News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

DAN BURN SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION TO 2015!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 03, 2013, 01:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

He will also be playing on-loan at Championship side Birmingham City for the duration of next season.

Very good news on both fronts
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

LBNo11

...agreed, this is good news, hopefully after a season long loan he will play a few cameo roles alongside Brede the following season. They both have the same stature and from what I have seen he will one day be the natural replacement for Brede...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Northern Cottager

Possibly makes us favourites for Redmond now?

Rhys Lightning 63

Joining up with FFC legend Lee Clark to boot
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Fernhurst

Thanks 63....... Good news indeed.

Lets all wish him the very best in his development.

Love to see him in the first team at some point.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MasterHaynes

I was hoping we would do the sensible thing and extend his contract on condition of him going on loan to a championship team as his value should jump going from a youth Div 1 loanee to an young established champioship performer. Hope Clarky and his assistant who was his manager at Darlington look after him and helps him improve

Humbled

this is a good/smart move for all concerned...

zschwartz

Quote from: Humbled on July 03, 2013, 02:54:30 PM
this is a good/smart move for all concerned...
don't know about his competition in the squad but seems like the exact right step. very happy to hear.

Lighthouse

He did so well last season that a step up was vital. Really good business for the player and the club. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

He is a natural eventual replacement for Brede. This will save us millions in the future .
Where there's a will there's a wife

EJL

ToodlesMcToot

I don't mean to be negative about this, since he's good, young, and English ( I think ) but, why only a one year extension?

I'm really just curious why we seem to only offer one year deals to our own anymore. It confuses me. To me, this just seems to set up well for him to have another good year in the Championship this season and for some other, bigger club to come in and buy him on the cheap because he's only got one year left on his contract.

Am I missing something?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

JHunter_Fulham4Life

I like it! And the fact that he'll get Championship football on an arguably good side is encouraging for the future -- his and ours!

hongkongfulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 04, 2013, 01:21:54 AM
I don't mean to be negative about this, since he's good, young, and English ( I think ) but, why only a one year extension?

I'm really just curious why we seem to only offer one year deals to our own anymore. It confuses me. To me, this just seems to set up well for him to have another good year in the Championship this season and for some other, bigger club to come in and buy him on the cheap because he's only got one year left on his contract.

Am I missing something?

Fulham can take another year on him taking him to 2016

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 04, 2013, 02:56:49 AM

Am I missing something?

You're saying they have another year option?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hongkongfulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 04, 2013, 03:01:11 AM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 04, 2013, 02:56:49 AM

Am I missing something?

You're saying they have another year option?

according to the article on the website. We can extend for one year.

btings

Great news.  Hope he gets some game time in the Championship.