Ratings vs. Wigan

Started by jazz hardrockin, September 22, 2012, 06:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Quote from: Senior Supporter on September 24, 2012, 01:28:05 PM
Quote from: Jambo on September 24, 2012, 01:15:25 PM
Quote from: nose on September 24, 2012, 01:04:08 PM
A mark of 7 for ruiz? Seriously?
I watched the whole game. This is the Ruiz, who casually and needlessly lost possession upfield, with most of or team in advanced positions, leading to a wigan break in which they almost equalise. For his so called assist, when he receives the ball in a position requiring a quick lay off instead ruiz incorrectly turns into trouble, he just manages to hang onto the ball and again he should lay the ball off then but even more stupidly tries again to go through two defenders also unsuccessfully! Becuase he is so slow in action he is then surrounded by wigan defenders and with no other option available he toe pokes the ball away, it may have been a pass to duff or it may just have been a luckynbreak for the team, either way it was a fluke that he had the last touch giving him a so called assist! I watched the incident several times to be sure i am being fair to the man. What i observed was not skill but good fortune.
What i saw was somebody attempting to be selfish, releasing the ball as a last resort, I also saw him almost cost us the game with wasteful and casual play. My mark for ruiz would have been 5- we were worse once he came on absolutely no doubt about that. Sorry if I don't agree with the majority view. Berbatov's cross was an assist, Ruiz would never have chipped that ball in for Hugo! He would have had to take on at least one player and turn at least twice before releasing it.

The man that can do no right.  I also "watched the whole game", I thought when he came on he did well, set up the 2nd (like it or not he did).  He did lose possession once that led to a chance but then gain I also remember Berba losing the ball a couple of times that led to Wigan attacks, but we won't mention that.  Flair and creative players do give the ball away more because they take risks.  Dickson Etuhu never (well not never but you know what I mean!!) gave the ball away much because he treated it like a hot potato and could not wait to offload to Murphy 5 yards away.

Whatever the opposite of rose tinted specs are you have it about Ruiz. 

"Blacked out specs" could be the phrase you are looking for.

Thank you Sir
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

NogoodBoyo

nose knows best:
"For his so called assist, when he receives the ball in a position requiring a quick lay off instead ruiz incorrectly turns into trouble, he just manages to hang onto the ball and again he should lay the ball off then but even more stupidly tries again to go through two defenders also unsuccessfully! Becuase he is so slow in action he is then surrounded by wigan defenders and with no other option available he toe pokes the ball away, it may have been a pass to duff or it may just have been a luckynbreak for the team, either way it was a fluke that he had the last touch giving him a so called assist!"

Great players with good ball control are never frightened of losing the ball temporarily when it's close to them.  Their speed of thought and action gets it back more often than not.  The late, greatest George Best was famous for actually flicking the ball at defenders' legs, bouncing it off their shins before toe-poking it to one of his team-mates for "assistance" to glorious opportunities.
Nogood "saving the Bestest till last, isit" Boyo
P.S.  Having been on this board since its difficult and soggy breach birth from the bowels of the old motherboard, you'd think I would have learned how to insert that blue box that identifies the post and poster to which I want to respond.  Is there a friendly Mod out there who wants to point me in the right direction?

fulhaman

From being at the game

01 Schwarzer > 9 Some great saves and one on one with the Wigan player came out and bossed the situation.
03 Riise         > 7 Made some good runs.
05 Hangeland > 8 A rock as always
06 Baird         > 7 Played well. And plays for every ball. Though didn't do any think amazing.
18 Hughes      > 9 Quality takles when needed.
27 Riether       > 6 I felt Wigan tried to go down his side more. And seemed every time to get a cross in. Felt he could of done better.
07 Sidwell       > 6 ok performance
16 Duff           > 9 The best player of the day his runs were quality and came at the right times.
31 Kacaniklic   > 6 Did ok should of scored his chance.
09 Berbatov    > 9 Some of the stuff he did was fantastic. He is so slick and cool on the ball I want to make love to him.
20 Rodallega   > 7 Great workrate a better version of aj. And les likly to be injured.

CanadianCottager

I watched the whole game. This is the Ruiz, who casually and needlessly lost possession upfield, with most of or team in advanced positions, leading to a wigan break in which they almost equalise. For his so called assist, when he receives the ball in a position requiring a quick lay off instead ruiz incorrectly turns into trouble, he just manages to hang onto the ball and again he should lay the ball off then but even more stupidly tries again to go through two defenders also unsuccessfully! Becuase he is so slow in action he is then surrounded by wigan defenders and with no other option available he toe pokes the ball away, it may have been a pass to duff or it may just have been a luckynbreak for the team, either way it was a fluke that he had the last touch giving him a so called assist! I watched the incident several times to be sure i am being fair to the man. What i observed was not skill but good fortune.
What i saw was somebody attempting to be selfish, releasing the ball as a last resort, I also saw him almost cost us the game with wasteful and casual play. My mark for ruiz would have been 5- we were worse once he came on absolutely no doubt about that. Sorry if I don't agree with the majority view. Berbatov's cross was an assist, Ruiz would never have chipped that ball in for Hugo! He would have had to take on at least one player and turn at least twice before releasing it.

Have to agree with Nose, Ruiz is absolute rubbish in possession. How come all of our other attacking players have notched goals so far and Ruiz hasn't? I'll tell you why, its because Ruiz is too scared in possession to dribble the minimum of 3 players he has marking him whenever he gets into the final third, so he immediately shuffles it off like a coward to whichever player has been left unmarked due to the other teams unjustifiably excessive attention to him (as if he was anymore of an attacking threat than Orlando Sa). Need any statistical evidence? Explain how else Ruiz has more assists than any other player in the Prem minus Eden Hazard despite only playing 202 minutes. Flair player and lightweight at its most essential, any player who costs circa 10 million pounds should at least be able to match Lionel Messi's goal tally for the season.

RidgeRider

What I saw was a man who dribbled through a crowd of 3 players, just outside the box, and while nearly falling down in that crowd was able to make a nice pass that Duff put away. Fantastic assist. Not sure how this was missed by those who continue to rubbish his play.

zzamora

Quote from: CanadianCottager on September 24, 2012, 06:57:45 PM

Have to agree with Nose, Ruiz is absolute rubbish in possession. How come all of our other attacking players have notched goals so far and Ruiz hasn't? I'll tell you why, its because Ruiz is too scared in possession to dribble the minimum of 3 players he has marking him whenever he gets into the final third, so he immediately shuffles it off like a coward to whichever player has been left unmarked due to the other teams unjustifiably excessive attention to him (as if he was anymore of an attacking threat than Orlando Sa). Need any statistical evidence? Explain how else Ruiz has more assists than any other player in the Prem minus Eden Hazard despite only playing 202 minutes. Flair player and lightweight at its most essential, any player who costs circa 10 million pounds should at least be able to match Lionel Messi's goal tally for the season.

You answer you're own criticizm of Ruiz:He's just got 3 assists instead. Assists are just as important as goals- somebody got to be the creative influence in a team, and look how we missed him vs West Ham! "any player who costs circa 10 million pounds should at least be able to match Lionel Messi's goal tally for the season" Even defenders? Goalkeepers? Defensive mids? One of the worst statements I've seen on this board for a long long time/

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ddeuce on September 24, 2012, 09:43:11 PM

You answer you're own criticizm of Ruiz:He's just got 3 assists instead. Assists are just as important as goals- somebody got to be the creative influence in a team, and look how we missed him vs West Ham! "any player who costs circa 10 million pounds should at least be able to match Lionel Messi's goal tally for the season" Even defenders? Goalkeepers? Defensive mids? One of the worst statements I've seen on this board for a long long time/

WHOOOOOSHH

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhaman on September 24, 2012, 03:29:51 PM
From being at the game

01 Schwarzer > 9 Some great saves and one on one with the Wigan player came out and bossed the situation.
03 Riise         > 7 Made some good runs.
05 Hangeland > 8 A rock as always
06 Baird         > 7 Played well. And plays for every ball. Though didn't do any think amazing.
18 Hughes      > 9 Quality takles when needed.
27 Riether       > 6 I felt Wigan tried to go down his side more. And seemed every time to get a cross in. Felt he could of done better.
07 Sidwell       > 6 ok performance
16 Duff           > 9 The best player of the day his runs were quality and came at the right times.
31 Kacaniklic   > 6 Did ok should of scored his chance.
09 Berbatov    > 9 Some of the stuff he did was fantastic. He is so slick and cool on the ball I want to make love to him.
20 Rodallega   > 7 Great workrate a better version of aj. And les likly to be injured.

At last someone who talks sense and watches the game.

Berserker

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 24, 2012, 01:47:31 PM

P.S.  Having been on this board since its difficult and soggy breach birth from the bowels of the old motherboard, you'd think I would have learned how to insert that blue box that identifies the post and poster to which I want to respond.  Is there a friendly Mod out there who wants to point me in the right direction?

Mr Boyo, to get a blue quote box round something you have to make sure at the beginning there is [] with quote written in it, next type what you want quoted,  then at the end put  [/] with quote written after the forward slash but before the final bracket.

Or if you want to just quote part of something somebody else has said, press the quote botton, then preview button, next in the edit box just delete the part of other person's quote that is written after the first set of brackets [] and before the last set of brackets [/quote]

Example of something I made up

Ha Ha ha - Mr No Good 'quote is it' Boyo

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Riise had a picnic and a scratch and then a smoke before he was robbed for their goal. Yet a mistake that led to a goal means he made one mistake. People rightly think he did ok in the match. Ruiz, on the other hand, whose skill led to our second goal is 'rubbish in possession, wasteful and carless'.

Now really I know we all see the game differently. But the most talented player at the club along with Berbatov is 'rubbish in possession, wasteful and careless'. Oh hush my mouth.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 24, 2012, 11:56:36 PM
Riise had a picnic and a scratch and then a smoke before he was robbed for their goal. Yet a mistake that led to a goal means he made one mistake. People rightly think he did ok in the match. Ruiz, on the other hand, whose skill led to our second goal is 'rubbish in possession, wasteful and carless'.

Now really I know we all see the game differently. But the most talented player at the club along with Berbatov is 'rubbish in possession, wasteful and careless'. Oh hush my mouth.

Lofty,  he (JAR) made more than one but people seem to love defenders  that bomb forward  and overlook  their overlooking their defensive duties ................ innit !!

For the record Ruiz is a class act

jmh

I thought Hughes was noticeably worse than his normally steady performance.  Giving him a 9 is way off the mark.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: ddeuce on September 24, 2012, 09:43:11 PM

That was sarcasm my friend, I guess I deserved that for being a smart-a** though ahaha. For me Ruiz is a standout player, probably among the best playmakers plying their trade in the Prem right now.

HatterDon

Quote from: jmh on September 25, 2012, 12:06:52 AM
I thought Hughes was noticeably worse than his normally steady performance.  Giving him a 9 is way off the mark.

Hey, stranger!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel