watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Time at the Cottage

Started by Acrossthepond, October 19, 2012, 09:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acrossthepond

Apologies if this was a previous topic, but I am looking for some friendly advice.  I live in the US and am traveling for work, and was lucky enough to get a ticket to tomorrow's match.  Any advice you have for someone going to a match for the first time would be very much appreciated.

Jambo

What stand are you in? How you getting to the game? Parking can be a problem.  Other than that, have a beer, take in the walk through Bishops Park to get to the ground and go mental when Berba plants one on the top corner!!!  Enjoy your day, make sure you come back on here to let us know how your day was.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Acrossthepond

I am in the Hammersmith End, Section 5, down in row C.  I was planning on taking the tube to Putney Bridge, that's what they recommended at my hotel.

As for the beer, I will definately heed that advice.  I will also post again tomorrow, hopefully, after I get to see a Fulham win.

Jambo

Putney is perfect, plenty of pubs round there.  Also from that way you will be able to get into Bishop park to the Ground (follow the crowd).  Hammersmith end is at the far end of the ground from where you will be coming from, you will walk past the Johnny Haynes Statue (our greatest ever and most loyal player).  If you are not a Fulham fan already hopefully you will be after tomorrow.

I'm in H5 row S.  COME ON YOU WHITES!!!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Scrumpy

Quote from: Acrossthepond on October 19, 2012, 09:52:40 PM
I am in the Hammersmith End, Section 5, down in row C.  I was planning on taking the tube to Putney Bridge, that's what they recommended at my hotel.

As for the beer, I will definately heed that advice.  I will also post again tomorrow, hopefully, after I get to see a Fulham win.

Well, you're in the right section mate!  :yay: A little too near the front to be perfect, but you should get some of the atmosphere from where you are.

As you get off at Putney Bridge, you have 3 options......

Turn left over the bridge as Jambo says and choose any one of a dozen good pubs on Putney High Street. You'll need to leave said pub by about 2.15pm to make the kick off without any fretting.

If you want a dry-ish day, head straight on under the under-pass and you will not have a better approach to any football club in England than the walk along the Thames through Bishops Park. The sunlight reflecting off the water, the leaves on the ground, the crowd walking to The Cottage building and getting more excited. Soak up the atmosphere around the ground and then a quick drink and pie inside (not cheap).

or

Turn right out of the station and follow the main road. The Golden Lion on the right is the traditional Fulham Pub, although the one further along on the left (it's called 'The Lowlands' or something) is probably your best bet (it sits directly on the roundabout). Plus, it is just opposite the official Club Shop if you fancy buying a few bits and pieces. Grab a few beers before the match and jusst make yourself known to someone. You'll be sure of a warm welcome. Follow the hoardes to Craven Cottage at about 2.30pm and just enjoy the day.

Would be really interesting to hear your views of the day at some point tomorrow.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

LBNo11

...this also may help - ignore the first 4 minutes, but the rest shows you the Putney End walking towards the Hammersmith End - and unless you understand Japanese turn off the sound:-

London Craven Cottage Fulham FC
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JackyFulham90

Enjoy the game hopefully the boys get 3 points for you