Fulham that he went to play for Kean under the astute Venky's regime.

I want to hear more of Dickson's wisdom.

mikie

you forgot to add Zamora 31 = Berbatov 31... at least Zamora is still making the QPha team and scoring goals when was Berbatovs last prem goal?? I think we are going backwards signing Berbatov. I hope i am proved wrong but cant see him being prolific.

SKSW6

Quote from: mikie on August 30, 2012, 09:30:17 AM
you forgot to add Zamora 31 = Berbatov 31... at least Zamora is still making the QPha team and scoring goals when was Berbatovs last prem goal?? I think we are going backwards signing Berbatov. I hope i am proved wrong but cant see him being prolific.

Berbatov scored a goal every 74 minutes last season, 7 in 12 games, which included 7 sub appearances.

AlFayedsChequebook

You are fantastic. You must be tired though, with all the effort you put into being a WUM.

FYI

Goals last season:

Berbatov - 7 goals in 12 games, 7 of which he was a substitute
Zamora - 7 goals in 30 appearances, of which he was a substitute once

Goals in 2010/11:

Berbatov - 20 in 32 games, 8 of which were sub appearances,
Zamora - 5 in 14 games, 5 of which were sub appearances

In fact, Zamora has NEVER scored more goals than Berbatov in corresponding seasons in the premier league.

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but he just makes it so easy.

EJL

You're kidding right? Zamora for QPR last season - 14 games 2 goals. Berbatov for Man United last season - 12 games 7 goals (all pretty much from the bench). Zamora's personal best for goals in a season for us was 8 goals. Put Berbatov in a team that suits his style and he'd score twice that. Easily.

craig10

It's all in his name - hence the twitter comments with no guts to go into detail... Either say it all or say nothing

mikie

What is a WUM??? And why the personal attacks???

JBH

Quote from: mikie on August 30, 2012, 09:46:34 AM

WUM is what you are and the personal attacks are because you are a WUM

When do you go back to school??

AlFayedsChequebook

Playing the victim card, nice tactic

mikie

We sell our best player a player for the future and buy someone whos over 30 going against the grain of what we have been told. If thats the observation of a WUM then so be it. At least in my posts i havnt resorted to calling people names or telling them to go and support someone else. If you dont like my opinion then tough. For this club to move forward we should be building on what we have and not selling it on and starting again with players over 30. Id much rather Dembele in our team than Berbatov.

mikie

Victim card??? I think the personal attacks on here are plain to see...

FFC1987

Because you made a comment based on little to no fact and have been proven wrong. Your comment was so ridiculous it dserved a slap. And as for the victim card, your the person victimising the club with nonsense and ridiculous accusations.