watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I always had faith in Jol......

Started by Tooting legend, August 30, 2012, 03:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooting legend

Signing Berbatov to me is one of the best signings we have made for some years, Hes a 20 goal a season striker and the fact he turned down Juventus and florentina shows the respect Jol has in the game to attract this sort of player. Richardson will add great pace down the left linking up with Riise. I still think Jol has a few more players up his sleeve for the vacant midfield position. But lets think Blackburn have paid 8million for roades yet we get berbatov for 3-4million. for me the later is the far better deal.

General

I've never not had faith in Jol, I just find it extremely frustrating to see what's going on behind the scenes. We'll see with the signings we make in the coming day or so and how long the contracts are. That's been the frustrating thing - Dembele having a release claus is justified as we would never have had him here... I don't know, I am settled but time will tell.

Aaron

Max Headroom

Berbatov or Rhodes?

I think Rhodes could be very good, but apparently isnt very quick....

Berbatove IS very good, and his game isnt about speed

Burt

Jol is no mug and knows what he is doing.

BishopsParkFantastic

Jol is making last minute transfer deals that I am sure that even he would admit are not ideal, but dictated to by circumstances. Bervatov isn't a replacement for Mousa. If berbatov had been a perfect signing, it would have happened earlier. I understand what Jol is doing - I'd have probably done the same in his position.

Aaron

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on August 30, 2012, 06:12:13 PM
Jol is making last minute transfer deals that I am sure that even he would admit are not ideal, but dictated to by circumstances. Bervatov isn't a replacement for Mousa. If berbatov had been a perfect signing, it would have happened earlier. I understand what Jol is doing - I'd have probably done the same in his position.

To be fair this isn't the first time we have been linked with Berbatov and by Jol's own admission he has been after him for some time.  Given the price involved even if we had kept Dembele this move could well have been on the cards.  He's not a creative midfielder, no, but it's not like the dressing room was bursting at the seems due to the number of talented strikers we had available either.

Likewise, Richardson is not a Dembele replacement either, but he's not even a comparable player so again, nothing about that strikes me as particularly knee-jerk.

I think these were planned moves regardless to be honest..  We're yet to see how what is going to happen to replace Dembele.  It just seems very unlikely to me that we would even bother to pick up the phone to try for someone who we knew to have already been offered a deal with Juventus unless the lines of communication had been open for some time.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Jol has said in his interview that he tried to get Berbatov some time ago. Berbatov probably would not have been available until RVP signed for Manchester United.

mr-ska

Although i was being upbeat about things last night.. secretly i was looking for a hose pipe to connect to my car exhaust!!  ha ha

costarican white

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 30, 2012, 06:40:14 PM

Jol has said in his interview that he tried to get Berbatov some time ago. Berbatov probably would not have been available until RVP signed for Manchester United.

Agree, there's still a few hours until the window closes, let's see what happens...
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.