https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz injured

Started by CanadianCottager, October 13, 2012, 04:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

costarican white

Quote from: ddeuce on October 14, 2012, 02:53:32 PM
"Thank god for this, means he doesnt have to play..."   :dead horse:

Was one comment I saw on twitter earlier.

Deary me.

Sick people.
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

Berserker

Has anybody heard any updates on whether  Ruiz is ok? Has he flown back to the UK to be seen by Fulham's medical team?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

filham

Quote from: Hazey on October 14, 2012, 12:30:04 PM
I know it isn't is fault...but do the words Ruiz and injured really surprise anyone?

It is begining to look as if he could become the Cottage sick note.

Jambo

This is crap news.  I'm a massive fan and has always defended him against some harsh stick he gets, most know of the quality he has but these injuries are constantly setting him back.  I'm just begging for him to have a run of 10-15 games  but in 14 months this has not even come close to happening.  Maybe he has just been unlucky but this further set back  won't help.  Always 1 step forward 2 back for Bryan. 
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

cmg

Google transaltion of various Costa Rican websites seems to indicate that Bryan will not play in today's match against Guyana due to not recovering from a groin injury. It seems to go on to say that he is  returning to England (or has already done so).

The article goes on to quote, "Ruiz said the frequency with which has recently been injured "is disturbing to me and I think also for the selection, and the team (Fulham).""

mccscratch

Quote from: cmg on October 16, 2012, 12:22:20 PM
Google transaltion of various Costa Rican websites seems to indicate that Bryan will not play in today's match against Guyana due to not recovering from a groin injury. It seems to go on to say that he is  returning to England (or has already done so).

The article goes on to quote, "Ruiz said the frequency with which has recently been injured "is disturbing to me and I think also for the selection, and the team (Fulham).""

One thing to note however... Costa Rica theoretically only need a draw against Guyana at home whom they trashed 4-0 away when they last met.. Guyana have nothing to play for and Costa Rica could only be knocked out if El Salvador shocked Mexico in Mexico by a few goals, which frankly ain't gonna happen.. So a lot of this could be precautionary since he is not needed to win this match.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

costarican white

He's actually in London right now, as he didn't recover on time he returned yesterday
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

BalDrick

Quote from: costarican white on October 16, 2012, 03:54:17 PM
He's actually in London right now, as he didn't recover on time he returned yesterday

So, could yet be fit for Saturday? Cool
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Andy_M

Quote from: BalDrick on October 16, 2012, 04:36:56 PM

As much as I like Bryan and have been impressed with the majority of his performances so far this season, I don't think it would be the end of the world if he wasn't fit.

I imagine if he doesn't make it we'd just see Berba drop into that role behind the striker and Petric or Rodney up top, which wouldn't be bad would it?
@got_maile

BalDrick

Quote from: Andy_M on October 16, 2012, 04:49:51 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on October 16, 2012, 04:36:56 PM

As much as I like Bryan and have been impressed with the majority of his performances so far this season, I don't think it would be the end of the world if he wasn't fit.

I imagine if he doesn't make it we'd just see Berba drop into that role behind the striker and Petric or Rodney up top, which wouldn't be bad would it?

Not at all but I have a feeling Villa are going to be quite hard to break down - they may bring a bus and park it. On his better days, Bryan is able to unlock buses. I'd have him on the bench personally.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

A Humble Man

I am impressed he has built up his upper body due to lots of gym work I assume.
We Are Fulham, Believe.