watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Liverpool u21's v Fulham u21's. Today 2pm ko

Started by elgreenio, October 01, 2012, 01:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

Trotta and Minkwitz OFF Islamovic and Altman ON. Commentators getting that all wrong
touch my camera through the fence

MasterHaynes

That was awful, we had won the ball and gave it back to them.

elgreenio

3-0. Smith is robbed deep and Adorjans shot is saved by Somogyi, only to ricochet off Kavanagh and into the back of the net

elgreenio

was saying this on Saturday, we're so bloody lightweight at youth level. Could do with a few more players of Kasami's stature in the middle

elgreenio

Donegan manages to work a yard in the box after good play down the left. Shot is just deflected over the bar for a corner

elgreenio

MasterHaynes

It was like watching the fourth years beating up on the first years at school. Not sure what any of the youngsters would have learnt from that. I'm with you El Greenio we need some beef in there to be able to compete for the ball before we can start playing football. Kavanagh had a tidy game and Musa is definitely worth a good look.

EricB

I must admit I have not watch any of our U21 games before, but managed to watch this on Liverpool TV (free on Virgin). We looked very poor, with nobody looking anywhere near the first team level.  Are Liverpool particularly good at U21 or we just short of talent for the team having already promoted most of our decent youngsters?

elgreenio

combination of both, Liverpool are decent at this level and a lot of our side are inexperienced at u21. First full year of involvement for Brister, Kavanagh and Banya. Add to that it's Musa's first game and Somogyi instead of Etheridge or Stockdale, you're already wary at the back. Just got outmuscled in the middle and obviously if you lose that battle then it's a massive struggle to get anything, especially with Dalla Valle forced out wide.

cmg

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 01, 2012, 03:53:48 PM
It was like watching the fourth years beating up on the first years at school.

Too right. Liverpool looked like they had come out of a drawer marked 'Two Sizes Larger'.
We put out a very young side with Somogyi, I think, the only over age player. We were still disappointing, though, never making much of what little posession we had.
Minkwitz seems to have shrunk over the summer and was never able to take any kind of grip. Banya looked weak at this level. I thought that Dalla Valle started out wide (surprisingly given his previous goalscoring efforts on Merseyside), but in any case did nothing to show that Liverpool may have let one get away.
I've never really seen much in Trotta except a (not to be sneezed at) ability to put the ball in the net. Today he was woeful. The Brister/Donegan move down the right, which was one of our few creative bright spots, didn't need much of a touch from Trotta, but he just looked bemused at the whole thing. Islamovich seemed a bit of an improvement.

To me Kavanagh was the one bright spot. Very small, even for a modern left-back, he looks about 12 but showed good composure in defence, put what little there is of himself about a bit and looked confident on the ball.

This squad has a good few years to go yet, but certainly offers no immediate solution to any midfield problems.

I don't know if they get special instructions in this league, but the referee (who was pretty good, I thought) seemed to referee it like a schoolboy match, with very little contact allowed. Would make sense.