watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Site very slow

Started by DukeTyrion, August 31, 2012, 10:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

Not sure if it's just me, but the site seems to be very slow at the moment.

I think it's been getting generally worse since the official forums closed, and with a flurry of transfer activity expected today, it's probably going to be at it's worst at the moment.

Just wondered if anyone else was having similar issues and if there were any plans in the pipelines to improve things?

Thanks

Grant

No it's not just you, I was finding the site to be painfully slow yesterday, and I was wondering if I was having a connection problem, but I wasn't, I visited numerous other sites and they loaded instantly, whereas this one was taking an eternity to load.

OldBrownShoe

I am afraid I am having the same trouble myself these past few days. :dead horse:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LBNo11

...we have given our provider a ring to see what can be done. They are talking about moving to either a virtual or dedicated server, when they mentioned this they were in the process of setting up virtual servers, both of which will be able to cope with future demands.

Due to recent events the unprecedented demand in new membership and consequent traffic have increased dramatically, but we are working on it to bring about a solutions so that we can get back up to speed - literally.

We share your frustration at the slow site speed, particularly at such a vital part of the season and hopefully we all witness a return to normal speed sooner than later...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

DukeTyrion

Thanks for the update LB.

At least I know it's not my PC playing up!

YankeeJim

What's with the site over the last few days? I had difficulty getting in on saturday morning and whne I did I was kicked out before I could finish a thread. Yesterday and today I get in but get kicked out when I try toget into a 2nd thread page and or a second thread?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamborn and proud

just taken me 6 min to get in,glad to see others are having the same problem.Thought it might be me age.Still a great site

DukeTyrion

Site seems to be getting slower by the day.

Is there any news on getting us onto a faster hosting service?

LBNo11

DT we are very much aware of the problem and had we unlimited resources we would have come up with one of the three potential solutions to the problem, as things stand Administrator is very much picking up the costs on his own. As the admin team are employed in full time work and one of shift work it is proving difficult to communicate with each other at the same time at the moment.

Please bear with us and we hope to have a solution in the near future...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

I  noticed over the Christmas holiday i couldn't access the site between 11.30 to 12.30 at night, this problem seems to have stopped now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 01, 2013, 07:52:34 PM
DT we are very much aware of the problem and had we unlimited resources we would have come up with one of the three potential solutions to the problem, as things stand Administrator is very much picking up the costs on his own. As the admin team are employed in full time work and one of shift work it is proving difficult to communicate with each other at the same time at the moment.

Please bear with us and we hope to have a solution in the near future...

If you need money let us know. Between us I'm sure we'll pick up the costs.