more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(05/09/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 05, 2012, 04:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Berbatov's Bulgaria snub causes uproar

Dimitar Berbatov has been slammed in his homeland after he snubbed the Bulgarian national team for a second time.

The Fulham striker is the Baltic nation's leading goalscorer but quit the team in 2010.

Coach coach Lyuboslav Penev invited him to end his international exile with a place in the squad for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Armenia.

The 31-year-old, who moved from Manchester United to Fulham last week, told media in his homeland: "I confirm my previous decision, My time is over... You should find someone else,"

His refusal to change his mind has drawn heavy criticism in his homeland.

Sports daily Meridian Match yesterday carried the headline "Berbo betrayed (coach) Lubo (Penev)", while the Sportline website said: "His refusal to play for the national team will forever remain an act devoid of moral dignity."

"Berbatov is a player who polarises public opinion with the fans divided between those who love him or loathe him," said Football Weekly.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/berbatov_s_bulgaria_snub_causes_uproar_1_1506011?

jazz hardrockin

Well,one have to question the credibility of such a media that DOESN'T KNOW Bulgaria is hardly a
"Baltic nation's ". If they want credibility ,they should dig deep before 'cherry picking" so called "news"
The real reason he is not playing international football is political. The BFF is the most corrupt entity in a country where corruption is wide spread. Actually true football fans support him very much,because they see his act as an attempt to make a statement in that regard.  fp.gif
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

HatterDon

Hmmm, the guy has difficulty telling the difference between Balkan and Baltic. Sort of like many folks I know who can't quite get their heads round the idea that Australia and Austria aren't the same country.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Colombia and Columbia seems to baffle the general public.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2012, 04:58:37 PM
Hmmm, the guy has difficulty telling the difference between Balkan and Baltic. Sort of like many folks I know who can't quite get their heads round the idea that Australia and Austria aren't the same country.

I don't doubt it, Don, but surely more of a worry are those folks in your neck of the woods who can't get their heads around the fact that there are other countries in the world other than the USA (and Mexico, as you're in Texas).

Mind you, we can't really laugh, a lot of people over here have problems pointing out where they think London or East Anglia are located on an outline map of the UK, and I remember when I did my Geography "O" level exam (back in the days when we still had "O" levels) I had a series of questions about which was furthest north/south and where the sun would rise earliest/set soonest in Moscow, Berlin and somewhere in the Baltic, and I realised afterwards that I had managed to reverse the Earth's spin. I still passed, though, so I must have got most of the rest of the exam right.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

berbafan

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2012, 04:58:37 PM

Guy's good - talking about Greater Bulgaria!