News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'We're winning away' song is an embarrassment!!!!

Started by Luffy86, October 07, 2012, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luffy86

Why is there a need to sing this song?? It's a total joke, and makes us sound like muppets! It actually makes me cringe when I hear Fulham supporters singing this tosh!!! If I was on the pitch and I heard that song... I wouldn't exactly be impressed if i'm honest! Come on our performances on the road are definitely improving!!!

Walsh

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 07, 2012, 03:39:55 PM
Come on our performances on the road are definitely improving!!!

Really? I thought we were better against Wigan than we were today and the only plus side about our last 2 away games is that we have got points out of them, apart from that we've been shocking to say the least!

Luffy86

I'm not talking about from game to game but in general...... Compare the way we've been playing on the road since Jol took over, with the previous 10 seasons. Under Jols tenure, my thinking going into most away games is that we're going to come away with 3 points, in my time supporting Fulham this is the strongest team I've ever seen and I feel confident in this team we have now.....but what would I know??

domprague

Last season we seemed to go into away games looking for a goalless draw and only went for it once we fell behind. We seem to be better this season although I thought the 'lone striker with Ruiz dropping deep' today didn't scream 'aiming for three points'.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Luffy86

Logicalman

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 07, 2012, 03:59:29 PM
But what about the song???

Be happy, not long since we would never have managed to sing that song!!! Definitely an improvement just by singing the song  :HD:

sipwell

I find the song to be hilarious and a true show of British/English self-criticism. Don't see the problem of it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Luffy86

To hear, 'How s***t must you be, we're winning away' would hardly fill me with encouragement or spur me on, it's probably a bit deflating hearing those words come from your own fans.

EJL

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: sipwell on October 07, 2012, 04:23:15 PM
I find the song to be hilarious and a true show of British/English self-criticism. Don't see the problem of it.
I hate it when I have to agree with the Belgian professor, but agree I must. It's funny and it's Fulhamish !  :scarf:

Burt

Well, our away form has hardly been anything to write home about over the past few seasons, and most teams will view us as one of the more likely 3-pointers at their place.

I think the song has its place, it shows a certain Fulhamish humour.

Basil

In fairness how bad must Southampton be if they couldn't beat us today.

ffc73

It was amusing to start with now I do not enjoy it as it seems to wake the opposing team & fans up. I would be happy for it to be binned

Also the "ssssh". If the opposing fans are quiet & it's a library it probably means we are doing ok & why encourage them to create an atmosphere to lift their team

Rupert

Quote from: FFC73 on October 07, 2012, 05:20:23 PM
It was amusing to start with now I do not enjoy it as it seems to wake the opposing team & fans up. I would be happy for it to be binned

Also the "ssssh". If the opposing fans are quiet & it's a library it probably means we are doing ok & why encourage them to create an atmosphere to lift their team

It's called banter, or taking the pee, or winding up the opposition, or just being a bit of an idiot, depending on your point of view.

The old "You'll never play us again" will go down as the ultimate wind-up, I lost count of the number of teams whose fans declared thay would make us eat those words, like we seriously thought it was true. There are probably some out there who still harbour a grudge against us for those fine words.

The "winning away," I think it has its place, though would be happier if it was only deployed when we have a two goal cushion, just in case it does inspire a fight-back.

The "shh!" is funny, like we are ones with a raucous home crowd to boast about.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 07, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
To hear, 'How s***t must you be, we're winning away' would hardly fill me with encouragement or spur me on, it's probably a bit deflating hearing those words come from your own fans.

Shut up you girl. I am going to file a report for wasting 2 minutes of my life reading through this post. What a snore and pointless thing to moan about.

It's funny and if you watched coverage from the interview with JA Riise with Example on Football Focus you'll of seen that even the players know they can't play too well away and I didn't see Riise having a little cry about the chant either. Its funny, we pay our money, travel all over the country and if we want to let them know we expect better, a lighthearted chant is better than constant abuse I have witnessed other clubs subject their players too.

A Humble Man

That song is the essence of British humour that no one else in the World understands.  I am sure the players take it as a compliment as it is meant to be not as an insult.  i am sure the home supporters get the joke as well.

I feel sorry for people who lack a sense of humour their lives must be very sad, lonely and empty.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

leonffc

I've heard a few teams (fans) copy it so there must be something in it

Sheepskin Junior

I was at the West Brom away game two seasons ago. This is the chant I most remember because it was hilarious and seemed to give the Brom fans a laugh too. Face it, we suck away, we might as well have a laugh doing it.
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

The Bronsons

I'm looking forward to singing it against Reading. If you don't like it, don't sing it.

Bertie Wooster

I like the song, it's so autoironical and very . . . fulhamish!