Main Menu

NFR - 4 minutes in and we are down 0-1

Started by Jimbobob, October 17, 2012, 12:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbobob

4 minutes in and we are down 0-1.
Come on USA!!!
Good grief... fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

costarican white

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

HatterDon

3-1 final and a good evening for former Fulham players:

Bocanegra: goal
Dempsey: 2 goals 1 assist
Eddie Johnson: 1 assist

on to the Hex in February.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CanadianCottager

See you in the he... oh wait 8-1 to Honduras  :012: :dft007:
Oh well, guess I'll be cheering for Ruiz's  cr flag and Jamaica, provided the latter doesn't find Junior Hoillett declaring his loyalty to them.

mccscratch

Quote from: CanadianCottager on October 17, 2012, 05:39:50 AM
Oh well, guess I'll be cheering for Ruiz's  cr flag and Jamaica, provided the latter doesn't find Junior Hoillett declaring his loyalty to them.

that was the single most stunning result I have seen in qualifying in years... Canada only needing a draw... (they had already drawn 0-0 to Honduras in the group stage before) and getting shelled 8-1.... Canada should be better than this... Honduras is no slouch but this was bad.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

CanadianCottager

Quote from: mccscratch on October 17, 2012, 05:50:43 AM

that was the single most stunning result I have seen in qualifying in years... Canada only needing a draw... (they had already drawn 0-0 to Honduras in the group stage before) and getting shelled 8-1.... Canada should be better than this... Honduras is no slouch but this was bad.

We made the cardinal sin of playing Honduras, never play bunker ball against Honduras, if you give them the ball their strikers will happily carve you to pieces. Instead we decided that the best way to play the most physically impressive striking duo in CONCACAF (sorry Jozy-Hercules) was to put all the pressure on a 34 year-old former striker at centreback. It was shocking in a certain sense, but Canada had been dreadful (minus the cheapest goal ever in Toronto to beat Panama) and it was only really Honduras' poor early 2012 form that kept us in the running at all. Its frustrating, but most frustrating of all is that it isn't even surprising.

HatterDon

Quote from: CanadianCottager on October 17, 2012, 06:01:59 AM

We made the cardinal sin of playing Honduras, never play bunker ball against Honduras, if you give them the ball their strikers will happily carve you to pieces. Instead we decided that the best way to play the most physically impressive striking duo in CONCACAF (sorry Jozy-Hercules) was to put all the pressure on a 34 year-old former striker at centreback. It was shocking in a certain sense, but Canada had been dreadful (minus the cheapest goal ever in Toronto to beat Panama) and it was only really Honduras' poor early 2012 form that kept us in the running at all. Its frustrating, but most frustrating of all is that it isn't even surprising.

What's the deal with Hoilett and Canada? I know he's Canadian. Why doesn't he feature with Canada? Well, at least I've never seen him in any USA-Canada match. He must be your most talented player.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CanadianCottager

Quote from: HatterDon on October 17, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: CanadianCottager on October 17, 2012, 06:01:59 AM

What's the deal with Hoilett and Canada? I know he's Canadian. Why doesn't he feature with Canada? Well, at least I've never seen him in any USA-Canada match. He must be your most talented player.
Yes he is Canadian born, however, his dad is Jamaican and thats where things get complicated. Last year is when he started to figure in Canada's national team plans, however, he rejected the call up insisting that he wanted to consolidate himself with his club. Shortly after, his dad was approached by the Jamaican federation to inquire about Junior playing with them. As it stands, Hoilett could care less about international football, and his dad wants him play for Jamaica. The issue and I can identify with him having played youth soccer in the Greater Toronto Area at around the same time as him is that Canada Soccer has never done anything resembling a decent job until the last few years of scouting young talent outside of the Anglo-Saxon boys club out west. A lot of promising kids like Hoillett got noticed in the GTA by European clubs before Canada soccer even knew they existed, as such they were taken to Europe young and never had any real affinity with the national federation, and others, like Owen Hargreaves, even resented the fact that Canada Soccer didn't even notice them as young players. As such, many of Canada's top players (see Jonathan De Guzman at Swansea) will likely never play with the national team.