watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Real Deal' / 'Finished Product' signings

Started by Andy_M, September 17, 2012, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_M

Was thinking over the weekend after Berbatov's performance just showed the pure quality and class he has who was the last 'real deal' / 'finished product' signing we last made?

We have seen some quality players over the Al Fayed era - Saha, Dempsey, Dembele, Hangeland, Murphy, Duff etc. But to answer my own question the last 'real deal' / 'finished product' signing we have made was Van Der Sar. (Although I spose you could class people like Petric and Diarra in that category but I have discounted them as they were signed for free).

Thoughts? Have I missed anyone?

Just proves that although we all agree youth is needed for the team to progress that the odd singing of a pure class player in their early 30's should be the gamble a team like us takes more often.
@got_maile

Lighthouse

The sign of real class and one few players have is the way some players seem to be always in space. If you look at Berbatov he has acres of space around him most of the time. Players can have speed and trickery. But few have that 'bubble' they create. If you know what I mean?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy_M

I do indeed know what you mean Lighthouse. Berbatov is pure class and it is a pleasure to see him in the white and black!
@got_maile

domprague

AJ?

Loved watching how Berbatov shifted his weight as Kaca's pass came to him so he was perfectly balanced for the shot. There were a few Bulgarian flags flying in the Putney end so it looks like he is bringing in some new fans.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.