watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - advice on alcoholism

Started by aFFCn_Fan, September 17, 2012, 09:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

First, I don't have a problem with agony aunt threads.  They make a refreshing change from doing Jol's job for him in picking the team.
Regarding advice, this bloke is clearly one under-arm hair away from a nuclear attack.  Get him out of there as fast as you can.
Nogood "there's vicious and Maria callous you , isit" Boyo

King_Crud

yep, no problems with this thread and glad there had been some good replies. Personally I think we should have a NFR section, i find it more interesting than another thread of "here's the formation i think we should have next week"

VicHalomsLovechild

The advice here is all good. On the one hand, he has to want to stop. Nobody can help him make that decision and I guess from my experience, many would have tried before you. The other advice is aimed at you, wash your hands of the situation. After all it's not your problem. You have to decide whether you do the later or if your conscience won't allow, be involved in a situation that you will have little control of but your feelings towards a fellow human being in trouble won't let you walk away.
Either way You have to make a decision about what You are going to do. Tough, seeing as it's not a situation of your making.

PS Hats off to you MrSka and anybody else on here beating a demon. A very tough fight, particularly as many people don't see Alcoholism or Depression etc as diseases just a selfish trait. 

Logicalman

When I was married the first time round we used to let out rooms to help pay the mortgage. One of the tenants had the same problems as you are describing, and we did what we could to first look after him, and then persuade him that he needed help. He continued to refuse such help and in the end we had to terminate his lease with us. Sad day for all, and, since falling foul of the disease myself some 15 years ago, I regret not being able to do more for the guy.

But for all those that are inflicted with this, there is a future, I can tell you. I gave up for 10 years, completely sober, and can now drink socially and I usually nominate myself as the 'driver' - so stick with it. Kudos Deano.

Sorry if some believe this type of thread has no place on the MB, I understand your point of view, but I firmly believe that as we all Friends of Fulham, then we are friends to each other, the Fulham family if you like, and like any other family, we choose to speak or ignore others, and we can each share.