watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Romeo Castelen

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, September 30, 2012, 11:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

My hunch, Jol's new signing this week will be Romeo Castelen. As far as I know his contract ran out with Hamburger in June 2012, and is currently out of contract (?). He is a right midfielder. Romeo played under Jol at Hamburger in the 2008/9 season, has played for the Netherlands national team in world cup qualifiers and for one of Jol's earliest clubs, ADO Den Haag. He had a trial with Middlesborough in August.

Jambo

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on September 30, 2012, 11:34:36 AM
My hunch, Jol's new signing this week will be Romeo Castelen. As far as I know his contract ran out with Hamburger in June 2012, and is currently out of contract (?). He is a right midfielder. Romeo played under Jol at Hamburger in the 2008/9 season, has played for the Netherlands national team in world cup qualifiers and for one of Jol's earliest clubs, ADO Den Haag. He had a trial with Middlesborough in August.

The only doubt around that is that Jol said he was a holding midfielder.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

fulhamben

so he wasnt good enough for borro then.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Jambo on September 30, 2012, 12:17:39 PM

The only doubt around that is that Jol said he was a holding midfielder.

He was in the Hamburger squad as a midfielder. He is a right sided player, with experience of midfield and as a winger. Jol must know his capabilities, to play the holding midfield position. Having said this, I think our absolute priority is for quality and creativity in our central midfield; player(s) who can be inventive on the ball, to make the number and quality of forward passes and number and quality of balls into the opposition third of the pitch.

Zu-Meister

we've got the player to pass the ball in baird, we need someone to keep hold of the ball to play alongside him, normally diarra, but seeing that hes out, we've got sidwell, who is fairly average.

Hammer Smith

Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2012, 12:30:31 PM

Your comment is ill informed as he is a very good player but he has had a terrible injury record. You or I don't know what - or if any - contract terms was/were discussed with Middlesbrough and none of us know whether or not fitness-wise he is up to the job but just saying "he wasn't good enough for Boro" creates the impression that you know absolutely nothing about this player.

rusty shackleford

They acknowledged yesterday on the stream commentary that the player was thought to be mickael tavares

sunburywhite

If it is Tavares then Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ScalleysDad

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 30, 2012, 01:31:52 PM
If it is Tavares then Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel

So how does it feel to be the author/composer of a new chant? The 'woh wooh' bit will be interesting. If indeed he does sign up I can see that chant rivalling the Man U one that has "nick nack paddy wack" in it.
Lets hope there is a foreign player out there somewher called Razors or Rabid Dog or Upyours Horatio.

sunburywhite

Shame we don't have a player called Jackie Brown then we could have sung/chanted Across 110th Street
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ScalleysDad

fulhamben

Quote from: Hammer Smith on September 30, 2012, 12:46:37 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 30, 2012, 12:30:31 PM

Your comment is ill informed as he is a very good player but he has had a terrible injury record. You or I don't know what - or if any - contract terms was/were discussed with Middlesbrough and none of us know whether or not fitness-wise he is up to the job but just saying "he wasn't good enough for Boro" creates the impression that you know absolutely nothing about this player.
i know absolutley nothing about this player other than he had an unsuccessfull trial for a championship club. whether that was down to the fact he is injury prone, gash or is stupid enough to think championship players get silly money , i dont care. their is a reason its nearly ocyober and he does not have a club and that alone should set every alarm bell ringing. 

rusty shackleford

Diarra was without a club for 7 months and was linked to doncaster rovers I believe

Bartender 14

Sorry for my countryman but Castelen is not Prem quality and not an option for Fulham. Very injury-prone and not a proven player in Germany. Before he started in Germany he had some good seasons at Den Haag and Feyenoord, but after that did not come up to the high expectations.  083.gif

Mr Fulham

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 30, 2012, 01:28:05 PM
They acknowledged yesterday on the stream commentary that the player was thought to be mickael tavares
Because the Mail had reported it. Trouble is that Tavares is not even a free agent, therefore not able to sign with Fulham now. He moved to bulgarian side Burgas last month.

And Castelen is possibly the 'most-injury prone' player out there. He's literally ALWAYS out injured.

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 30, 2012, 02:36:46 PM
Diarra was without a club for 7 months and was linked to doncaster rovers I believe
define linked? trials or newspapers. big difference there. and im not being funny where was diarra on saturday, oh yes out injured.  really dont see the point of signing anyone untill january.. we was without berba frei diarra ashkan and others and still held our own against the best in the land. so why take a risk on another player who is without a club as we have already done this on 2 of our current squad

MasterHaynes

Do you think Jol was trying to get the press to stop speculating linking us to the few British players available who are not good enough while at the same time put out a false trail so he can conduct his business in private?

I'm sure he does not want to alert other clubs that may want to sign the player, much like Diarra who had been training with us for a few weeks before he signed. I am also guessing he has already had talks with the player if he plans to sign him this week.