more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fact of the day... First Match played at Craven Cottage

Started by mr-ska, October 10, 2012, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

ron

Can I see someone in the pic in Stevenage Road with a banner saying "Not In My Back Yard"...? The very fact that there were no backyards there at all wouldn't put off some of the opponents that we seem to have inherited from the beginning!

Fletchino

Quote from: ron on October 10, 2012, 11:25:44 PM
Can I see someone in the pic in Stevenage Road with a banner saying "Not In My Back Yard"...? The very fact that there were no backyards there at all wouldn't put off some of the opponents that we seem to have inherited from the beginning!

Bloody yuppies always trying to stir up trouble for the club the new stand will  scared the horse I bet was the complaints

Burt

Not seeing Billy the Badger anywhere.

I wonder what the hot dogs were like in those days?

Senior Supporter

Quote from: Burt on October 11, 2012, 12:54:41 PM
Not seeing Billy the Badger anywhere.

I wonder what the hot dogs were like in those days?

No sign of hot dogs back then. I remember that the bread and dripping was quite good though.

LBNo11

...you may jest about the hot-dogs, but Fulham was one of the (if not the) first clubs in the UK to sample British made hot-dogs:-
Fulham hot dog 1926
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

VB

Aghh, the good old days....well not quite that old or even sometimes pleasent but mid seventies maybe..........
Get the 37 bus from Sheen to Putney (2p)
Down the high street over Putney bridge, look up at the spike on the church*.
Watch out for the Bishop's park tramp, who used to hide in the bushes hoping to spring a surprise on some unsuspecting away fan.
Safely now onto Stevenage road**. Buy my programme (15p) and up to the Thamesbank.
But what I really remember from those days was the chessnuts....
Just outside home end gates. A nice brown paper bag with assorted warm, hot and sometimes molton chessnuts.
Better then the horsedogs they used to sell in Bishops park.

* OK Maybe this memory was from the 80s...Every time I looked up and thought about that film The Omen
and wondered if the spike would fall on the copper who used to stand outside the church gates.

** Apart from the BPT in the bushes (Not to be confused with BFG). Trips down that pathway could get pretty Omenish.
I remember getting a good kick between the never regions by a very large Pompey fan
after I refused to 'Hand over your money or I'l stick you on that spiked fence'
OK Maybe thats another memory from 80s but the thought of those horsedogs brought it all back!

092.gif
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on October 11, 2012, 01:41:59 PM
...you may jest about the hot-dogs, but Fulham was one of the (if not the) first clubs in the UK to sample British made hot-dogs:-
Fulham hot dog 1926

Ed, you are a mine of Extremely Useful Information! Makes me even more prouder to follow this great club of ours  :dft011:

Holders

Remember the old Valley? The upper parts were ash held behind railway sleepers - in the '70s. And that old stand - what a gem!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria