watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting Line up Fulham v Brentford

Started by Conway on the wing, May 21, 2015, 02:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conway on the wing

Can any one help me with starting line up and subs for the 2/01/1989 game??
Thanks

MJG

Stannard
Marshall-Cawley-Eckhardt-Elkins
Barnett-Skinner-Scott-Walker
Davies-Cole

Subs: Sayer and Thomas

Class side

Conway on the wing

Quote from: Conway on the wing on May 21, 2015, 02:23:40 PM
Thanks

Great, i am trying to find out more about Cawley any one have any history??

Supermitch

Quote from: Conway on the wing on May 21, 2015, 04:20:46 PM
Thanks

Centre half on loan from Wimbledon.  Played 5 games for Fulham.  Saw him play but can't recall much else about him. 

res

Quote from: Supermitch on May 21, 2015, 06:40:41 PM
Quote from: Conway on the wing on May 21, 2015, 04:20:46 PM
Thanks

Centre half on loan from Wimbledon.  Played 5 games for Fulham.  Saw him play but can't recall much else about him. 

Went to Colchester (my home town) where he played as a "rugged"/"traditional" centre back...in other words he kicked the ball hard and high. Unfortunately (for passers by outside Layer Road (Colchester's former ground)) he was trusted with a penalty one afternoon...which disappeared outside the ground and into cyber space from which it has never reappeared.

Mince n Tatties

Just dug out an old programme from my collection.
3-3 The score, but I havent wrote scorers down..No doubt MJG will
dig them out..Coyw

beijing ben

Was this the same season that we beat them at their place, Michael Cole with a glorious headed winner?...

Snibbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 21, 2015, 03:48:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 21, 2015, 03:25:57 PM
Stannard
Marshall-Cawley-Eckhardt-Elkins
Barnett-Skinner-Scott-Walker
Davies-Cole

Subs: Sayer and Thomas

Class side

I am impressed with your knowledge of all things Fulham, from the distance past to the present day, whether it be linked to Financial or Football items or statistics. Which you seem to produce at the drop of a hat.
Have you by any chance got an underground HQ, Control and Nerve Centre, whereupon you have staff working 24/7 to supply us all with answers to any enquiries.
But if I may be serious for one moment.
I have one for you, can you provide me with some information regarding the late great Bobby Keetch, who in my eyes was one of my favourite Fulham players, and he was a real Character.
Killer Keetch was his nickname.
I remember reading an article in the 60s in one of the Daily Journals about Bobby Keetch, it said " the days of the footballing centre half are over, modern soccer demands a stopper, a man who destroys attacks and clears quickly ". The article was referring to him, and there was a huge picture of him next to the article.
I cut the article out, and put it somewhere safe, but I must have put it somewhere too safe, as I can't put my hand on it, I am still looking.
Sadly as you know he died very young. I believe a group of players who use to play with him met once a year on that anniversary in respect of Bobby Keetch with the blond hair, and the never say die attitude.
I can't remember how long he played for us, and did he come from the Academy.
Did he ever represent England U/23 at the time.
I hope you can provide me with some information on him, thank you.
From Wikipedia:

Bobby Keetch
Personal information
Date of birth   25 October 1941
Place of birth   Tottenham, Greater London
Date of death   June 29, 1996 (aged 54)
Playing position   Defender
Youth career
West Ham United
Senior career*
Years   Team   Apps†   (Gls)†
1962–1966   Fulham   106   (2)
1966–1969   Queens Park Rangers   52   (0)
1969–?   Durban City F.C.   ?   (?)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Bobby D Keetch (25 October 1941 - 29 June 1996) was a footballer with West Ham, Fulham and QPR.

Bobby was an excellent centre-half. After a brief career at West Ham United, he joined Fulham in 1959 and played for Fulham between 1961-1966, making 106 first team appearances, scoring 2 goals. He signed for QPR in 1966 from Fulham. Bobby played 52 league games for QPR before joining Durban City in 1969. After three seasons in Durban, he retired in 1971. Keetch was quite a man-about-town and an entrepreneur in business. He died aged 54, on June 29th 1996, after suffering a stroke.[1] Fulham FC were desperately short of money in 1996 and in the lowest league. Jimmy Hill said that the club had so little money that they could not afford a wreath at Keetch's funeral. But somehow they managed it

MJG

Scott and Davies with two were the scorers.