Started by sunburywhite, September 20, 2012, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Berba No:9 on September 21, 2012, 10:32:15 PM
I will only bother one more time. Don't really know why, but there:

Stats from Wikipedia and NBC

04/05 - Mostly on the bench or injured /26 appearances- 5 goals in the PL/
05/06 - Broken toe. Misses chunks of the season. 8 goals
06/07 - Fractured the fifth metatarsal in Jan. Missed most of the season. 13 goals in All competitions
07/08 - Injured for 2 months in the beginning, comes back in Dec, plays 45 min, gets an injury misses the most of the season. Still 13 goals
08/09 - 11 goals + 11 assists in the PL. 20 in all
09/10 - November 14th- Injured! Out for 5 months. 9 goals
10/11 - 18 goals. He's Arsenal's penalty taker. This is the season Berba had 21 by Jan, with no single penalty taken, before being dropped completely on the bench
11/12 - Top scorer with 30 goals. Excellent season and the season I was referring to

On a different note, I come on here taking the time and making the effort to register, read and comment on your football clubs' forum. Hoping to learn about it and share my thoughts on one of the greatest Bulgarian footballers of our time and I'm being told by you- I'm not welcome here!? Acting up after people got all excited about his excellent start to his Fulham career?
It's a rhetorical question, don't feel the need to answer.

Can't believe I wasted 5 min of my life to do this. Please don't bother responding to my post. It'd probably be some childish - " you know nothing, your comments make no sense, I'm a die hard Fulham fan, I know it all..."

Now where is the ignore button...

Yes football is just stats... did you check if Arsene Wenger considered in the same 8 year period Bergkamp (up to 06), Thierry Henry (till 07), Freddie Ljungberg (07) and most recently Adebayor (till 11) ahead of mr RVP in the staring line-up? Or more like are you aware when was the time the player in discussion started being the striker up top who everyone expected to score goals and if he played another role before that?

Maybe for some reason you don't realise players develope over the course of their career or sometimes change their positions and the team around them changes and the focus is put somewhere else...

You are saying it yourself - your info provides two years where he 'misses most of the season... still scores 13 goals' - is that a good or a bad season in your honest opinion and does it mean if he played all of the season he wouldn't score 30? In the same time the seasons where Berbatov goes without injuries and ends up with 15 goals is a steady success for you?

Have we come to what i was hinting about - certain player bias or what?

ffcbulgaria

As to your note. I have never said you are not welcome. But be more realistic and attempt to put aside your favoritism for Berbatov when posting. You can't ignore lets say the contribution of Kacaniklic who made both of his goals and just heap the praise on the scorer when he himself was obviously grateful for what the youngster did.

Like I've said i don't mind you posting anything but statements of the sort that he's the "most expensive signing ever" for Fulham without bothering to check yet spending all of the 5 minutes to copy RVP's injury records...

jazz hardrockin

So,you don't love the beautiful game? You are in love with Google and statistics.How lonely...lol.....
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

RidgeRider

I'm locking this thread in hopes that some of will understand that calling people "ignorant" or being otherwise disrespectful are not in keeping with this board's rules. Enough said. We have rules on this board that we expect everyone to keep in mind when posting.

Thank you.