watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- A Modest Proposal, part 2

Started by HatterDon, October 10, 2012, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

In the spirit of Anglo-American friendship, I would like to propose we England and the United States trade national team managers. Our manager had a storied playing career [as opposed to yours who had a stunted playing non-career]. Our manager led a national team to a World Cup semi-final not that long ago. Neither your manager nor -- for many years now -- England has seen an international semifinal.

Now, why would we wish to give up such a famous, rich, and young international manager in exchange for someone who is only a little bit younger than me? Well, it could be because we're idiotic and don't realize what a gem we have in charge.

Or, it could be that even Stevie Wonder can see that Jurgen Klinsmann is a blithering idiot.

Either way, we'll be happy to trade him even-up for Roy Hodgson. Talk amongst yourselves and give us a call.

Toodles
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

I am surprised that the US haven't gone for Lawrie Sanchez.

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on October 10, 2012, 09:55:22 PM
I am surprised that the US haven't gone for Lawrie Sanchez.

He might be an upgrade over JK.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jarv

I always thought Klinsmann was a strange appointment. Mind you, could be worse,, my nation Scotland had Bertie Voghts who took Scotland in free fall, almost to the bottom (and many players quitting internationals along the way). . What is it with the germans?

CanadianCottager

Can't believe he called up Alan Gordon over Wondo. Should have kept Robo-bob in my opinion, at least he knew CONCACAF and more importantly, his own player pool.

btings

I've watched most of the Earthquakes games this year.  It's an odd decision, but from Klinsmann's comments on the press call it's clear that he wants people who can bang bodies, and Gordon is actually the better choice if that's true.

Wondo has superlative movement off the ball, but otherwise plays like an inferior version of Dempsey.  Gordon is not as good at Wondo, but brings something different to the team.

Anyways, it's a nice story.  I'm rooting for him to get a cap -- who gets their first cap at age 30 in a WCQ?

A Humble Man

Can we swap our Statue of Michael Jackson for the Statue of Liberty?  It would look nice on a man-made island on the Thames opposite Craven Cottage.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rupert

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 11, 2012, 09:50:03 AM
Can we swap our Statue of Michael Jackson for the Statue of Liberty?  It would look nice on a man-made island on the Thames opposite Craven Cottage.

No thanks, it's a Weeping Angel (the Statue of Liberty that is, MJ only makes people weep), I saw it on Doctor Who. Can you imagine being blasted back to 1984, with the sure knowledge of what the next decade will bring to FFC?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

cottage cheese

Quote from: A Humble Man on October 11, 2012, 09:50:03 AM

its french no thanks...Something that defines Fulham is what is needed. I think a statue of maybe a certain badger may be the thing that is needed.

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on October 10, 2012, 09:46:46 PM
In the spirit of Anglo-American friendship, I would like to propose we England and the United States trade national team managers. Our manager had a storied playing career [as opposed to yours who had a stunted playing non-career]. Our manager led a national team to a World Cup semi-final not that long ago. Neither your manager nor -- for many years now -- England has seen an international semifinal.

Now, why would we wish to give up such a famous, rich, and young international manager in exchange for someone who is only a little bit younger than me? Well, it could be because we're idiotic and don't realize what a gem we have in charge.

Or, it could be that even Stevie Wonder can see that Jurgen Klinsmann is a blithering idiot.

Either way, we'll be happy to trade him even-up for Roy Hodgson. Talk amongst yourselves and give us a call.

Toodles

Ah, there you go again, you silver-tongued Gringos.
You know what a tart the old mother country is. She'll do anything for 50 clapped-out WWI destroyers and a few crates of Spam.