watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this a season defining month.

Started by bobby01, January 28, 2010, 11:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Villa sat, Pompey weds, Bolton sat, Burnley tues, Cup sun, Shaktar weds, Birmingham Sun, Shaktar thurs, Sunderland Sun.  9 games in 29 days, nearly playing every 3 days, all big big games with a decimated squad. If we come through this well Roy will forever be a legend.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

White Noise

You bet it is. It will be interesting to see which players come out at the end of the month as heroes because I definitely think it will be a good month, on balance.

It is certainly strange watching the team without players like Clint and JP but Roy and the squad have handled busy periods well before and I think they will this time.

As ever, we just need a bit of luck - starting at Villa.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

It is and we are lucky that most of the games are at the Cottage,lets get behind the lads and get up that league :D

Lighthouse

We are in the centre of enormities. One month of continued decline could change the entire cosmos of the Cottage. A nervous time. This is it. One wrong step and we could fall into oblivion.

Very nervy month.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2010, 12:26:13 PM
We are in the centre of enormities. One month of continued decline could change the entire cosmos of the Cottage. A nervous time. This is it. One wrong step and we could fall into oblivion.

Very nervy month.

Good to see you preform to type Mr House ;D

Jimpav

It's definitely going to define which half ofthe table we finish in and obviously our European/Wembley destiny.

I don't think it is make or break though regarding the league. Even if we only got 4 points from our league matches we would still be relatively safe.

Sector9

If we get our tails up and manage the busy period this could start  a really good run (ending a really bad one)

Steve_orino

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on January 28, 2010, 12:17:59 PM
It is and we are lucky that most of the games are at the Cottage,lets get behind the lads and get up that league :D

A very good point, most of the games are at home...so enough of the negative outlook.

Fulham's finest on-the-field needs the support of Fulham's finest off-the-field!  Let 'em hear ya!  Let 'em know we're singing in the chatrooms too ;)
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Steve_orino on January 28, 2010, 01:56:29 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on January 28, 2010, 12:17:59 PM

A very good point, most of the games are at home...so enough of the negative outlook.

Fulham's finest on-the-field needs the support of Fulham's finest off-the-field!  Let 'em hear ya!  Let 'em know we're singing in the chatrooms too ;)
Amen to that Steve. Hoping it's on the box over here...COME ON YOU SUPA WHITES !!!

The Equalizer

Well I expect we'll beat Burnley at home, if only because I'm not going to settle for less than a win on my birthday!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

os5889

It will make or break this season and the outlook for next in my opinion. Do well and the run in looks rosy, players not tempted away to a higher finishing club with extortionate wages and maybe even attract some decent names.

If we capitulate this month, we're looking over our shoulder and will be written off as having peaked, I dread to think about it.