more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we better than last year?

Started by MrFFC, October 04, 2012, 12:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 07, 2012, 04:52:48 PM
Mr Fulham I have made it clear why I believe our squad is weaker. Seems a bit pointless making the same point. Still here goes.

Defence - A year older and we have cover for the keeper but centre half we are very weak. Brede is poorer and Senderos is our only cover. As they get older our defence has clearly been struggling in the last few years. So Reither is the only addition. Grygera is injured and will doubtfully ever play for us again.

A year older but still more than able to play in the PL. Its an area Jol is obviously looking at as we tried to sign Douglas. So im sure he will replace. Senderos gets stick but hasnt actually done anything wrong for us when we play??? Defence is better/as good as last year

Midfield added 4, 2 are older and liable to not make 90 minutes and may take time to recover from injury. Lost 6. I know people are no fans of Jol as they keep disagreeing with his assessment. He did say we needed 4 or 5 players yet we still sold two of our best and replaced them with two. So still leaves us 4 or 5 short. So clearly not better than last year. As our present midfield shows.

Was always going to lose Dembele and so far he is the only one we seem to be missing. Murphys legs were giving way and Baird seems able enough to replace him. Etuhu, Gecov, Riise were bit part anyway and have been replaced by Diarra, Tavares, Dejagah. Dempsey we havent and wont replace. He scored 17 goals last year, to replace that it would cost 7mil+ and Kaca has come on leaps and bounds since playing. Its a new dimension to us with an actual left winger

Attack. We have Rodders and Berbatov and Petric. So one great but old player liable to injury. One old and ok but liable to injury and Rodders whom I like. But he is best when partnered with another striker. Why a million miles better? So far they score and are injured. Three strikers only will cause problems when injury occurs. As I predicted and has happened

Berba over Pog or Zamora. Rod is much better than AJ and looks really good alongside Berba. Petric has 3 goals in 3 or 4 games. We are no way weaker in the attacking department. The injury prone stuff.....Zamora and AJ?????

So in my opinion and for the very last time. Squad is lacking in depth ALL through the squad. Yes if Kaka and Frei become consistant (always a problem with youngsters) AND our older players stay fit (always a problem with older players) than we will do ok. But take a few players out and we are suffering. As today and last week proved. Jol thinks so which is why he tried toi bring in a centre half and a forward and a few midfielders. Yes he did and the evidence is in what he said at the time.

Players don't stand still unless they are in our back four. We look our age. As always just an opinion and nothing more.