https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Vs Aston Villa Match Thread

Started by Azeedo, October 20, 2012, 03:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azeedo

Azeedo

The King

Fulham: Schwarzer, Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise, Sidwell, Baird, Richardson, Rodallega, Berbatov, Petric. Subs: Stockdale, Senderos, Kasami, Karagounis, Diarra, Dejagah, Kacaniklic

Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Delph, Holman, Bent, Agbonlahor. Subs: Given, N'Zogbia, Albrighton, Benteke, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj

Lighthouse

Petric misses a great chance but it is all a bit too open for me. No midfield for either side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 20, 2012, 03:14:32 PM
Petric misses a great chance but it is all a bit too open for me. No midfield for either side.

At least Diarra isn't needed at the moment then ;)  Could really do with scoring soon though, looking pretty dangerous at the moment.

Mr Fulham

We're missing a real wide man. Duff. I'd bring on Dejagah.

Decent penalty shout though with Rodallega, who was clearly pushed by Bennett (?)

MisfitKid

Announcer on a recent corner: "A lot of height in white"   :011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Mr Fulham

God The Mechanic

Sidwell had to get that on target, seriously.

ElissonSnygg

I like the line-up involving Berba, Petric and Rodallega. Hope it works out well in the second half.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Lighthouse

Frustrating that we haven't managed to score. But always look dangerous going forward. Needs a bit of guile otherwise we can be upset in the second half. A bit like a youth match with nobody putting their foot on the ball and controlling things.

Ordar

Been a strange half, we've looked more threatening without creating too much. Not sure Berbs and Petric can play up top together, they're very similar. I'd bring Dejagah on for Petric after 5-10 mins, and move Rod up front. I think Rod's played fairly well on the right though. Probably been our best player.

jarv

Poor first half.Villa look like a 2nd division team in a cup tie. No class but fight for everything. Fulham far too casual. Could lose this one if they don't change up a gear.

Berbatov and Petric look like a bit of a luxury together.  The team still needs a forward with some pace (Defoe type).

Let's hope for a better 2nd half.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Ordar on October 20, 2012, 03:49:58 PM
I'd bring Dejagah on for Petric after 5-10 mins, and move Rod up front.
:plus one:

Lighthouse

NogoodBoyo

Not as bad as some are making out.  
We look a bit disjointed, which isn't surprising given the line-up and the fact that many of these players have hardly trained together let alone played together.  A tad too many strikers on our side  and not enough influential midfield men for me, but I'll settle for the current position and hope that Jol can sort out some structure in his half-time talk.
Oh, Riise has been absolutely excellent!
Nogood "poor quality link though, so I might be talking absolute bolleaux, isit" Boyo

bugsy

I really don't know what I thought of that half. I agree with Ordar..strange comes to mind but I'm not sure why.  Seems to be a game that we should win handily but I get the impression that the players themselves, upfront that is, can't quite figure out a game plan to stick to. Not too concerned just yet.  

Jamie88

Great strike rodders...
....and now Berba follows suit....honestly what is wrong with our finishing today?

Lighthouse

Come on we need to bring on a wide player for Petric and Rodders alongside Berbatov.

We are going to be sucker punched if we are not careful.

God The Mechanic

And a midfielder to take the game by the scruff of the neck... if he's fit.