https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (01/09/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 01, 2012, 04:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Berbatov can't wait to start Fulham career

Transfer news: Fulham sign Bulgarian striker

Fulham new boy Dimitar Berbatov is excited after completed his move to Craven Cottage from Manchester United.

The Bulgaria international was frozen out at Old Trafford but is looking forward to working with Martin Jol again.

"I'm expecting great things - I just want to enjoy my football once again," he told his new club's official website.

"When I play all the time I play with a smile on my face and then I can help my team with my goals and my game and the way I can play football.

"It is always exciting when you see a team that wants to develop and Fulham want to do this. When you come to a new club, the first two or three days are always a bit hectic.

"You meet new faces, new team-mates and have fresh surroundings but I will soon get used to it because I've been with other teams in England, I know the environment and I know the language so it should be easy for me to fit in very quickly.

"I do remember playing against Fulham and at Craven Cottage – I remember scoring a couple of goals against them too!

"I always really enjoyed coming here, it is a good football pitch and Fulham always try to play football, which I like, so I hope I can do what I've managed to do with my former clubs with my new club, then everybody will be happy."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/berbatov_can_t_wait_to_start_fulham_career_1_1501404?

WhiteJC

Fulham call off deal for Ghana ace

DEREK Boateng's proposed move to Fulham is dead in the water.

The Whites were understood to have agreed a deal with Dnipro for the Ghana international and made early efforts to acquire a work-permit.

But Martin Jol will have to look elsewhere to strenghten his midfield after Boateng failed to sign on the dotted line at Craven Cottage.

Boateng confirmed the move was off via his Twitter account after revealing he had doubts as to whether he would reach an agreement with the club a few hours earlier.

He wrote: "Deal with @FulhamFC is off."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/08/31/82029-31740692/?#ixzz25BZRIPlI

WhiteJC

Dempsey signs for Spurs
Attacker makes shock move to White Hart Lane

Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed they have reached an agreement with Fulham for the transfer of Clint Dempsey for £6million on a three-year deal.

Earlier on Friday, Aston Villa had a £7million bid for the Americal accepted by Fulham.

But the West Midlands club soon ended their interest in signing Dempsey as the attacker wanted to join Liverpool.

However, the Cottagers rejected a bid from the Reds, who were then not prepared to improve their offer.

And instead the 29-year-old successfully underwent a medical and agreed personal terms with boss Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham's training ground.

Influential

A statement on the Fulham's official website read: "Fulham football club can confirm that, on Friday evening, Clint Dempseyjoined Tottenham Hotspur.

"Clint was a very influential player for Fulham over a number of seasons and the club thanks him for his contribution and wishes him well for the future."

Dempsey said: "To play under this head coach and play for this club is a dream come true. I want to make the most of it.

"There are a lot of great players here. I'm looking forward to training and playing with them."

Dempsey had not played for Fulham this season after it became clear he wanted a move, but he added: "A lot was said and written ahead of me leaving Fulham. It wasn't how it was portrayed, but that's in the past now and we move on.

"I want to thank the fans for everything, some of the best memories I've had in football, and thank the chairman for giving me the opportunity to come from the MLS and compete over here.

"All I can say is thank you and now I'm looking forward to the next challenge."

Tottenham had already signed France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris from Lyon.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8039027?

WhiteJC

Transfer deadline day: Clint Dempsey's strange odyssey ends at Tottenham

Clint Dempsey isn't in the UEFA Champions League just yet, but he appears to be considerably closer to his goal after completing a move from English Premier League club Fulham to London rival Tottenham Hotspur on Friday.

Dempsey, who has been sidelined at Fulham while angling for a move to a bigger club, reportedly signed a three-year contract with Tottenham after the teams agreed on a transfer fee of about $9.5 million.

"A lot was said and written ahead of me leaving Fulham," Dempsey told Spurs TV. "It wasn't how it was portrayed. But it's in the past now. We move on. I just want to thank the fans for everything. Some of the best memories I've had in football, and just want to thank the chairman (Mohamed Al Fayed) for giving me the opportunity to come from MLS and compete over here. All I can say is 'thank you' but now I'm looking forward to the next challenge."

The deal ended a tense transfer deadline day, during which Dempsey also was linked to Liverpool, Sunderland and Aston Villa. But just when it appeared he faced the prospect of having to mend relationships at Fulham, Spurs swooped in and brought Dempsey to White Hart Lane.

Tottenham finished fourth in the EPL last season but was bumped from the Champions League to the second-tier Europa League because sixth-place Chelsea won the European title and claimed England's fourth bid to the 2012-13 tournament. Spurs are a legitimate threat to return to club soccer's premier competition next season.

English national team forward Jermaine Defoe, Welsh winger Gareth Bale and Togolese striker Emmanuel Adebayor are three of the EPL's most dangerous players, and the club is solid in net with American veteran Brad Friedel and newly signed French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. Tottenham also acquired Dempsey's former Fulham teammate, Belgian midfielder Moussa Dembélé, this week.

Spurs have started the 2012-13 EPL season 0-1-1 and are scheduled to play host to Norwich City on Saturday. Tottenham didn't say Friday whether Dempsey would be in uniform.

Dempsey, 29, had 23 goals for Fulham in 2011-12, the most productive season ever for an American playing abroad. He was candid about his desire to play at the highest possible level (Fulham never has qualified for the Champions League) but found his options limited once he made clear his intention to leave Craven Cottage. He has been one of the club's most productive players since arriving from the New England Revolution in January 2007, scoring 60 goals in 224 games.

There was speculation that some were scared off by his age, that Dempsey was reluctant to leave England so therefore had limited options and even that an anti-American bias prevented teams from making a move for such an accomplished player.

Liverpool and Sunderland had been in the mix for a while, but neither made an offer Fulham would accept. Liverpool reportedly had one rejected Friday. Villa bid about $11.1 million for Dempsey's rights as the deadline approached, higher than Tottenham's eventual price, but he rejected the move to Birmingham.

Dempsey accepts the challenge of moving to Spurs.

"Just got to work hard and get on the field and let my play do the talking for me," Dempsey said. "I want to play and I know it's going to be a lot of hard work to get into this lineup. I just want to work hard and make the most of this season."

Dempsey is expected to join up with the U.S. national team early next week in preparation for World Cup qualifying games against Jamaica on Sept. 7 and Sept. 11.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2012-08-31/clint-dempsey-fulham-tottenham-transfer-window?

WhiteJC

Fulham Sign Dejagah

Fulham Football Club can confirm the signing of Ashkan Dejagah from VfL Wolsburg on a three-year deal with an additional year's option, for an undisclosed fee, which will see the player at the Club until at least 2015.

The 26-year-old winger made over 150 appearances in five seasons at Wolfsburg, having spent three years prior at Hertha Berlin.

His impressive performances for the Bundesliga side last season - where he registered many assists for his team - earned him a first international call-up, where he has so far scored two goals in three matches for Iran.

Prior to making his senior international debut for Iran, Dejagah represented Germany at every age group from the U17s to U21s.   

Dejagah played twice against Fulham during the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League campaign, coming on as substitute in both legs of the Quarter-Final tie.

Dejagah said: "I'm very happy to be signing for Fulham and to come and play in the Premier League. I know Sascha [Riether] well and he told me very good things about the Club and, after I had spoken to the Manager and heard about the project here, I was convinced. So I am happy to be here and will give my best for the Club and our fans."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/august/31/fulham-sign-dejagah?

WhiteJC

Match Preview: West Ham v Fulham

Andy Carroll's move to West Ham is without doubt one of the big stories of the transfer window. I'll talk more about this and the rest of our business in this window in a post tomorrow, but suffice to say, the one bit of player selection we're all waiting for is to see whether Andy Carroll is thrown directly into the side to face Fulham this lunchtime. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he was on the bench and brought on in the second half. I wouldn't be surprised also if he played both Carroll and Cole in the starting lineup, although I accept that is less than likely in his preferred formation. Maiga might well also think he has done enough to warrant a start, but that would mean playing him on the right in place of Vaz Te. I wasn't there for the Crewe game, and apparently he was very impressive, but I suspect he will be the one who won't get a start, although I imagine he will come on at some point.

The midfield three more or less pick themselves. I can't see an argument for making any changes these, but in central defence I do think Tomkins deserves to start in defence. I hate it when Sam plays him in midfield. There's absolutely no need especially against a side like Fulham.

I'm gutted that I can't make it to the match and will have to watch it on TV. It's a match we really ought to win and win well. I don't mean that out of disrespect to Fulham, but we do need to win matches like this if we are to make ourselves safe as early as possible in the season.

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/5040ea13cb241e4e4f00039c?

WhiteJC

Dempsey Departs

Fulham Football Club can confirm that, on Friday evening, Clint Dempsey joined Tottenham Hotspur.

Clint was a very influential player for Fulham over a number of seasons and the Club thanks him for his contribution and wishes him well for the future.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/august/31/dempsey-departs?

WhiteJC

Halliche Released

The Club can confirm that Algerian defender Rafik Halliche's contract has been terminated by mutual consent.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/august/31/halliche?

WhiteJC

Berbatov signs for Fulham from Manchester United

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Dimitar Berbatov from Manchester United on a two-year deal.

The 31-year-old striker has moved for an undisclosed fee and will be reunited with Martin Jol, who managed Tottenham during the Bulgarian's time at the north London club.

Berbatov, who scored 56 goals and made 149 appearances for Manchester United, told Fulham's official website: "I'm delighted to have signed for Fulham and I look forward to playing under Martin Jol once again.

"As soon as I was aware of Fulham's interest my decision to join was an easy one to make.

"I'm impressed with the set up here and the people have made me feel welcome. There is a close and personal feel around the club and I can't wait to get started."

Jol said: "Dimitar is a player I've always admired. He did well for me at Spurs and I'm sure that he will do well here at Fulham.

"He's a player of great quality and technical ability who will give me the attacking option I've been looking for.

"When he's not scoring goals, his ingenuity often leads to chances being created for his team-mates and I'm delighted that we've been able to convince him to come to us, as there was a lot of attention from other clubs."

Berbatov joined Spurs from Bayer Leverkusen in 2006 and went on to make 102 appearances and score 46 goals in all competitions for the White Hart Lane based club.

He then made the switch to Manchester United for a reported £30 million and in the 2010/11 season he was the Premier League's joint top goalscorer to claim the Golden Boot with Carlos Tevez.

The new deal will see Berbatov, who retired from international football two years ago, remain at Fulham until at least the summer of 2014.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/berbatov-signs-for-fulham-from-manchester-united-8099991.html

WhiteJC

Dejagah joins Fulham
Winger signs three-year contract at Craven Cottage

Ashkan Dejagah: Convinced to join Fulham by the 'project' of Martin Jol

Fulham have signed Ashkan Dejagah from Wolfsburg on a three-year deal with option for an additional 12 months for an undisclosed fee.

The winger was expected to move to Craven Cottage on transfer deadline day after being spotted at the club on Friday.

Dejagah's move was then announced shortly before the 11pm cut-off, bringing to an end more than 150 appearances at Wolfsburg.
He told Fulham's official website: "I'm very happy to be signing for Fulham and to come and play in the Premier League.

"I know Sascha [Riether] well and he told me very good things about the club and, after I had spoken to the manager and heard about the project here, I was convinced.

"So I am happy to be here and will give my best for the club and our fans."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8039368?

WhiteJC

Deadline Day

:

So, transfer deadline day is finally over and Fulham managed to secure three signings to add to the team. Some quick thoughts on each one:

Dimitar Berbatov

Obviously the star signing of Fulham's transfer window. The loss of Moussa Dembele upset many but the signing of Berba on a two year contract had most Fulham fans dancing a jig of delight. In just over 6 months Fulham have gone from an attack of Andy Johnson, Pavel Pogrebnyak/Zamora and Orland Sa to Berbatov, Petric and Rodellega. As well as making a £2m profit – sensational business. As for the man himself? He is a proven premier league goalscorer and probably the classiest player in the league. In his opening interview he said he wanted to be happy and to play, so Fulham sounds like the perfect place for him to see out the rest of his days. I personally cannot wait to see him in a Fulham shirt.

Kieran Richardson

The 27 year old joined from Sunderland in a £2m deal on a three year contract with an option. It was his bad luck that this was first announced just after the Dembele news broke but he should prove to be a very solid signing. He can play all over the park, is meant to be a top professional and most Sunderland fans were very sad to see him go. Jol has already hinted that he sees Richardson playing on the left wing, although with the lack of centre midfielders available, don't be surprised to see him lining up alongside Diarra. Rich always goes on about the importance of good squad players. This appears to be what we have, and possibly more.

Ashkan Dejagah

A bit of a surprise signing for £2.5m from Wolfsburg, Ashkan looks to be the answer we were looking for with regards to pace and width on the right. He had a very successful season last year with 3 goals and 10 assists in the Bundesliga. I have not seen much of Dejagah, but I am reliably informed by those who follow the German league that he is a good solid right winger with an excellent cross on him and will definitely add to the team.

There will be more on CCN in the coming days about Fulham's transfers and how the team will be shaping up until Jan.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/deadline-day/?

WhiteJC

Dimitar Berbatov: Fulham sign Man Utd striker
LONDON. September 1. KAZINFORM Striker Dimitar Berbatov has signed for Fulham from Manchester United on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Cottagers, who have also brought in winger Ashkan Dejagah from Wolfsburg, landed 31-year-old Berbatov despite interest from several clubs.

Italian sides Fiorentina and Juventus also wanted the Bulgarian but he opted to remain in the top flight.

"As soon as I was aware of Fulham's interest, my decision to join was an easy one," said Berbatov.

"I'm impressed with the set-up here and the people have made me feel welcome. There is a close and personal feel around the club and I can't wait to get started."

Berbatov played under Fulham boss Martin Jol at Spurs.

Jol added: "Dimitar is a player I've always admired. He's a player of great quality and technical ability who will give me the attacking option I've been looking for. When he's not scoring goals, his ingenuity often leads chances being created for his team-mates."

Fiorentina thought they had tied up a deal for Berbatov. They claimed they had been given permission by United to speak to the player but that he failed to turn up in Florence for talks after they had paid for his flight, BBC News reports.

"We are happy he did not come to Fiorentina," read a club statement. "He did not deserve our city and our shirt and the values it represents."

Meanwhile Dejagah, 26, has signed a three-year deal with Fulham with the option to extend it by a year.

The Iran international had a stint at Hertha Berlin before moving to Wolfsburg, where he made more than 150 appearances.

"I'm very happy to be signing for Fulham and to come and play in the Premier League," he told the Fulham website.

"After I had spoken to the manager and heard about the project here, I was convinced. So I am happy to be here and will give my best for the club and our fans."

http://www.inform.kz/eng/article/2491002?