watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Fulham Memories

Started by valdeingruo, September 19, 2012, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Allan Clarke, yeah that is a good memory. I was really upset that we had just let Rodney Marsh go but they then signed Allan and I soon forgot my upset. Some said that they used the money they got for Rodney (15,000 I think) to go towards the £35,000 they paid for Allan. If you remember, they did'nt play him at first but once he got going, there was no stopping him.

keith

I remember going to the FA cup game at home to Macclesfield in 67/68.I was standing at the Putney end,and expected Fulham to score at least Six.Well,we won  in the end 4-2,but,if my memory serves me right,we were 2-1 down at HT.The ground seemed full of Macclesfield supporters in Blue and White scarves and hats.Allan Clarke scored Two that day,and we were awarded a penalty which turned the game because we were losing at the time.I think the penalty was a dubious decision,as it was debated on Match of the day that night.Oh,and that song "Give us a goal Allan Clarke",was to the tune of"Give it to me, give it to me,all your love,all your love".Which was a song by?.Anybody any idea who sang it?.Yardbirds maybe?Or Spencer Davis?.Please someone,put me out of my misery!!!.

keith

Re my post above.I`ve just googled it,it was by the Troggs.

mr-ska

Three young Fulham supporters in 1979  Mr ska   otterffc  and big Sister...  already had a few games under our belts  by then.. still going 33 years later  COYW's

filham

Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2012, 07:07:00 PM
I cant remember to much about my first game Fulham v Luton Town (were you watching HD) I do know we won 2-1 with Ronnie Rooke scoring one but that meant I was a Fulham Supporter.

The first memory is our game against West Ham in 1949 which saw us promoted into the old First Division, we won 2-0 and I can remember being amazed at how such a large crowd could be assembled in one place.

Like Corked Hat, I saw Johnny Haynes first game for us against Southampton on Boxing Day in 1952, we drew 2-2.

Then of course there was the memorable cup game against Newcastle Utd, we lost 5-4 but were gallant losers.

As has been said there was the 10-1 victory in 1963, I was there.

Our first Floodlit game at The Cottage which we won 4-1 against Sheff Wed.

I must be getting a bit boring now so I will just say that I have had the pleasure of watch Fulham right up to now through good and bad, it has certainley a been a pleasure.
Hello Peabody,your Fulham lifespan andmemories are about the same as mine.
My best memory has to be that defeat to Newcastle in the Cup. I was right behind the goal when Keeble barged Black over the goaline for their equaliser and swear to this day that Black's feet were a foot off the ground at the moment of impact, We were unlucky.

Now I think you will agree that the recent Juventus victory runs the Newcastle defeat a very close second in the list of memorable memories.

JHaynes Paperboy

Attendance Dec.26th, 1963 Fulham 10-1 Ipswich  19,374.
Quote from: whiteburp on September 19, 2012, 07:34:21 PM
like a lot of people jon mitchell last minute extra time semi final replay maine rd v birmingham,we went mad ! Funny id like to know the attendance at that 10-1 win ipswich because everyone i knew couldnt get there that day me included  !

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I remember watching  Eddie Lewis in a training session, take 30 or so freekicks.  He must have score half a dozen of them and then had to go round the back of the goal and collect the balls himself.

The glorious life of a professional footballer....

Peabody

Quote from: filham on September 27, 2012, 12:18:16 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 19, 2012, 07:07:00 PM
I cant remember to much about my first game Fulham v Luton Town (were you watching HD) I do know we won 2-1 with Ronnie Rooke scoring one but that meant I was a Fulham Supporter.

The first memory is our game against West Ham in 1949 which saw us promoted into the old First Division, we won 2-0 and I can remember being amazed at how such a large crowd could be assembled in one place.

Like Corked Hat, I saw Johnny Haynes first game for us against Southampton on Boxing Day in 1952, we drew 2-2.

Then of course there was the memorable cup game against Newcastle Utd, we lost 5-4 but were gallant losers.

As has been said there was the 10-1 victory in 1963, I was there.

Our first Floodlit game at The Cottage which we won 4-1 against Sheff Wed.

I must be getting a bit boring now so I will just say that I have had the pleasure of watch Fulham right up to now through good and bad, it has certainley a been a pleasure.
Hello Peabody,your Fulham lifespan andmemories are about the same as mine.
My best memory has to be that defeat to Newcastle in the Cup. I was right behind the goal when Keeble barged Black over the goaline for their equaliser and swear to this day that Black's feet were a foot off the ground at the moment of impact, We were unlucky.

Now I think you will agree that the recent Juventus victory runs the Newcastle defeat a very close second in the list of memorable memories.

I was stood on what is now the Riverside Stand but was then a Terrace, just below the half time scoreboard for the Newcastle game and I agree about its ranking with the Juventus game but I also think it is third behind the Hamburg game.