more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Terry Punishment

Started by Black, White and Fred, September 27, 2012, 03:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 27, 2012, 05:16:36 PM

He should simply have been charged with being John Terry and banned for life.

+1
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Burt

Quite a steep fine, by the FA's standards. It is probably only a week's wages to JT though...

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 27, 2012, 03:27:08 PM
Oh Dear God the injustice. Here is a man who has diligently captained his Country and club who was proven innocent by the law of the land. Now the ............ 064.gif. NO can't go on. He did what he did and was lucky the law coundn't prove he said what he said when he said it. Nasty bit of work. But he will try to appeal no doubt. The greatest shame is that this man was ever Englands Captain.

filham

He was not proven guilty by the law of the land which is a lot different than being proven innocent.

CanadianCottager

Tony Gilroy for FA Chairman!

CanadianCottager

Quote from: mr-ska on September 27, 2012, 05:22:01 PM
Choc ICE means white on the inside  and black on the outside....  i thought we were all the same no matter what colour we were.

Dont get me wrong  i dont like John Terry, but i also dont believe for one second that he is a racist.  I believe he's getting shafted left right and centre..  some deserved.. some not.  But i will stand up and be counted when i believe he is not being treated fairly.

I don't think he's a racist either, at least no more a racist than Luis Suarez. Doesn't mean that both of them aren't nasty characters though. At least the FA is being consistent.

alexbishop

If John Terry was charged with what the FA charged him with then any other employer would consider that to be gross misconduct and he would be fired, end of. how can they justify a weeks wages and 4 games? What message does that send?

Should have been 10 games and no wages for the length of his ban.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mr-ska

And Rio Ferdinands CHOC ICE jibe.. whether tweeted or re-tweeted...  it offends me.. if we're gonna get silly about stuff;;

mr-ska

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: epsomraver on September 27, 2012, 04:53:05 PM
Terry was NOT charged with racial abuse as was Suarez, he was charged with using insulting words and relating to a players skin  colour and racial origins, pick the bones out of that!

Really?.... How educational I've found your comment ..lol

"Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four matches and fined £220,000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19723020
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

HatterDon

I won't believe he's racist until you convince me that his mother and mother-in-law refuse to shoplift in stores that are frequented by people of color.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FC Silver Fox

I'm a bit out of touch. Was it a plain chocolate or milk chocolate choc ice?  Did it have a streak of caramel on the inside?  Was it made with real cocoa or the artificial stuff some manufacturers use?  Never mind, this whole thing has put me right of choc ices anyway.
What about ice lollies?  Are you allowed to call someone a big ice lolly or is that considered homophobic?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

cebu

If JT could get his legal team to work something with 'Arry's legal team ... maybe he would get out of that too!   :Get Coat gif:

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 27, 2012, 06:57:31 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 27, 2012, 04:53:05 PM
Terry was NOT charged with racial abuse as was Suarez, he was charged with using insulting words and relating to a players skin  colour and racial origins, pick the bones out of that!

Really?.... How educational I've found your comment ..lol

"Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four matches and fined £220,000 for racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19723020

The BBC got it wrong, read the whole  article, it sounds better for the BBC to say racially abuse but that is not what he was charged with

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Raver is correct Terry was fined  for :  using insulting words which included a reference to Anton Ferdinand's colour or race

Westminster Magistrates Court acquitted  John Terry of racial abuse which contained 24 mentions of the word "c^nt".  Anton Ferdinand and Terry had spat at each other during a Premier League football match last October

What is interesting (as John Barnes pointed out) As Anton's mother  is white,  his is  also white

epsomraver

Thank you for your support. I have heard first hand accounts from people who have been on the end of Terry's abuse and he has used  racist remarks to them,  but when people quote "facts" they must be correct.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I am surprised about that actually, if I had to bet I would have said he was not,  as the majority of his age group and younger do not 'see' colour .................but then I am one of those pesky oldies who liked the terraces  and standing,  
three o'clock Saturday and the smell of pee and bovril   :023:

PS .....................forgot the roasted chestnuts !!!.

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: epsomraver on September 27, 2012, 09:47:32 PM
Thank you for your support. I have heard first hand accounts from people who have been on the end of Terry's abuse and he has used  racist remarks to them,  but when people quote "facts" they must be correct.

Tell that to BBC and other media that use the same words.Or better yet, give as your definition on racial abuse.
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

epsomraver

:bang head: :bang head:
Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 27, 2012, 11:47:02 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 27, 2012, 09:47:32 PM

Tell that to BBC and other media that use the same words.Or better yet, give as your definition on racial abuse.
:bang head: :bang head: