News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'We're winning away' song is an embarrassment!!!!

Started by Luffy86, October 07, 2012, 03:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

Stop the winning away song!!!   :026: :026: :026: Get behind the boys!!!   :clap_hands: How inspiring is a song that tells our own team that we are surprised that they are winning!!!! STOP IT NOW. COYW is much better 
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Scrumpy

Have just got back from the match after a meal out with Saints supporting mates afterwards. They loved the song and said that it made them laugh. It was the highlight for them, since they thought their boys played poorly throughout.

So we may be getting a little bored with it, but other fans are still enjoying it!  :scarf:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

leonffc

I remember singing it at upton park. They took the lead and changed it to '"losing again".
 "you've only scored 2, you've onlyyyyyy scored twooooo how sh1t must you be" was our reply.

Terrace banter. Love it

JBH

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 07, 2012, 03:39:55 PM
Why is there a need to sing this song?? It's a total joke, and makes us sound like muppets! It actually makes me cringe when I hear Fulham supporters singing this tosh!!! If I was on the pitch and I heard that song... I wouldn't exactly be impressed if i'm honest! Come on our performances on the road are definitely improving!!!

Are you serious or just a muppet???

Luffy86

Continue to sing it it then, I for one think it's the most ridiculous song and won't be singing it. I like to mock the opposing team and fans, not my own!! Anyone I tell about this song, they come back with the nearly the same answer 'mugs ameant to support your own team'.

Luffy86

Some of you need to get a grip and stop calling people names! If you don't like my opinion, give a reasonable answer other than name calling. No I'm not a muppet and I'm not a girl, just don't like to hear 'how s**t must we be' sung to my team.

Burt

Ladies, gentlemen, and other forms of life that inhabit this board.

By all means disagree with each other. But please do it without resorting to personal comments / abuse / name calling etc.

I thank you.

Off to work now, so at least behave for the next hour or so  :dft011:

Riverside

JBH

The saying Pot & Kettle springs to mind!

The word Muppet was first mention by you in your intial post so live with it or go back to the QPHA forum where you most likely came from in the 1st place:028:

mr-ska

Its fun  its banter..  its loyal Fulham fans not taking themselves too seriously...  it is tongue in cheek...  Id be very suprised if any Fulham player collapsed and spat his dummy out when we sing it...  now bobby zamora has gone...

Luffy86

Quote from: JBH on October 10, 2012, 08:41:09 AM

The word Muppet was first mention by you in your intial post so live with it or go back to the QPHA forum where you most likely came from in the 1st place:028:
Pot & Kettle springs to mind??? Understand what I meant, Initially 'Muppet' was stating a collective group which would include myself as a Fulham supporter, not that I'd sing the song myself!!! .... 'Makes us sound like muppets!' Not calling anyone a muppet personally!
Secondly, I've supported Fulham for 24 years!!! To be told to go back to the QPR forum is the biggest insult I've heard.

MJG

Quote from: mr-ska on October 10, 2012, 09:31:41 AM
Its fun  its banter..  its loyal Fulham fans not taking themselves too seriously...  it is tongue in cheek...  Id be very suprised if any Fulham player collapsed and spat his dummy out when we sing it...  now bobby zamora has gone...
Exactly..its a bit of fun at us and the other team. Chill out.

Now people standing in a seating area, that's a discussion we could have......

leonffc

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 10, 2012, 07:37:16 AMjust don't like to hear 'how s**t must we be' sung to my team.

It's not sung to your / our team. It's sung at the opposition fans "how sh1t must YOU be"

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 10, 2012, 09:34:07 AM

Pot & Kettle springs to mind??? Understand what I meant, Initially 'Muppet' was stating a collective group which would include myself as a Fulham supporter, not that I'd sing the song myself!!! .... 'Makes us sound like muppets!' Not calling anyone a muppet personally!
Secondly, I've supported Fulham for 24 years!!! To be told to go back to the QPR forum is the biggest insult I've heard.

LOL Diddums

JBH

Quote from: Luffy86 on October 10, 2012, 09:34:07 AM
Quote from: JBH on October 10, 2012, 08:41:09 AM

If it is the case that you have supported FFC for 24 years then you should act like it!

The song is banter and has been sung since our victory at reading during the great escape and at every away game we have been leading with ever since, something that you should definiately be aware of since you are as you say a long standing fan.

Its just the same as us singing "Super Fulham etc" because obviously we are not the greatest team that any of us have ever seen.

Get things in to perspective and relax  S001.gif

Oh and if being told to go back to the QPHA forum is the biggest insult you have ever recieved then you are either a  Saint or have led a very sheltered life (and i know what my money is on)

Rupert

Quote from: JBH on October 10, 2012, 11:38:58 AM
Oh and if being told to go back to the QPHA forum is the biggest insult you have ever recieved then you are either a  Saint or have led a very sheltered life (and i know what my money is on)

I can understand where he's coming from here, I'm not sure how that would make him a Southampton fan, though  :Get Coat gif:.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

JBH

Quote from: Rupert on October 10, 2012, 12:18:09 PM
Quote from: JBH on October 10, 2012, 11:38:58 AM

I can understand where he's coming from here, I'm not sure how that would make him a Southampton fan, though  :Get Coat gif:.

Nice one now get back into your cartoon strip!

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

mr-ska

It's just a song...  i enjoy singing it because it means we're winning away..  and its fun.  Im 99.9% sure no Fulham player would take any offence.. as it is often sung after wild celebrations...

I see no point in singing The Blue Flag....  but dont care if others do..  i simply dont join in...

Lets not take ourselves too seriously!