watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aussies In Europe

Started by WhiteJC, April 14, 2010, 08:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/australia/2010/04/14/1877730/aussies-in-europe-mark-schwarzer-stands-tall-as-lucas-neill
Aussies In Europe: Mark Schwarzer Stands Tall As Lucas Neill And Scott McDonald Net
It was a busy week for the Socceroos' bigger stars.

Harry Kewell, Lucas Neill (Galatasaray, Turkey)

A full game for Neill and a first goal for the club with a thumping finish from close range in the 4-1 win over Diyarbakirspor, Kewell not taking part.

Tim Cahill (Everton, England)

Played a full game and set up the first goal for his side in their 2-2 draw with visiting West Ham.

Mark Schwarzer, (Fulham, England)

Two impressive displays by the Australian in big matches: keeping a clean sheet to help Fulham into the Semi Finals of the Europa League as they scored a 1-0 away win and 3-1 aggregate victory over Wolfsburg in midweek before he repeated the trick as they managed a scoreless draw away against Liverpool at the weekend.

Brett Emerton, Vince Grella (Blackburn Rovers, England)

A belated full game for Grella in the scoreless draw with Manchester United at the weekend, where Emerton started the match but was replaced at half-time.

Mark Bresciano (Palermo, Italy)

Wasn't in the squad for the 3-1 home win over Chievo Verona.

Luke Wilkshire (Dinamo Moscow, Russia)

Wasn't in the squad for the scoreless draw with visiting FK Tom' Tomsk.

Scott McDonald, Rhys Williams, Brad Jones (Middlesbrough, England)

Full games for all three Aussies in the 1-0 home win over Sheffield Wednesday, where McDonald scored the winner.

Richard Garcia (Hull City, England)

Wasn't in the squad for the 4-1 home defeat to Burnley.

Brett Holman, James Holland (AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands)

Holman was introduced in the 80th minute of the scoreless draw at NEC Nijmegen while James Holland was an unused substitute at the weekend. The latter didn't make the squad for this morning's 1-0 home win over FC Twente, where Holman a last minute substitute.

David Carney (FC Twente, Netherlands)

Introduced in the 85th minute of the 1-0 loss away against AZ Alkmaar after being an unused substitute for the 2-0 home win over Heerenveen at the weekend.

Nikita Rukavytsya (Roeselare, Belgium)

Played a full game in the 3-1 second leg victory but overall defeat for his side in the Beker van Belgie against Cercle Brugge.

Dario Vidosic (MSV Duisburg, Germany)

Was an unused substitute during the 1-1 home draw with Greuther Furth.

Carl Valeri (Sassuolo, Italy)

An unused substitute in the 1-1 draw with Modena at the weekend and also in the 1-0 home defeat to Reggina this morning.

Nick Carle (Crystal Palace, England)

Didn't come off the bench for the 2-0 defeat to visiting QPR.

Adam Federici (Reading, England)

Consecutive full games in the scoreless draw away at Cardiff City at the weekend and then in the 2-1 home defeat to Newcastle United this morning.

Patrick Kisnorbo, Neil Kilkenny, Shane Lowry (Leeds United, England)

Consecutive full games for Kilkenny in the 2-0 defeat over visiting Southend at the weekend and then in the 3-1 away win over Carlisle United this morning, Lowry an unused substitute only in the latter match. Kisnorbo remains sidelined with injury.

Dean Bouzanis (Accrington Stanley, England)

An unused substitute in the scoreless draw at Darlington on the weekend and not in the squad this morning for the 2-1 defeat at home to Port Vale.

Oliver Bozanic (Aldershot Town, England)

A full game in the 1-1 draw with Port Vale at the weekend and replaced in the 70th minute of the 2-0 defeat at home to Torquay United this morning.

Bruce Djite (Diyarbakirspor, Turkey)

Wasn't involved in the 4-1 defeat at Galatasaray.

Mile Jedinak (Antalyaspor, Turkey)

Played a full game in the 3-1 home defeat to Istanbul Buyuksehir.

James Troisi (Kayserispor, Turkey)

No involvement in the 2-2 draw at home with Sivasspor.

Michael Petkovic (Sivasspor, Turkey)

Didn't play any part in the 2-2 draw at Kayserispor.

Scott Chipperfield (FC Basel, Switzerland)

Played a full game as his side beat FC Zurich 2-1 away from home.

Ante Covic (Elfsborg, Sweden)

Played a full game in the 2-1 defeat at Helsingborg.

Nathan Burns (Kerkyra, Greece)

Replaced in the 56th minute of his promotion-chasing side's 1-0 home win over Rodos.

Trent McClenahan, James Wesolowski (Hamilton, Scotland)

A full game for Wesolowski in the 4-1 home win over Hibernian, where McClenahan was introduced in the 76th minute.

Dean Heffernan (Huddersfield Town, England)

Replaced in the 83rd minute of the 3-0 defeat at Brentford at the weekend before playing a full game as his side recorded a 4-3 win over Walsall at home this morning.

finnster01

Wow!! Didn't realize there were so many Aussies playing in Europe.  :045:

In fact, do you have any footballers left in Australia?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

There's a handful Finn, amongst various South American journeymen and the odd SPL and EPL retirees. Dwight yorke, Juninho and now Robbie Fowler the three biggerst names to grace our A-League thus far. Dario Vidosci, at Duisberg was at Brisbane Roar and I really rate the kid. Might be a bit lightweight but he has the X factor and would often change a game over here. Had a good gam,e for the Socceroos recently too. Another 3 Roar youngsters have just gone over to Utrecht and 2 of them, Tommy Oar and Michael Zullo have real talent. Tommy only 18, Zullo 21 (?) now and if they keep progressing I'd love to see either of them at Fulahm one day. Adam Sarota got national youth league player of the year too but he hasn't dazzled me yet. Still pretty useful though and they'll all be sorely missed at BRFC.

McBridefan1

I hope this translates into a good Cup run, I always pull for the aussies unless they are playing the US.  I also pull for the other concacaf teams but don't tell my fellow americans, we're supposed to hate them.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: McBridefan1 on April 15, 2010, 02:18:23 AM
I hope this translates into a good Cup run, I always pull for the aussies unless they are playing the US.  I also pull for the other concacaf teams but don't tell my fellow americans, we're supposed to hate them.
I don't know about you Mercans, when you're not rooting you're pulling....WTF ?

McBridefan1

and you folk are all supporters...making you all athletic supporters.   :005:

HatterDon

am I the only one to wonder if Dynamo Kiev had given up an early goal to Tom Tomsk, the papers would have led with "Tom Tomsk Turnaround"

You have to have lived in England to recognize the pun on that lame song.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel