watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Vs Manchester City - Match Tread

Started by Azeedo, September 29, 2012, 02:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Jimbobob

Albert Einstein quote about being a fan of the Fulham Football Club:

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different results.
Or watching the end of a match and expecting a different result...always the late goal conceded... fp.gif :Get Coat gif: :bang head:
Insanity...

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Bilet

City by far a better team, and they really should be. Only the GK on the bench wouldn't have walked straight into our starting lineup every day of the week.

Unlucky not to get a penalty when Kaca hit the ball from the left wing and it clearly stroke Zabaletas arm as he was tackling to clear.

Lighthouse

Well beaten and we were flattered by the result. Look at who they brought on. But lets not blame Ruiz or Sidwell or Rodders  or whoever. Fact is we just are not in this class. Sad to say we were just not on the same level. Over 70 per cent possession by City. I would have been sick in the old days that we were so below this level. But we look to be content to stay where we are in the Prem.

Southampton next week will be the real level we are at.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

To be fair, city played the best game of their season so far. The difference in individual quality and skills was too much. Berba would have given you a chance.. But only slight.. You need another one of his quality. Look for in Spain
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

jarv

Zavalleta had freedom on the right the whole match. Riise was swamped, perhaps Briggs should have come on late  (left midfield) to help stop Zav. Just saying! It's only one point lost anyway. Sidwell was terrific 2nd half, scrapped for everything.  Keep faith.

Berserker

Thought we did really well to keep it a draw until nearly the end, shame we conceded but  our team must have been worn out by then. The language from the Man City fans by me in P2 was shocking, especially as there were very small children say there.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BestOfBrede

We are rubbish and doomed - we can't beat a team that has billions to chuck at getting players! Don' know why MAF bother's

God The Mechanic

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 29, 2012, 06:09:03 PM
We are rubbish and doomed - we can't beat a team that has billions to chuck at getting players! Don' know why MAF bother's

Also, Ruiz got out-muscled by Yaya Toure a few times.  Utter.  Embarrassment.

Logicalman

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 29, 2012, 06:09:03 PM

Totally agree, lets sell the players, sell the ground and go back to tiddlywinks. To lose to a team like Citeh, utter embarrassment all round.

MJG

Just back from the game and thought it was a fair score in the end and could have been worse.
You look at City attack and its just a case of wearing down our defense. We had a couple of chances to get the second but could not take them and it was not to be.
nothing i think to get too worried about against the champions.

Berserker

I think they are definitely better than Man U at the moment

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RolandAJ

Quote from: Berserker on September 29, 2012, 07:01:10 PM
I think they are definitely better than Man U at the moment

I think "the moment" might last a year or so.  City is scary.

We nearly stole an undeserved point.  Next time. 

Roland
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

Berserker

I was really proud of our boys today. I don't care if other people think otherwise but i personally
was proud

- Martin Luther King Jr.

btings

I'm pretty sure the loss was my fault.

When the USMNT played in the World Cup, I used to invite friends over to eat pancakes and watch the matches.  Inevitably, the US got killed in these games.  (In contrast, the times when I just sat on a chair and drank beer, the US generally won.)  Over time I learned that pancakes = loss.

I was up early (7am California time) watching this one, and eventually my wife and son got up and came downstairs.  At some point in the second half my wife offered to cook pancakes for breakfast, and I was not really thinking and agreed.  She made them and served the two of them and I -- still not putting it together -- walked into the kitchen to get myself some pancakes.

Dzeko brought the hammer down while I was putting them on my plate.

So, this one's on me, and I'm really sorry.  I'll do better next time.  NO PANCAKES.

Berserker

Well i forgot to wear my lucky elephant earrings so it's probably my fault

- Martin Luther King Jr.