Fergie's Secret Spying Mission On £14 Million Smalling

Started by White Noise, January 28, 2010, 10:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fergie's Small secret is out

By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

Add a comment (5)

ALEX FERGUSON went on a secret mission to London to clinch the £14million signing of Chris Smalling.

Manchester United's crafty boss sneaked into White Hart Lane on Tuesday night then held face-to-face talks with the Fulham defender after the 2-0 loss at Tottenham.

Delighted Fergie is now celebrating the capture of football's hottest young star from under Arsenal's noses.

Ferguson abandoned his own team's preparations on the eve of last night's titanic Carling Cup semi against Man City to fly to London and make a personal plea to Smalling.

The Premier League champions had to cough up an extra £2m to win the battle with Arsenal for a player dubbed the new Rio Ferdinand.

Centre-half Smalling, 20, underwent a medical at Old Trafford yesterday.

But he must wait until next season to pull on a United shirt under the terms of the deal - which rises to £14m depending on appearances and whether he plays for England.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2827631/Fergies-Small-secret-is-out.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football#ixzz0du441bZV

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

£14 Million????? this just gets better and better ;D

Sector9

This is great business. I hope we see the return of this money though, because last January after the sale of Bullard I was expecting someone to come in for similar money, but alas nothing..

Assuming we have £12million now then I really hope Roy brings someone in.

Logicalman

If this carries on, by Saturday we'll be getting 20 Mill for the guy.

JBH

14 MILLION!! thats even more than we mugged them for when they brought SAHA! ;D

scotty

is £14 Million official? Surely it's not that high  :o

Fernhurst

Fergie has MI5 trying to crush these scurrilous rumours emanating from the smoke that Chris Smalling is in fact........ Zat Knights cousin.