more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Revealed: How Liverpool's pursuit of Dempsey prompted his unprecedented exile

Started by Snibbo, September 07, 2012, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Reindeer on September 10, 2012, 11:36:06 AM

You also come across as a bitter little nark, with your personal rantings, a trait that is becoming all too familiar from our US fanbase.  The fact that you sit there watching the occasional game on TV, with a bowl of nachos on your belly, doesn't give you the right to have a personal go at me for questioning your position in this debate.  I don't know you or wish to know you, I simply put up a reply to your claim against the integrity of our manger and chairman.

I am from that same "US fanbase" and I also get to see my team on TV rather than live.

Just because you are in the privileged position of living in the UK and being able to see our team week-in and week-out doesn't make you better than anyone else on FoF. Most of the time it is down to finances and time. What's the cost of a season ticket? 500 quid? It costs me almost twice that just to see ONE match a season, 2 times that for me and the missus, with a 36-hours travelling time thrown in, and we try to get over at least every couple of seasons to see a match live. So who is the 'better' supporter? Not me, not you, we are the same.

So, YJ used, perhaps, poor language when mentioning MaF pocketing the money, I personally believe it's his to do what he wants to, but that is no reason to slag off a fellow supporter and member of this MB, and every US fan on here.

HatterDon

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 09, 2012, 10:24:45 PM
Quote from: Reindeer on September 09, 2012, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: YankeeJim on September 09, 2012, 12:58:29 AM
Just wondering, with all the criticism of Dempsey, earned or not, why does no one have something to say about Jol & the Chairman selling our season to Spurs and pocketing the money? With the Dems, I expect Spurs to do well. Without the Dems, I fear we are no better then bottom ten middle or lower.

I think your biggest fear is without Dempsey, there's no reason to carry on supporting us. 

Our chairman puts all his energy into the club and has handled the situation impeccably.  He has supported the manager 100% and did not give in to the bullying from the American own scousers. To claim he is pocketing money is as deluded as the "two sides" argument put up by Dempsey.

I think your biggest fear is without Dempsey, there's no reason to carry on supporting us. 

Now that is an asinine comment. You have no idea what "my biggest fear is" so I'll tell you: irritating, obnoxious individuals such as yourself. I was here long before Dempsey and will be here as long as the "Friends of Fulham" I've grown to know & respect remain the decent folks they are.

I agree with Hatter Don that I truly hope FFC never gets another American just so I don't have to read nonsense such as your post. Sorry if bullying by we Yanks is your greatest fear.

Sorry mods. I know nothing should be personal so my apologies to all but this pointed headed, four legged creature.

You come across as a bit of a Dempsey "fanboy"

So says the chairman of Senderos United.  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

In  merely a few weeks time, as Dempsey doesn't play for Fulham, I expect that there will be no need to talk about him on this Fulham messageboard.  At that point any real 'Dempsey fanboys' will have moved on and we can talk about the current team.

It took about a month to forget Zamora but it should take a little longer for Dempsey due to the nature of his departure but probably no longer...

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 10, 2012, 12:29:23 PM
In  merely a few weeks time, as Dempsey doesn't play for Fulham, I expect that there will be no need to talk about him on this Fulham messageboard.  At that point any real 'Dempsey fanboys' will have moved on and we can talk about the current team.

It took about a month to forget Zamora but it should take a little longer for Dempsey due to the nature of his departure but probably no longer...
amen.... 9739.gif
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

aconnecticutyankee

Mr. Reindeer,I was excited when Clint joined Fulham, well frankly I was excited when Eddie Lewis joined, or Bocanegra or... to me it meant that some of our American players were "good enough" to get to a top English Club, made even better that I was a Fulham supporter before they arrived! Whatever motivated me to to support  Fulham in the first place in the 90's prior to their ascendancy to the Premiership (and before the Americans) is one of those life mysteries that will forever be unable to explain. All I know is that Fulham has taken the place of the New York Yankees and other American teams in my consiousness that I once followed for many years. Fulham matchdays are all consuming for me now with the gamut emotions following from sweetbliss to melancholy that all you proper English fans must feel. I am envious (and respectful) of you Mr Reindeer and the Fulham faithful, who attend each week home and away come hell or high water, while I buy extra cable TV packages and fiddle with my computer to locate this weeks feed from Uzbekistan in order to watch every match. I do watch nearly every one though and have for years. Yes, one of my highest highs was when Dempsey scored that beautiful goal vs Juve in the Europa Cup (and I told him so to his face), but make no mistake, it was in a Fulham shirt that made it so special to me.
Since joining FofF I have been connected emotionally to the club as never before. There are at least two dozen contributors here who I can't do without each week, Lighthouse ( I love/hate his posts), Hatter Don ( best match re-caps I've read), Tony Gilroy (  master of common sense) to name a few. You are my extended Fulham family which is what I think the creators of this board had in mind.
I will get there some day as I'm looking to semi retire in a few years and Fulham has been top of my bucket list for a long time. I will be the 60 ish shouting American who has possibly lost his mind wearing the Demon Adidas shirt standing behind you.

Logicalman

Quote from: Reindeer on September 10, 2012, 12:22:58 PM

Look, the whole point of the response is to address the personal attack on me in the first place.  I didn't see YOU pipe up on my behalf, but when a member of your brigade gets an ear full, then you're fighting the good fight.

What you spend on coming over here is to be admired.  You're right about the spend factor and the club obviously means a lot to you, as it does to most on here.  However sticking up for one of your own, doesn't make your actions right either.

As for 'one of my own', perhaps you should understand I have a foot in both camps, having been born and bred on the Lillie Road, I spent my youth and formative years  on the terraces of the Cottage, long before it was fashionable, and had the privilege of seeing people such as Haynes, Cohen, and my all-time favorites, sniffer & Conway. Having spent 34 years doing that in the UK, I then emigrated to the US, and continued following the one team I had done since I was 6. And I am not alone in giving the same story, there are a lot of members on here with the same history who now live in the States.
So, there is no, 'one of my own' as you like to put it, there are just Fulham Fans, that's it, we are all the same.

No, I didn't 'pipe up' on your behalf, and neither did I on YJ's either, I spoke up due to the bigoted nature of your comments. We left such bigotry back on the original Fulham board, and it is NOT tolerated on here. I hope that makes it quite clear why I decide to 'rant', not in defence of one "US Fanbase" nark, but solely due to your painting every US-based fan, with the same brush you painted one person.

FoF is open to all members of our clubs fanbase, and all are treated equally, if you decide you don't like someones comments, ignore them, there's even a button for that! I hope this puts a line under this very sorry saga.

BarryP

Quote from: Logicalman on September 10, 2012, 11:57:24 AM

You also come across as a bitter little nark, with your personal rantings, a trait that is becoming all too familiar from our US fanbase.  The fact that you sit there watching the occasional game on TV, with a bowl of nachos on your belly, doesn't give you the right to have a personal go at me for questioning your position in this debate.  I don't know you or wish to know you, I simply put up a reply to your claim against the integrity of our manger and chairman.

I am from that same "US fanbase" and I also get to see my team on TV rather than live.

Just because you are in the privileged position of living in the UK and being able to see our team week-in and week-out doesn't make you better than anyone else on FoF. Most of the time it is down to finances and time. What's the cost of a season ticket? 500 quid? It costs me almost twice that just to see ONE match a season, 2 times that for me and the missus, with a 36-hours travelling time thrown in, and we try to get over at least every couple of seasons to see a match live. So who is the 'better' supporter? Not me, not you, we are the same.

So, YJ used, perhaps, poor language when mentioning MaF pocketing the money, I personally believe it's his to do what he wants to, but that is no reason to slag off a fellow supporter and member of this MB, and every US fan on here.

Look, the whole point of the response is to address the personal attack on me in the first place.  I didn't see YOU pipe up on my behalf, but when a member of your brigade gets an ear full, then you're fighting the good fight.

What you spend on coming over here is to be admired.  You're right about the spend factor and the club obviously means a lot to you, as it does to most on here.  However sticking up for one of your own, doesn't make your actions right either.

You both should remember that when an individual makes a post that does not align with your personal view of a situation you are not entitled to respond with personal insults but your post Reindeer seems to slander every US fan and an entire country.

QuoteYou also come across as a bitter little nark, with your personal rantings, a trait that is becoming all too familiar from our US fanbase.  The fact that you sit there watching the occasional game on TV, with a bowl of nachos on your belly, doesn't give you the right to have a personal go at me for questioning your position in this debate.  I don't know you or wish to know you, I simply put up a reply to your claim against the integrity of our manger and chairman.

As a fan from the "US fanbase" I will tell you that I watch more than the occasional match and before the nice link threads to the matches I used to spends hours trying to find a decent stream. Also, I am extremely insulted by the fat joke.  So if you get more than a few irritated responses to your insults try not to be too surprised and do try to read the forum rules below.  I added them just in case you missed them before.

Rules for Posting
SECTION 1
Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - POLITICS
       B - RACIST REMARKS
       C - SEXIST REMARKS
       D - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS
       E - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE
       F - TERMINAL ILLNESS
      G - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING / SLANDER
       H - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT ERNIE CLAY

It is understood that from time to time especially on a football forum subjects such as the Hillsborough or Heysel Disaster, Bradford Park Fire, Munich Air Disaster et al will arise. We ask that any discussion is to remain respectful at all times due to the sensitive nature of the topic.

Please remember this is a public domain, an opinion or the re-emergence of such sensitive topics can open old wounds for so many friends, relatives, and loved ones.

The Fulham philosophy is to always adopt a common sense approach when addressing any issues.
SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, its confusing for some users. Please apply common sense, some abbreviations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replying to posts in text language.
   CAPITALS - Please refrain from using them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people consider it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldnt shout your opinion in a conversation so please dont do it on here. We dont mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however.
   OVERSIZE SIGNATURES - We ask you to keep them to a reasonable size.
   MULTIPLE THREADS - We ask members not to start multiple threads on the same subject.
   SMILEY FACES - We have no objections to their use but please dont go overboard.
   RIVAL SUPPORTERS - Whilst FoF is predominantly a Fulham community, the views and opinions from supporters of rival clubs are both welcomed and appreciated (the exception being Alan Green - no one should take any notice of him). Of course, banter has always been a key theme of FoF but if we find it to be abusive, the offenders will be dealt with swiftly.
   SWEARING - Please try to avoid swearing, trying to disguise the words is also not acceptable either. We are aware that a degree of mild swearing will crop up from time to time, and left on or removed at the moderators discretion given the context.

These rules are not written in stone but they are what we expect of our members.

Younger members are not to be discouraged so we must make you aware that it is predominantly an adult forum.

Furthermore its worth noting that when a discussion reaches a dead end or loggerhead. We have found it much better from experience to simply Agree To Disagree.

On behalf of the whole Friends of Fulham team please feel a wholehearted welcome. Please remember, all are welcome to join and enjoy this little piece of cyber bliss, look after it, meet the locals and discover whats involved in the Fulham experience.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

SNAP

I was born off of Lillie Road in Laundry Road & I have been to America and eaten nachos...

I have also been to Craven Cottage (more than 600 times) but if it cost me $500 dollars each time,  I wouldn't have bothered...

MJG

The DDL can now be disbanded as he has gone.
No need for Fulham fans to fall out over a player who made the decision to leave our club, he is a hero to some and a zero for others.

Most could not care less and want to support the players we have.
Take a breather, think before you type and lets get on with supporting our team.

COYW

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: MJG on September 10, 2012, 01:40:35 PM
The DDL can now be disbanded as he has gone.
No need for Fulham fans to fall out over a player who made the decision to leave our club, he is a hero to some and a zero for others.

Most could not care less and want to support the players we have.
Take a breather, think before you type and lets get on with supporting our team.

COYW

yes indeed..... :medal:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

BarryP

Quote from: Reindeer on September 10, 2012, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: BarryP on September 10, 2012, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on September 10, 2012, 11:57:24 AM

You also come across as a bitter little nark, with your personal rantings, a trait that is becoming all too familiar from our US fanbase.  The fact that you sit there watching the occasional game on TV, with a bowl of nachos on your belly, doesn't give you the right to have a personal go at me for questioning your position in this debate.  I don't know you or wish to know you, I simply put up a reply to your claim against the integrity of our manger and chairman.

You both should remember that when an individual makes a post that does not align with your personal view of a situation you are not entitled to respond with personal insults but your post Reindeer seems to slander every US fan and an entire country.

QuoteYou also come across as a bitter little nark, with your personal rantings, a trait that is becoming all too familiar from our US fanbase.  The fact that you sit there watching the occasional game on TV, with a bowl of nachos on your belly, doesn't give you the right to have a personal go at me for questioning your position in this debate.  I don't know you or wish to know you, I simply put up a reply to your claim against the integrity of our manger and chairman.

As a fan from the "US fanbase" I will tell you that I watch more than the occasional match and before the nice link threads to the matches I used to spends hours trying to find a decent stream. Also, I am extremely insulted by the fat joke.  So if you get more than a few irritated responses to your insults try not to be too surprised and do try to read the forum rules below.  I added them just in case you missed them before.

Rules for Posting
SECTION 1
Under no circumstances will topics on following be considered acceptable:

A - POLITICS
       B - RACIST REMARKS
       C - SEXIST REMARKS
       D - HOMOPHOBIC REMARKS
       E - SECTARIAN / RELIGIOUS ABUSE
       F - TERMINAL ILLNESS
      G - PERSONAL ABUSE / BULLYING / SLANDER
       H - POSITIVE REMARKS ABOUT ERNIE CLAY

It is understood that from time to time especially on a football forum subjects such as the Hillsborough or Heysel Disaster, Bradford Park Fire, Munich Air Disaster et al will arise. We ask that any discussion is to remain respectful at all times due to the sensitive nature of the topic.

Please remember this is a public domain, an opinion or the re-emergence of such sensitive topics can open old wounds for so many friends, relatives, and loved ones.

The Fulham philosophy is to always adopt a common sense approach when addressing any issues.
SECTION 2

Suggested Member guidelines:

TEXT TALK - Whilst not banned, text talk is frowned upon in some quarters, its confusing for some users. Please apply common sense, some abbreviations are understandable whilst others are not. Always try to refrain from replying to posts in text language.
   CAPITALS - Please refrain from using them constantly, again in some quarters this is frowned upon. Some people consider it to be "SHOUTlNG". You wouldnt shout your opinion in a conversation so please dont do it on here. We dont mind members posting in Capitals for emphasis however.
   OVERSIZE SIGNATURES - We ask you to keep them to a reasonable size.
   MULTIPLE THREADS - We ask members not to start multiple threads on the same subject.
   SMILEY FACES - We have no objections to their use but please dont go overboard.
   RIVAL SUPPORTERS - Whilst FoF is predominantly a Fulham community, the views and opinions from supporters of rival clubs are both welcomed and appreciated (the exception being Alan Green - no one should take any notice of him). Of course, banter has always been a key theme of FoF but if we find it to be abusive, the offenders will be dealt with swiftly.
   SWEARING - Please try to avoid swearing, trying to disguise the words is also not acceptable either. We are aware that a degree of mild swearing will crop up from time to time, and left on or removed at the moderators discretion given the context.

These rules are not written in stone but they are what we expect of our members.

Younger members are not to be discouraged so we must make you aware that it is predominantly an adult forum.

Furthermore its worth noting that when a discussion reaches a dead end or loggerhead. We have found it much better from experience to simply Agree To Disagree.

On behalf of the whole Friends of Fulham team please feel a wholehearted welcome. Please remember, all are welcome to join and enjoy this little piece of cyber bliss, look after it, meet the locals and discover whats involved in the Fulham experience.

"Now that is an asinine comment. You have no idea what "my biggest fear is" so I'll tell you: irritating, obnoxious individuals such as yourself. I was here long before Dempsey and will be here as long as the "Friends of Fulham" I've grown to know & respect remain the decent folks they are.

Sorry mods. I know nothing should be personal so my apologies to all but this pointed headed, four legged creature."

I guess the above doesn't constitute bullying or slander then?

Of course it does.  If you had read the post carefully you would have noted I did not exclude Jim and two wrongs still do not make a right.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Yellow Jacket

There is an obvious disconnect between the US supporters and UK (and the rest of the world) supporters. The Dempsey situation just literally just provided a battleground to see how many scalps one can claim. I can understand that one side may feel bad that a certain section of supporters may not be fans of the club but of certain players but I don't see why people would have a shot but it does reveal a deep seated dislike for the US fanbase of the club. On the occasion, I do go to the Cottage. I wear my Dempsey shirt and I try to remain under the radar. Don't talk much, have a nice drink and meal at a local pub then go to the stadium and watch the match. Support the club by myself.

The best solution here is to no longer sign any Americans as a result, no Americans will become a supporter. Then let the current ones die off. :dft012:

Alternative

Interesting article. Not sure it will be the last word though.

Anyway, Dempsey was without doubt a key player for Fulham. He was definitely no 'one season wonder' either. He was very robust as well as prolific but not showy in either his play or demeanour.

He was not missed at Norwich but long term his absence could have more impact than Zamora who I was glad to see the back of.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on September 10, 2012, 02:56:15 PM
There is an obvious disconnect between the US supporters and UK (and the rest of the world) supporters. The Dempsey situation just literally just provided a battleground to see how many scalps one can claim. I can understand that one side may feel bad that a certain section of supporters may not be fans of the club but of certain players but I don't see why people would have a shot but it does reveal a deep seated dislike for the US fanbase of the club. On the occasion, I do go to the Cottage. I wear my Dempsey shirt and I try to remain under the radar. Don't talk much, have a nice drink and meal at a local pub then go to the stadium and watch the match. Support the club by myself.

The best solution here is to no longer sign any Americans as a result, no Americans will become a supporter. Then let the current ones die off. :dft012:

This assumes that all US supporters are all alike and all UK supporters are alike and the two groups are antagonistic. There is clearly a spectrum of supporters in both camps. The majority in both camps will be silent or quiet. We tend to remember the most extreme examples.

The problems seem to have arisen when the extreme Dempsey fan-boys said something like "Dempsey is the best player Fulham have ever had", "Dempsey is an honourable man" or "the truth will come out", particularly in a context that is provocative, or when they started blaming Jol or MAF for the whole situation. That sort of stuff is bound to create a reaction. And then those fan-boys saying that the reaction is just because he is/we are American just pours petrol on the flames.

It is perfectly fine to be a fan of an individual player, home or overseas, but if you are then you have to try to be realistic about the quality of the player. There were similar issues on the old Cottage Corner when Halliche arrived. Most people on the message board are fans of the club and have and will be here through all the comings and goings of individual players. Most find excessive love of one player to the point of denigrating the club whatever the player does irritating if not offensive.

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on September 10, 2012, 03:42:47 PM
Quote from: Yellow Jacket on September 10, 2012, 02:56:15 PM

This assumes that all US supporters are all alike and all UK supporters are alike and the two groups are antagonistic. There is clearly a spectrum of supporters in both camps. The majority in both camps will be silent or quiet. We tend to remember the most extreme examples.

The problems seem to have arisen when the extreme Dempsey fan-boys said something like "Dempsey is the best player Fulham have ever had", "Dempsey is an honourable man" or "the truth will come out", particularly in a context that is provocative, or when they started blaming Jol or MAF for the whole situation. That sort of stuff is bound to create a reaction. And then those fan-boys saying that the reaction is just because he is/we are American just pours petrol on the flames.

It is perfectly fine to be a fan of an individual player, home or overseas, but if you are then you have to try to be realistic about the quality of the player. There were similar issues on the old Cottage Corner when Halliche arrived. Most people on the message board are fans of the club and have and will be here through all the comings and goings of individual players. Most find excessive love of one player to the point of denigrating the club whatever the player does irritating if not offensive.

1. I never assumed that all supporters on either side of the Atlantic is the same but there it's not like we're all brothers in arms here. It's like a gathering and you keep one at arms length. To be fair, I don't have any connection with Fulham fans and I don't consider any other Fulham supporter a friend. That's because I'm just now hanging around the general fanbase and not necessarily supporting the team in total solitude like I've done for years. However, I tend to be more sympathetic towards the US support because as an American, I do understand the tightrope that US supporters walk. If you don't like the American supporters then that is perfectly fine because at the end of the day, I support the club and not necessarily the supporters.

You are wrong in the respect that everyone is remembered including the extreme. Everybody on this forum I'm sure has in their mind what side of the "battle" that each member is on. Some may not engage but I'm sure there are sympathizers like myself.

2. The problems arise when certain people take things out of context and people are actually willing to not participate in a witch hunt. The supposed "Dempsey Defense League" can't be true if the members aren't defending. You can't defend unless you (in this case Dempsey) was attacked first. Both parties were wrong and it was the best option to wait and see. Now, Dempsey has always been crapped on (He dives too much, he always looks disinterested, takes too many wild shots etc..). That's the nature of the beast but it was held back a little due to his contributions to the club. Now, all bets are off because of his situation.

3. It's perfectly fine to be a fan of a player in silence. However, instead of trying to make people realistic which I think people are doing for the most part. Those who aren't really can't be helped. I suggest you should try not to belittle him. Now, I believe people really believed he is a crappy player and he was a very lucky boy but to be honest. If he wasn't 29 or an American then the £6m received for him could have easily become at least £10m that he's truly worth when it comes to assessing his talents and abilities.

Now, I would perhaps be more forgiving of the criticism as I would believe it's not entirely unfounded if it was last summer. He showed he has really refined his game last season. You're really stretching the support for him. I do believe he has been a top 5 PL era player for Fulham. Very influential player if nothing else and Fulham will be a bottom half team this year, I reckon. If nothing else because the competition has gotten better overall. I hope he does great things for Tottenham, if nothing else to enrage certain people on this board. Dembele (who people are very quick to glorify) heaped praise on Dempsey as a teammate again just like Murphy did post Chelsea match. I would trust their opinion of teammates than any of us.

Black, White and Fred

Hi Mods,

I usually hate when threads are locked for a little heated debate, but this is no longer a debate and much more of a slaging match
(He Said/She said/ I Didn't Say/ Why did you say etc). This is one is actually ripe for a locking. If you two have such issue with one another make it a personal chat and try and work things out. We are all in the same boat, just different sides of the pond.  :protest card:
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

We could have a stickie thread at the top "for those still interested in discussing Dempsey" and everyone else can move on...

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on September 10, 2012, 05:22:34 PM
We could have a stickie thread at the top "for those still interested in discussing Dempsey" and everyone else can move on...

I like that idea
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

NogoodBoyo

That Ernie Clay - what a legend he was.
Nogood "can't lock a Clay-mentioning thread, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

Quote from: 1879 on September 10, 2012, 05:16:44 PM
Hi Mods,

I usually hate when threads are locked for a little heated debate, but this is no longer a debate and much more of a slaging match
(He Said/She said/ I Didn't Say/ Why did you say etc). This is one is actually ripe for a locking. If you two have such issue with one another make it a personal chat and try and work things out. We are all in the same boat, just different sides of the pond.  :protest card:

Speaking only for myself, there seems to be some value to this debate in that it does bring to the surface some of the underlying resentment that some have over Dempsey (both sides) and I feel if we locked it, it would pop up somewhere else. As long is it doesn't get any more personal, then probably ok to keep it open.

Once Dempsey has been gone for awhile I think this stuff will die down. Those that were here only for him have left the building already and the rest will stay and support the team.

The one thing I always marvel at with this board is that it often is self-moderated or moderated by members so we don't have to act and many times we are notified behind the scenes, so I and I'm sure the other Mods appreciate your comments as they are consistent with the good nature of our membership. Thanks!