News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR--Guess who scored what ended up being the winning goal........

Started by LordNelson, September 29, 2012, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

.....for Spurs today in a historic win for them?????  Ya, that's right .....that boy you know who!   The one who's supposed to be riding the bench and who'll never start for them; blah blah f'in blah.  Damnit I wish he was still with us !!   starsnstripes 000en.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

LBNo11

...my former favourite player Horatio, but just like he lost interest with Fulham I have lost interest with him, he plays for spurs now as does Dembele, but I have more interest how Moussa does than our former No23 and quite a few will know why.

He is the past and we should look to our future...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LordNelson

From the beeb:  "Tottenham looked assured and totally in control with Dempsey and Mousa Dembele dominating in the centre against a largely ineffective Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes."
082.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Logicalman

Perhaps we should have a thread for every EX Fulham player that scores a goal, then. Or perhaps that is why this thread is on the EXiles area, though I hope I don't need to EXplain why, as I could become EXhausted by it all.

The boy wonder is past tense as a player of interest, unless he actually wants to return that is (open arms, open arms), and I guess, in due course of time, such an interest in other teams' players might wane a little.

On a day when our Fulham players did pretty well overall, even if they did lose, it's unfortunate that we still speak of those departed. I fully supported the guy since he came to Fulham's shores, as I did McGod, and Saha, but they all have something in common now.

LordNelson

I understand your angst and even share a bit of empathy but in my book, "That Boy" will always be Fulham no matter whose kit he is currently wearing because he did so much for us and to me epitomized what our club was (and is) about.   So, you may disagree with me, but when Demps succeeds, it brings credit to FFC.  That's why I have no problem posting a bit.

Logicalman

Quote from: LordNelson on September 29, 2012, 11:25:12 PM
I understand your angst and even share a bit of empathy but in my book, "That Boy" will always be Fulham no matter whose kit he is currently wearing because he did so much for us and to me epitomized what our club was (and is) about.   So, you may disagree with me, but when Demps succeeds, it brings credit to FFC.  That's why I have no problem posting a bit.

Yep, can't disagree with that, even if I wanted to, LN   :dft012:  :Haynes The Maestro:

BillNRoc

So many posters on the main board felt it necessary to put Demps down...all that 'he'll ride the Spurs bench' crapola...seems like so much sour grapes today.  His performance last night for the US MNT demonstrated what he brought to FFC, something no one in the current squad can match. As impressive as Berbatov is, no FFC player regularly does what Demps can do for team and for country. I wouldn't want to see him score a winner against us, but other than that I hope his career continues to progress.

McBridefan1

To be fair, the way the p**** left I can understand why fans are so dismissive of that boy. I still love him as he is one of my favorite all time players just behind McBizzle, but I understand my fulham brothas' disgust at the mention of his name. I wish demps well at the tot, but not against us.

BillNRoc

That boy Clint Dempsey did it again last weekend, demonstrating how little his deprecators at the main forum appreciate his skills and effort. He doesn't seem to have much difficulty being put in the starting lineup game after game, as some predicted he would.

Even with the brilliance of Berbatov and Ruiz's sparkling display vs Reading, I still think FFC would be a better team if Deuce were still part of it. I'm happy to applaud his success for Spurs and the USMNT, just hope we take at least 4 points from Spurs this season.

YankeeJim

I would think that an attacking threes of Berbatov, Ruiz and Demps would be a joy to watch. And with Moose feeding them........Eurp here we come!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

McBridefan1

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 30, 2012, 10:24:07 PM
I would think that an attacking threes of Berbatov, Ruiz and Demps would be a joy to watch. And with Moose feeding them........Eurp here we come!

I fervently wish it were so. To still have Demps Dembele and Berba... top 4 no question about it, but it wasn't meant to be... but man could that boy have been a real legend if he finished his European career in the black and white in the SW6

YankeeJim

As its said, "wish in one hand and poop in the other and see which hand gets full first". I've wondered if the club had picked up Berba a week or two earlier would the Dems have made a different decision?

LordNelson

LittleErn

Call me a nit-picker but it was the equaliser. Spurs drew.

YankeeJim

Quote from: LittleErn on January 20, 2013, 07:38:29 PM

Yep, your nit picking. Check the player ratings (Sky), Dempesey receieved a higher rating than Moose....again. It's better to aspire to more then it is to come in saying, let me use ya'll for a while.
Isn't it?

McBridefan1

Quote from: LittleErn on January 20, 2013, 07:38:29 PM

Fergie will pick him up next year and sit him like he did berbaslob, just so he won't have to face him... Lol.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: LordNelson on September 29, 2012, 11:25:12 PM
I understand your angst and even share a bit of empathy but in my book, "That Boy" will always be Fulham no matter whose kit he is currently wearing because he did so much for us and to me epitomized what our club was (and is) about.   So, you may disagree with me, but when Demps succeeds, it brings credit to FFC.  That's why I have no problem posting a bit.

That's how I feel.  He'll never be dead to me like he is to so many of the fans who post.  Well, maybe one day.  But not yet.