more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Scapegoats - An FFC Production

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, August 31, 2012, 11:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

Your words not mine...

I think the whole 'scapegoat' thing is rubbish. We all have favourite players and players we aren't fans of - that's natural at any football club. People are entitled to blame particular players for a club's failings just as much as people are entitled to applaud particular players for a club's success. Doesn't mean those players are scapegoats.

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: alexbishop on August 31, 2012, 11:32:48 AM
Your words not mine...

I think the whole 'scapegoat' thing is rubbish. We all have favourite players and players we aren't fans of - that's natural at any football club. People are entitled to blame particular players for a club's failings just as much as people are entitled to applaud particular players for a club's success. Doesn't mean those players are scapegoats.

So what was the systematic abuse of players such as Zamora, Baird and Kelly about then? Much of it baseless?

Football fans will always choose certain players to scapegoat regardless of how they actually perform on the pitch.

FYI, I was not trying to stir things up - Ruiz just posted this photo on twitter and I thought the caption summed it up.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Oh God AFCheque ........................the member from the moose family  is struggling into his Billy costume as you post ................he'll be along in a Mo, the zip is stuck !

Reindeer

Your words not mine...

Stephen Kelly puts in woeful performances time and time again, yet seems to be off peoples radar for criticism.  Ruiz gets stick for his hair and Senderos as an accident waiting to happen.  We even have a fair few on here who don't have much regard for Jol.

I'd say they are used as Scapegoats, mostly by people who wouldn't know a decent player if they come and bit them on the arse.

Berserker

Quote from: Reindeer on August 31, 2012, 11:59:05 AM
Your words not mine...

Stephen Kelly puts in woeful performances time and time again, yet seems to be off peoples radar for criticism.  Ruiz gets stick for his hair and Senderos as an accident waiting to happen.  We even have a fair few on here who don't have much regard for Jol.

I'd say they are used as Scapegoats, mostly by people who wouldn't know a decent player if they come and bit them on the arse.

I like them both, big kisses xxxxx
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

In recent years the most disgusting treatment was dished out to Baird  the front of J + K  spat at him every time he took a throw in, the abuse that bloke got was criminal, the bloke got blamed for everything. Now that a scapegoat
A few throw away comments is not the same thing  at all. 

Reindeer Honest !  you really need to get over Kelly  we won't see much of him this season because Sasha ......................
but wait !!!  the German International is not Premiership quality ( not my words )