more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(03/10/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 03, 2012, 04:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

The Rufus Brevett Column

It looked as if we'd done enough to earn a point against Manchester City on Saturday, only to suffer heartbreak at the end. But it showed that we're a match for any team in this division.

We made a great start to the game. Whether it was a penalty, I'm not sure - only John Arne Riise can really answer that. But Mladen Petric looked very assured with the way he slotted home from the spot and it's good to see him back from injury. He could form a decent partnership with Dimitar Berbatov when the Bulgarian returns.

When you're playing someone like City, they're always going to have spells in the game where they enjoy a lot of possession and as the match wore on, Fulham got deeper and deeper. That gave City space to play and invited them on and they've got some fantastic players who can really hurt you. That pressure eventually told with the late goals at the end of both halves.

Edin Dzeko has a record of coming off the substitutes' bench and scoring late goals and he did that again on Saturday with virtually his first touch. Riise will be disappointed with his mistake that led to Dzeko's winner but John's an experienced player and he'll bounce back. All players make an error now and again; I'm sure John will accept responsibility and look forward to getting it out of his system in the next fixture.

When I made a mistake in games, I felt like I'd let everyone down. But it's one of those things that everyone does from time to time. I'm sure no-one's blaming John and we move on to the next game.

That next game is an away trip to Southampton on Sunday for a live-on-Sky encounter. They've had a tricky start and I think it's a good time for Fulham to be playing them.

It won't be easy; the Saints have some good players, a good manager and they play football the right way. Rickie Lambert is a goalscorer who can do well at this level so Fulham will need to be on their guard and defend well.

Much has been said about Fulham's away record over the past few seasons but in our last game on the road we went to Wigan Athletic and returned with three points in the bag. That was another tricky game as towards the end of last season Wigan played some fantastic football.

So if we can win there, then we should be going to Southampton in a confident frame of mind. The boys will know it's another winnable away game and that victory at Wigan should give us confidence that we can secure another three points on our travels on Sunday.

*Rufus will be a host at Craven Cottage prior to our away fixture at Queens Park Rangers on Saturday 15th December.

The package includes a two-course buffet with beers, wines and soft drinks, private transfer to and from Loftus Road, match tickets in the away end, matchday programmes and a Fulham gift. Click here for more details.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/02/the-rufus-brevett-column?

WhiteJC

Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel

Sorry I couldn`t resist it and you`ll soon see why!

Today we have a fresh target when it comes to acquiring a midfielder t boost our depleted ranks.

Tabloid gossip infers that Martin Jol has identified Mickael Tavares as a potential signing.

The twenty-nine year old French-born Senegalese international is a free agent and he has had limited experience of life in English football when he had a brief spell with Middlesbrough a couple of years ago.

We`ll endeavour to report further if anything concrete comes of this one.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=295284#ixzz28CgSMQ65

WhiteJC

Fulham's Mladen Petric has mixed feelings after first goal in a month against Man City

Mladen Petric's joy at scoring for the first time since the start of the season was tempered by Fulham's last-gasp defeat against Manchester City.

The Croatian striker slotted home an early penalty, given against City's Pablo Zabaleta in controversial circumstances, to put the Cottagers ahead against the Premier League champions on Saturday.

It was the 31-year-old's first goal since making his Fulham debut on the opening day of the season, when he scored twice in the 5-0 demolition of Norwich City.
"Of course I'm happy to be back scoring again," Petric told Fulham's official website. "It's always good for a striker to score. I had a good start to my Fulham career but then I was a bit injured. I'm happy to be back now and of course I'm happy about my goal but I wasn't really happy because we didn't win.

"We were not too pleased with our game in the second half - I think we were too deep and they had a lot of possession and we needed to be a bit braver. We defended very well but at the end it was a pity that they scored.

"Of course it's hard to play against footballers as good as that but we shouldn't have let them play as much as they did. If we'd managed to keep the ball a bit more then it would have been a different game but they were better than us on the day and probably deserved to win."

The former Hamburg striker is also looking forward to finally teaming up with Dimitar Berbatov when the Bulgarian returns to full fitness.

He said: "He's a very good player and I'm looking forward to playing with him in the future and I'm sure we can cause some trouble for the teams we play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8133425/?

WhiteJC

Chelsea Under-21 Tickets Available

Fulham Under-21s welcome their local rivals Chelsea to Craven Cottage this Friday (October 5th, 7.30pm). The Whites have enjoyed a mixed start to the season, last week beating Manchester City and demonstrating a good fight against league leaders Liverpool on Monday.

With former Fulham favourite Kit Symons at the helm, the Whites will be hoping to secure bragging rights under the Cottage floodlights.

Tickets are already on sale for this fixture, however can no longer be purchased online. To buy, please call 0843 208 1234 (option 3), Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, drop by in person to the Ticket Office, or purchase on the gate.

Season Ticket Holders can attend this fixture for free by showing their pass at the turnstiles, while adult tickets are £3 and both under 16s and over 65s just £1.

Matchday Hospitality packages are also available. Priced at just £20, supporters wishing to watch the local derby in style can expect to receive exclusive access to a dedicated lounge, a hot meal and salad served prior to kick-off and Directors Area seating.
More information about this package can be found here. You can also email [email protected], call 020 8336 7555 or visit fulhamfc.com/hospitality today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2012/october/02/chelsea-u21?

WhiteJC

Bobby Zamora needlessly slagging off Martin Jol

So he managed to find a way out of James Collins' pocket then, did he?

Bobby Zamora has been busy putting his nose where it's neither wanted or needed, by launching a completely valueless attack on Fulham manager Martin Jol. In an interview that appears in today's Evening Standard, the former Fulham forward had this to say about his ex-manager:

"Yes. I left because I didn't see eye to eye with Martin Jol.

I think that is the case with the vast majority of players there now.

A lot of the lads aren't happy. But that's that. There were a few bits and pieces but we just didn't see eye to eye."

For want of a better phrase, what has it got to do with you?

I'm tempted to think that Zamora's departure from Craven Cottage had more to do with him no longer being an automatic starter and the exorbitant wages Tony Fernandes was offering, than it did a falling-out with Jol. Or maybe this is just another instance of a player failing to get over being dropped and perceiving it to be disrespectful?

To be logical, if 'the vast majority' of players down by the Thames dislike the manager, then doesn't it follow that 'the vast majority' of those players would have tried to leave the club over the Summer? Also, given what we know about how precious most footballers are, it doesn't really follow that the squad at Fulham would have performed as well as they did last season – and as well as they are this year – if they, in fact, hated their managed. Nonsense.

What Zamora was trying to achieve with these comments is a mystery, because all he's managed to do is make himself look extremely childish – and bitter, given that he's now playing for a side rock-bottom of the Premier League.

Players who give performances like the one he turned in last night against West Ham shouldn't really be doing any press. But on the plus side, if Zamora really can't stand Jol, then he probably won't have to worry about sharing a division with him for much longer...

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/bobby-zamora-needlessly-slagging-off-martin-jol/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bobby-zamora-needlessly-slagging-off-martin-jol

WhiteJC

ZDENEK GRYGERA CRIES OFF

ZDENEK GRYGERA'S Fulham future is in doubt after he injured his thigh playing for the reserves.

The Czech Republic defender, 32, is out of contract and hoped to prove his fitness after a knee injury.

Fulham manager Martin Jol said: "Grygera has had a setback because he got injured.

"He looked ever so well, played in the reserves and kept them together – they had better results than before.

"He has a thigh problem so we have to wait and see because we wanted to make a decision on him next week and now there is a little step back again."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/275144/Zdenek-Grygera-cries-off/?